10 Hours of Walking in NYC as a woman

oYKtCJ7.jpg
I was fetching water from ye well when a group of gentlemen approached from ye distance. As I drew thy water from thy well these gentlemen did speak in vulgar tones. Thy men asked to view upon my wrists, which thou thought most inappropriate. One men asked to see my hair be let down which terrified me. Thou gentlemen were most obscene as thy youngest one wandered down to thy well at which ye stood and asked to see ye port hole. Thy boy then spoke upon me to put a gander underneath my flock. I gasped with the force of 9000 suns and fear struck across my soft brow. Do these men not know of the devlish tones that they speak? I ask ye, do I deserve thy harshest tones?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://youtube.com/watch?v=mgw6y3cH7tA

Glad she didn't pass by Security

The thing is, what's the message with this version?

The video starts with her dressed in western casual, and she gets harassed. Then she puts on her hijab and suddenly men treat her with respect. Are they saying that these guys are racist/anti-Muslim because they ignored her? Would it have been better had they treated her the same?

Or, are they saying the solution to the epidemic plaguing women everywhere is to dress more modestly? Isn't that the overall purpose of women of Muslim faith wearing them in the first place, to promote modesty and thwart unwanted advances? Because if they're saying that, it's kind of blaming the women for the harassment -- which undercuts the point of the original "walk" in a hilarious way.

Or is this Security's worst nightmare? A (not so) subtle attempt to celebrate the benefits of a Muslim takeover of America?

The thing is, what's the message with this version?

The video starts with her dressed in western casual, and she gets harassed. Then she puts on her hijab and suddenly men treat her with respect. Are they saying that these guys are racist/anti-Muslim because they ignored her? Would it have been better had they treated her the same?

Or, are they saying the solution to the epidemic plaguing women everywhere is to dress more modestly? Isn't that the overall purpose of women of Muslim faith wearing them in the first place, to promote modesty and thwart unwanted advances? Because if they're saying that, it's kind of blaming the women for the harassment -- which undercuts the point of the original "walk" in a hilarious way.

Or is this Security's worst nightmare? A (not so) subtle attempt to celebrate the benefits of a Muslim takeover of America?

Well there is no way to see the big titties in the second out take...

Its amazing how little of a point is made. Simply - men find women attractive.

That's all.

But, I'd like to see the following video:

A Kristy kreme doughnut carried thru an office of women

A man in a yoga class of all women

A woman dressed similarly in a group of other women or older women.

An attractive man in on a street.

To me, it's simple. A woman is taken less seriously in inverse proportion to how much skin she shows.

This is true in business and on the street which has real-time free-form near anonymity that can approach that of the Intarwebs.

Compare accepted business dress for men vs. that of women.

If men dressed in clothing that exposed as much skin as women, they'd be wearing Bermuda shorts and short-sleeve shirts or Henley's.

Professional-dress-code.jpg

To me, it's simple. A woman is taken less seriously in inverse proportion to how much skin she shows.

This is true in business and on the street which has real-time free-form near anonymity that can approach that of the Intarwebs.

If men dressed in clothing that exposed as much skin as women, they'd be wearing Bermuda shorts and short-sleeve shirts or Henley's.

I'm expected to wear a suit to work every day. A female colleague of mine is wearing flip flops.

That's not true. I get taken very seriously when I walk around shirtless with a speedo.

So respectively the police even show up.

Wait a second....is this same 'hostile to women' New York City?

Model walks around Manhattan wearing nothing below the waist other than paint and no one even notices, much less cat-calls her:

https://www.yahoo.co...2623555043.html

The only thing NYC'rs look out for is avoiding the throngs of tourists who are in their way to the destination.

The first walking scene was at Port Authority bus terminal, and no one gave a crap. Imagine that, hollagirl.

The only thing NYC'rs look out for is avoiding the throngs of tourists who are in their way to the destination.

The first walking scene was at Port Authority bus terminal, and no one gave a crap. Imagine that, hollagirl.

Lots of people give a crap at the Port Authority, it's just usually left on the ground. Or the stairs. Or the walls.

:wallbash: I don't know what offends me more, the clearly staged encounters or the "message".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yvq6pH5Rheg