Mike Williams in the Red Zone in the Jets Game

simpleman

Has anyone reviewed the game to see if Mike Williams was in the game all those times the team was in the red zone and came up empty? Is he just not getting open, or is he not even being given an opportunity to be on the field during those plays? I find it strange that a player who is considered a great red zone target is not someone I'm noticing in those situations. Is it him not playing well, or is he not even being given an opportunity?

Has anyone reviewed the game to see if Mike Williams was in the game all those times the team was in the red zone and came up empty? Is he just not getting open, or is he not even being given an opportunity to be on the field during those plays? I find it strange that a player who is considered a great red zone target is not someone I'm noticing in those situations. Is it him not playing well, or is he not even being given an opportunity?

He needs to put in the work with Orton. Things changed when the QB changed and MW evidently didn't adapt. Sammy indicated last week he is in there at 5am trying to make up for lost time with Orton. Hoping for the best with MW.

http://www.syracuse....alling_dow.html

Edited by YoloinOhio

He needs to put in the work with Orton. Things changed when the QB changed and MW evidently didn't adapt. Sammy indicated last week he is in there at 5am trying to make up for lost time with Orton. Hoping for the best with MW.

http://www.syracuse....alling_dow.html

Might be me projecting my own opinion on it but something just feels off with the explanation still. I find it hard to believe that on and off the field MW is doing things right and is simply stuck as our 5th most useful guy still.

Might be me projecting my own opinion on it but something just feels off with the explanation still. I find it hard to believe that on and off the field MW is doing things right and is simply stuck as our 5th most useful guy still.

To me it's a similar situation to the coaching staff stubbornly insisting that Urbik wasn't worthy of starting at Guard over Richardson and/or Pears.

I didn't even know he played until I saw that replay on ESPN when they showed Rex flipping out on the officials on the sideline and MW was the receiver on that side when all of that was happening

Most, if not all, of his offensive snaps came while Robert Woods was out of the game with a back contusion.

To me it's a similar situation to the coaching staff stubbornly insisting that Urbik wasn't worthy of starting at Guard over Richardson and/or Pears.

Which I still don't understand either.

Hopefully hacketts comments about being transparent with players is true but the brown and Williams comments leave hacketts ringing oddly when I read them

I think it just comes down to what roles they want WRs to play.... MW probably directly backs up Sammy and Woods at this point on the outside. Hogan is more their slot guy. Goodwin just comes in once in a while to leave the field on a stretcher.

fixed that for you

MW plays once in awhile, but the guy just can't get open anymore. He's about as useful to the Bills (barring an injury) as TJ Graham is to the Jets.

It's amazing how Spiller all of a sudden is a bad rb and Williams can't open after they both have been productive players in the NFL. Based on resumes, I think the problem lies elsewhere.

Something's going on as Mike Williams was a stud in Tampa. 3 of 4 seasons he was above 1000 yards. I'm not blaming Hackett or Marrone. I don't know. I don't expect you guys to know Williams as I live in Tampa, but it is really perplexing they have a talent like him, yet do not play him.

Maybe he isn't putting in the time in the film room, or spending extra time with Orton. It makes no sense, from a business as he has a chance to do well this year, and can make some decent money. If he gets cut next year, he will go for the league minimum. Is he that dumb to not put it on the line for this team.

It's a damn shame as he could be an excellent #2 and a great red zone threat. I'm really disappointed in him at this point.

It's amazing how Spiller all of a sudden is a bad rb and Williams can't open after they both have been productive players in the NFL. Based on resumes, I think the problem lies elsewhere.

Spiller's still got it, he just has a bad o-line in front of him. MW, oth, is done. He isn't getting any separation from defenders. The Bucs knew he lost a step, and he was a locker room nightmare. They were wise to ship him off. The rumors about MW almost getting cut by the Bills in the preseason were probably legit. We were all shocked when the Bills traded Lee Evans, but the FO knew what they were doing at the time. That said, I kind of hope the Bills keep MW in case someone gets hurt down the stretch.

Spiller's still got it, he just has a bad o-line in front of him. MW, oth, is done. He isn't getting any separation from defenders. The Bucs knew he lost a step, and he was a locker room nightmare. They were wise to ship him off. The rumors about MW almost getting cut by the Bills in the preseason were probably legit. We were all shocked when the Bills traded Lee Evans, but the FO knew what they were doing at the time. That said, I kind of hope the Bills keep MW in case someone gets hurt down the stretch.

You keep repeating this storyline w/o a single shred of evidence. Distortions like MW being late too. :thumbsup:

Link?

Something's going on as Mike Williams was a stud in Tampa. 3 of 4 seasons he was above 1000 yards. I'm not blaming Hackett or Marrone. I don't know. I don't expect you guys to know Williams as I live in Tampa, but it is really perplexing they have a talent like him, yet do not play him.

Maybe he isn't putting in the time in the film room, or spending extra time with Orton. It makes no sense, from a business as he has a chance to do well this year, and can make some decent money. If he gets cut next year, he will go for the league minimum. Is he that dumb to not put it on the line for this team.

It's a damn shame as he could be an excellent #2 and a great red zone threat. I'm really disappointed in him at this point.

I remember them saying last week that Hogan knows all the wide out positions . If Williams only knows Sammies position then when does he play ? This is not on the coaches MW is not some young guy he is a NFL veteran and he should be putting in the work and forcing them to play him . Instead it seems like he wants the snaps because is is MW not because he has earned them .

The one thing I've noticed is how everyone keeps repeating about how Orton has brought an attention to detail and seriousness to preparation in the film room,walk thrus .etc. he is basically the veteran of the receiving corps and I don't think he was setting the example that you would expect from from a vet surrounded by so many young wideouts.

This bye week is big for him