Rookie of Week 8: Sammy in it again

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Barr should win.

Cooks, Watkins, and Barr are all deserving. All three had great games.

I'm slightly biased against Barr, just because I didn't see that game. I did see Cooks and Watkins...as big a game as Watkins had (his TD catch was sick), I think Cooks is just a hair more deserving.

Agreed. But overall Sammy's has a great 1st half --- I think he's been on 3 ballots and won 2.

Sammy's second first TD was incredible. Too bad he fell into the showboat trap and didn't get the first one. I'd prefer if he didn't get the ROW this week, too much attention and praise too soon. He will be great if he stays humble and focused. Look how TO has destroyed his legacy. They need him to get on the phone with Barry Sanders or Larry Fitzgerald so he can learn that you don't have to showboat to showboat.

I'm slightly biased against Barr, just because I didn't see that game. I did see Cooks and Watkins...as big a game as Watkins had (his TD catch was sick), I think Cooks is just a hair more deserving.

Cooks had 6 catches for 94 yards including a 50-yard TD, and added 1 rush for a 4-yard TD. I'd give Sammy the nod for his 3 catches for 157 yards and 1, almost 2, TD performance. I'd actually make a case for Arizona WR John Brown over Cooks. But Barr's performance was pretty impressive.

Cooks has disappeared.

Cooks had 6 catches for 94 yards including a 50-yard TD, and added 1 rush for a 4-yard TD. I'd give Sammy the nod for his 3 catches for 157 yards and 1, almost 2, TD performance. I'd actually make a case for Arizona WR John Brown over Cooks. But Barr's performance was pretty impressive.

Brown had one long reception where he got behind the safeties. That didn't impress me much - straight-out speed, and the beneficiary of a good throw. That doesn't impress me, simply on the "If Don Beebe can do it..." principle.

Watkins was getting open all day, and had two stellar runs after the catch. But then Cooks...he was making catches every which way, including some ridiculous catches he had no business making, even when he was covered.

Bottom line: Watkins made the Jets secondary look like the Jets secondary. But Cooks made the Green Bay secondary look like the Jets secondary, which is much harder to do.

I simply won't speak to Barr, as I didn't watch him.

Brown had one long reception where he got behind the safeties. That didn't impress me much - straight-out speed, and the beneficiary of a good throw. That doesn't impress me, simply on the "If Don Beebe can do it..." principle.

Watkins was getting open all day, and had two stellar runs after the catch. But then Cooks...he was making catches every which way, including some ridiculous catches he had no business making, even when he was covered.

Bottom line: Watkins made the Jets secondary look like the Jets secondary. But Cooks made the Green Bay secondary look like the Jets secondary, which is much harder to do.

I simply won't speak to Barr, as I didn't watch him.

GB secondary was missing top two CBs I think, and had been pretty bad all year ... But that said, nothing compares to the ineptness of the Jets secondary. I would give it to Cooks this week as well.

Sammy's second first TD was incredible. Too bad he fell into the showboat trap and didn't get the first one. I'd prefer if he didn't get the ROW this week, too much attention and praise too soon. He will be great if he stays humble and focused. Look how TO has destroyed his legacy. They need him to get on the phone with Barry Sanders or Larry Fitzgerald so he can learn that you don't have to showboat to showboat.

no way he turns into a TO. that was epicly bad fail, and that guy was a weirdo from the start. but even if i felt his #'s were deserving otherwise, the rookie mistake nixes him for rookie of the week honors