Sammy Watkins Rookie of the Month for October

1B4IDie

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry but Benjamin isn't in Sammy's league. He's big and physical but get ZERO separation. They throw it to him evey play too. He's a nice player but they are not the same.

i was just going to comment on lack of separation. He seems to not have great technique. Just dropped a TD that was right in his hands too. He's raw but clearly has upside. The difference in "polish" between he and Sammy is noticeable. Edited by YoloinOhio

i was just going to comment on lack of separation. He seems to not have great technique. Just dropped a TD that was right in his hands too. He's raw but clearly has upside. The difference in "polish" between he and Sammy is noticeable.

Benjamin's upside is Vincent Jackson. Sammy's is Larry Fitzgerald or higher. I think all 32 teams would take Sammy over Benjamin.

Agreed, well put. A healthy Sammy with a decent QB will separate himself from DB's and Mr. Benjamin.

think about it this way - it was one month ago today that Orton was named the starter. He has only been practicing with Sammy for a month. Orton might not be an elite QB, but he is accurate and can hit a WR in stride. He can make all the throws. And Sammy will make him even better.

I'm excited.

think about it this way - it was one month ago today that Orton was named the starter. He has only been practicing with Sammy for a month. Orton might not be an elite QB, but he is accurate and can hit a WR in stride. He can make all the throws. And Sammy will make him even better.

I'm excited.

Oh yeah, it's very exciting. Sammy now has a couple weeks to get 100%, too. He was catching then protecting for a while. Soon he will catch and ATTACK!

According to the NFLN panel of schmucks, Benjamin is superior to Watkins with everyone chasing him for OROY...

Wonder if the same sentiments are echoed after this award?

Michael Irvin just called Benjamin his rookie of the YEAR.

Lolol. What a clown. I wonder how many lines of coke he did prior to that statement.

I'm sorry but Benjamin isn't in Sammy's league. He's big and physical but get ZERO separation. They throw it to him evey play too. He's a nice player but they are not the same.

Benjamin's upside is Vincent Jackson. Sammy's is Larry Fitzgerald or higher. I think all 32 teams would take Sammy over Benjamin.

KBen is having a very nice season and his large catch radius is a big help to Cam. Sammy is great but so is Benjamin, pretty sad to see so many of you mocking KB to make Sammy seem better, quick hint he doesn't need it.

KBen is having a very nice season and his large catch radius is a big help to Cam. Sammy is great but so is Benjamin, pretty sad to see so many of you mocking KB to make Sammy seem better, quick hint he doesn't need it.

KBen is a good player, don't get me wrong. I liked him a lot coming out of the draft. I didn't think he would be there at #41 so I was a fan of a trade back (really anything rather than Ebron's waste of a pick)

KBen is not in Sammy's league.

The truth will come on by the end of the year.

A healthy Sammy Watkins with a semi-capable QB is Offensive ROY this year hands down.

Edited by Why So Serious?

and I started him in fantasy. Smh.

I'm starting to wonder if it isn't Cam Newton that shuts down Kelvin Benjamin, and himself, which is why I didn't start Cam again this week.

The only thing that shut down Sammy against the Pats was Orton/gameplan. It certainly wasn't Revis. I don't want to look too far ahead, but, the last game of the season, after so many games for Sammy/Kyle working together? We'll see about Revis.

I think the thing with Benjamin is that a relatively high percentage of his receptions will come from winning contested balls against smaller defenders. Now, I'm not saying that's a bad thins; it's not. I do think that it's resultant from not having the same ability as Sammy to get open--Benjamin shouldn't be knocked for that (I don't think I've seen anyone do so), as there may not be anyone in the NFL that can get open within the first two steps of a pass route like Sammy can.

I was hardly mocking Benjamin by comparing him to Vincent Jackson. Vincent Jackson has had a great career...just short of elite. Like Jackson, Benjamin doesn't tend to get very open or separate from CBs, but he has the rare ability to dominate even when covered.

That said, I'd rather have a guy with the freakish ability to get open in any situation. Too bad Chris Hogan had the nickname 7/11 taken.

I think this is a telling stat when comparing the 2, seeing as their total yards almost identical.

Yards after catch:

Sammy Watkins - 212 yards

Kelvin Benjamin - 79 yards

wow, good stat.

Is it too soon for me to bump the Cam Newton is a bust thread from 2 years ago? Cam Newton looked like a 3rd string QB yesterday.

There have been a lot of posts basically indicating that they are interchangeable. They are not. KB is a nice player (Alshon Jeffrey), Watkins is a star. It is in no way a knock on Benjamin it is a salute to Sammy.