Is the 2014 D better than the 1999 D?

I know that our 1999 D was one of the best we've seen and a lot of Bills fans think that team could have gone the distance if not for Bum's son decision to bench Flutie... because we could have beaten St. Louis...

But boy does this year's D look good and in my opinion better than our 1999 D.

Thoughts?

The 2014 Bills are giivng up more yards-per-game, more points-per-game, and more yards-per-play than the 1999 Bills did. But the game has changed and there's a lot more passing yards and higher scores, so it's hard to say. I think if Preston Brown continues to improve and when Kiko comes back, this unit will have the edge and probably be the best front 7 D the franchise has ever had.

Personally, I think the 2004 Defense was better than the 99 and current defense. They had a great pass rush, two stud LB's and plenty of talent in the secondary. Its a shame that team never got a chance in the postseason because they got hot at the right time and definitely could have done some damage. Just my two cents

Personally, I think the 2004 Defense was better than the 99 and current defense. They had a great pass rush, two stud LB's and plenty of talent in the secondary. Its a shame that team never got a chance in the postseason because they got hot at the right time and definitely could have done some damage. Just my two cents

Couldn't beat Pitt!! That was a pretty talented roster.

Hard to compare the 3-4 against the 4-3, but I think Hansen+Mt Washington+Bruce > Mario+Dareus+KW+Hughes. No contest at safety, sgt schultz and henry jones over AW and Searcy. Current starting CBs have the edge over 99, even though the rookie Antoine Winfield stepped in for the injured Kenny Irvin late in the season.

That was a Super Bowl defense, had it not been for the forward pass....

I know that our 1999 D was one of the best we've seen and a lot of Bills fans think that team could have gone the distance if not for Bum's son decision to bench Flutie... because we could have beaten St. Louis...

But boy does this year's D look good and in my opinion better than our 1999 D.

Thoughts?

99 defense was better, not even close

Everyone knows it wasn't Wades decision to start Rob Johnson and sit Flutie including Flutie

If Kiko was playing this year, maybe.

Let's hope they can find a way to keep that D-line together a little longer. Next year, with a year of experience in Schwartz's system under their belts and a fresh Kiko, who knows...