10 Hours of Walking in NYC as a woman

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many people know that Orkin staged the whole shot?

Puts a different light on the iconic photo, no?

How many people noticed that the guy at the cafe table isn't leering at Orkin, but at the guy on the back of the motor scooter?

How many people noticed that the guy at the cafe table isn't leering at Orkin, but at the guy on the back of the motor scooter?

I wouldn't be surprised if Orkin found that to be harassment as well.

"Hey, I dress up in pants so tight you can read my lips, but you're looking at a man? How dare you!!!!!!"

Interesting take on specifically *where* she walked in NYC. Most of it is on a particular street in Harlem.

As the pie chart below presents, the makers of this film focused almost exclusively on a small radius in Harlem and a small radius near Times Square. The filmmakers claim to have shot this video while walking the streets of Manhattan for 10 hours, but over half of the shots in the video are actually taken from just one street, namely 125th St. in Harlem. It makes one wonder whether the filmmakers intentionally chose to concentrate their filming on a couple of neighborhoods, or if, out of many locations, these are the only places where harassment occurred. Would the same woman be harassed as often in the Financial District or Chelsea? How about in other boroughs, like Brooklyn and the Bronx?

But hey...send this girl your money, mmmkay?

Wait....you mean that was you, dressed up in drag?

Jesus, do you have any idea of the trouble you've caused?

Leftist assclowns, otherwise known as bloggers and pundits, have begun a "sexist" vs. "racist" war with each other. It's mass chaos. We have people telling us that beng a white women walking down the street is being racist, but only if you do it in black neighborhoods like SoHo and the Village. :lol: (For the NYC-deficient: Soho/Village are both white-dominated neighborhoods.) :wacko:

I swear, this video has generated more leftist absurdity than the The Surge in Iraq. Article after article of hilarious irony. The group that made it, which was trying draw attention to sexist behavior in order to stop it, was forced to apologize for making it....by feministas! :lol: :lol: So, we should accept sexist harassment, only if it's done by black/brown men(who were, by the way, somehow "set up" by the video's producers) in white neighborhoods, because....Racist!

I hope this goes on for a long time. Each new article from the left about this is a gift for me: an amazing contortion/bastardization of logic. It's fun to watch stupid people try to squirm out of their own awful premises and contructs, that they've been demanding we all attend to for years.

Could be that there is some uber-troll behind this? I doubt it. But, if that is what this is? :beer: Intentional or otherwise: this is some of the best trolling known to man.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

Interesting take on specifically *where* she walked in NYC. Most of it is on a particular street in Harlem.

Where is BillinNYC when you need him? He used to post here all the time. He would get a kick out of this article.

What a stupid question. :doh: If this was done in Brooklyn or the F'ing Bronx? :lol: Answer: It would be worse, and it would still be largely done by non-whites, you unmitigated moron.

Exception: Orthodox Jewish neighborhoods, which are a miniscule part of Brooklyn. But this schit goes on: 5th avenue, Park Ave, and everywhere else, on a daily basis. I've seen it, and I've even intervened a few times because the girl in question(usually who just moved in last week) was scared out of her wits. It ain't the construction workers. That's outdated. Today, those guys are way too busy for that. In thinking about it, I may have seen 1 white guy cat-call a woman for every 50 non-whites that do, and I would bet $10k Bill would back me up on that.

This moron seems to forget what happened to literally "dozens" of white women in Central Park not so long ago. Remind me: what was the excuse for 50+ white women getting their clothes torn off/attempted rape on Puerto Rican Holiday? Was Central Park ever a "black neighborhood"?

Plus, the notion that Harlem means Black or Puerto Rican exclusively today, like it did 20 years ago, or means poor(um check the rents in Harlem now) and therefore, that this video is somehow targeted towards non-whites....is preposterous, and written by somebody who hasn't been to NYC in a while, or ever. Again, you walk on any busy NYC street any time of the day, and if the woman is a 4 or above, you will hear the cat calls.

Put it this way: You feel sorry for the women that DON'T get them, because it's so noticeable when any woman doesn't.

Hey OC, did you see the new article? This one is great.

http://www.slate.com...ml?wpsrc=fol_tw

The only paragraph with content:

White men, on the other hand, have no use for that sort of catcalling. They marked their territory centuries ago. So, instead, their sexual harassment is less invasive (“in passing,” as Bliss puts it) and harder to recognize—even when it’s staring you in the face. They do it in bars, at parties, on the frat row at your local college campus, in boardrooms, and other places men of color are never privy to, at least not in positions of power. As a biracial woman of color who, despite being half-white, likely “reads” black to many people, I've walked into parties thrown by traditionally white fraternities and bars with a diverse crowd, and white guys have gawked at me ever so slightly, engaging with me as they would an exotic animal at a zoo. Particularly when I'm in a group with other women of color, they circle us, giving off cues to dance in a way that suggests it's nothing more than a social experiment for them; it's as if they're wondering, "what's it really like to dance with a black girl?" And white men harass, sometimes most crudely, online—particularly, as I’ve experienced, when approaching women of color.

There's a sorely underused form of psychotherapy called "Cognitive Behavioral Therapy," the basics of which include what you think affects how you feel. You learn to identify thought distortions and consider other possibilities. http://www.atlantaps...distortions.pdf

In this case, let's look at 5 and 5a:

5. JUMPING TO CONCLUSIONS: You make a negative interpretation even though

there are no definite facts that convincingly support your conclusions.

5a. Mind Reading. You arbitrarily conclude that someone is reacting negatively

to you, and you don’t bother to check this out

Edited by LeviF91

Say, what?

I said it. Miniscule. As in: I work with them on a weekly basis. Who do you think owns most of the health care facilities in the Tri-State area? The Presbyterians? :lol: What you may think is an Orthodox neighborhood, apparently is not, according to them. Look: I could write you a book post to prove it, and as a troll. But, now you know better, and it wouldn't work.

Suffice it to say: is it really a surprise to you that the Orthodox like to disqualify some of their group as not-Orthodox? It is a surprise that there are purists among Orthodox people? :lol: Thus: based on my experience, miniscule is the correct term.

They are great people, especially since I've convinced them that St. Patrick's day is holiday for me(which is only fair, since they have so many damn holidays where they are unreachable) that means I'm unreachable during that day/day after. They think it's like their Purim....which is pronounced: "pour em"...which is hilarious because Purim is the one time you'll see these guys get hammered out of their wits.

I said it. Miniscule. As in: I work with them on a weekly basis. Who do you think owns most of the health care facilities in the Tri-State area? The Presbyterians? :lol: What you may think is an Orthodox neighborhood, apparently is not, according to them. Look: I could write you a book post to prove it, and as a troll. But, now you know better, and it wouldn't work.

Suffice it to say: is it really a surprise to you that the Orthodox like to disqualify some of their group as not-Orthodox? It is a surprise that there are purists among Orthodox people? :lol: Thus: based on my experience, miniscule is the correct term.

They are great people, especially since I've convinced them that St. Patrick's day is holiday for me(which is only fair, since they have so many damn holidays where they are unreachable) that means I'm unreachable during that day/day after. They think it's like their Purim....which is pronounced: "pour em"...which is hilarious because Purim is the one time you'll see these guys get hammered out of their wits.

Let's start with YOUR definition of Orthodox, since now you're clearly an expert on Brooklyn Jewry.

Let's start with YOUR definition of Orthodox, since now you're clearly an expert on Brooklyn Jewry.

My brother lives near Brooklyn, and while he's no expert on Jewry, he has nothing but good things to say about Fitzgeralds on North 11th.

(Yeah, sorry. It was just sitting there.)

Hey OC, did you see the new article? This one is great.

http://www.slate.com...ml?wpsrc=fol_tw

The only paragraph with content:

[/size][/font][/color]

There's a sorely underused form of psychotherapy called "Cognitive Behavioral Therapy," the basics of which include what you think affects how you feel. You learn to identify thought distortions and consider other possibilities. http://www.atlantaps...distortions.pdf

In this case, let's look at 5 and 5a:

5. JUMPING TO CONCLUSIONS: You make a negative interpretation even though

there are no definite facts that convincingly support your conclusions.

5a. Mind Reading. You arbitrarily conclude that someone is reacting negatively

to you, and you don’t bother to check this out

Hahahaha....awesome.

Apparently this woman has never been to spring break. I'm guessing that's because: none of her friends wanted to go with her. Who wants to go party on a beach with someone who yells "oppressor!" every 5 minutes? :lol:

Look: I've been to the bar in 30 states, exactly, and 5 foreign countries. I believe I've seen enough "circles of guys" of all colors, dancing, badly, around girls of all colors, to last a lifetime. Hell, I can go out to 100% white bars tomorrow night, where I am now, and see that. :rolleyes:

What an ego: as if she's the only woman who's ever been treated like a zoo animal, and it's because she's black? She doesn't understand men at all. I'd pay her, and buy all her drinks, to spend 2 hours at a Tejano bar, laugh my ass off, and post it all on Youtube. EDIT: That's because she would get harrassed by the women, not the men, and told to GTFO! And, as if no Asian man in history has ever gawked at a black girl and asked "what's it really like to dance with a black girl?"

No, only white guys do that. Yeah, no black man has ever asked the same question about white girls. Christ, entire rap songs have been written about this topic, mostly by black women who want black men to look at them instead!. :wallbash::lol:

I love how her personal experience, like you said, is evidence that she can read minds.

Enough F'ing about: this is about culture. AMERICAN culture doesn't accept cat-calling as appropriate. Hang around Italy/Greece/Spain/Southern France or any Mediterranean culture: the women are insulted if they DON'T get the cat calls. Btw, those are white people.

American Feminist Hell: a week's vacation in Naples. :lol: I'd pay for it, as long as I could post the video on YouTube.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

What part of "this is what I'm told, by the people I've been working with for 10 damn years now, who define themselves using very strict, yet confusing rules, and more importantly, often refuse to consider others as Orthodox, based on said rules" did you not get?

My definition? Given WTF I just said? :blink: How in hell does it matter? Are you retarded?

As if they would ever give a rat's ass what I think about who is Orthodox and who is not? :wacko: These are people who still maintain a tribal culture, literally. Many times I've heard "Well, hey, that guy is/isn't in my tribe, so...", and you expect my definition to matter? Hilariously retarded.

The good news is: you've given me a unintentional, hilariously ironic story to tell my Othrodox partners. "Yeah, this one guy online asked me for my definition of Orthodox Jew". They will certainly get a good laugh out of that....and still not care what my definition is. They might ask me, and since they are clients/investors, I will merely say "good, innovative business partners"...as I was trained to do. They like it when I call them innovative. It makes them feel: unorthodox. :lol:

Edited by OCinBuffalo

No. I know what I've been told. As I've said, 3 times now.

Shall we go for a 4th? Are you looking to go full retard on this?

Hey emotiking, I'm not the one who threw out the tidbit that Orthodox Jews are in miniscule parts of Brooklyn.