Rookie of Week 8: Sammy in it again

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or even look back! RUN FAST!

Run Sammie Run !

If i were an NFL athlete and i had the ball. i would run for my life every touch and thank goodness when i reached the promised land. then hand the ball to ref.

and then , watch how cool i was on the Tron

Edited by 3rdand12

Run Sammie Run !

Run like Forrest when the braces flew off!!!

EDIT: I was in Savannah the last couple days and it's a thousand times nicer than it was a couple decades ago. If you're nearby, check out the historic district. It's a cross between Charleston and New Orleans. Bigger, nicer and safer than it used to be. Open containers are not only allowed in the historic district, they seem to be encouraged.

Edited by Augie

Run like Forrest when the braces flew off!!!

EDIT: I was in Savannah the last couple days and it's a thousand times nicer than it was a couple decades ago. If you're nearby, check out the historic district. It's a cross between Charleston and New Orleans. Bigger, nicer and safer than it used to be. Open containers are not only allowed in the historic district, they seem to be encouraged.

i was there about 5 years ago during the summer. Gorgeous area.

A lot of construction going on, I have to believe it's even better now. My wife had appointments all day/night yesterday so I walked and ate and drank for hours and hours. Life could be worse. Garibaldis was last where the lovely ladies next to me were sharing their entrees with me until one fell off her barstool. (Not shocking, if you were there.) I had been eating all day, but they insisted, and I was blessed. The veal chop au poivre is one of the best things I've ever tasted. After they limped off the next guy kept bragging and sharing his flounder. OK, THAT was the best thing I ever tasted. And the bar tender apologized for being busy so he was giving me free wine. I wish you all have such a night once in your life, at least. And, to tie things in SAMMY DESERVES A NIGHT BETTER THAN THIS AFTER HIS OROY AWARD.

I'd like to see Preston Brown get a weekly nom. I thought it could have been this week. Didn't Kiko and Woods get noms on the same week last year?

Brown really had a great game, not even counting the important INT. I think he got a little too much credit early in the season when I thought he was getting routinely abused, but the last four or so games he has been getting better and better and he is playing very well for a rookie now. Great pick by Whaley so far.

Edited by Kelly the Dog

A lot of construction going on, I have to believe it's even better now. My wife had appointments all day/night yesterday so I walked and ate and drank for hours and hours. Life could be worse. Garibaldis was last where the lovely ladies next to me were sharing their entrees with me until one fell off her barstool. (Not shocking, if you were there.) I had been eating all day, but they insisted, and I was blessed. The veal chop au poivre is one of the best things I've ever tasted. After they limped off the next guy kept bragging and sharing his flounder. OK, THAT was the best thing I ever tasted. And the bar tender apologized for being busy so he was giving me free wine. I wish you all have such a night once in your life, at least. And, to tie things in SAMMY DESERVES A NIGHT BETTER THAN THIS AFTER HIS OROY AWARD.

Funny reading this, my wife at one time was the manager of the Garibaldis in Charleston, same owner.

Rookies of the Month

Offense: WR Sammy Watkins, Buffalo Bills: Watkins led all rookies with 393 receiving yards on 21 receptions (18.7 average) with three touchdowns, which tied for the most among NFL rookies for the month. He posted at least 87 receiving yards in three of four games this month, including two 100-yard performances, the most among NFL rookies in October....http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000419995/article/tom-brady-demarco-murray-lead-players-of-the-month-for-october?campaign=Twitter_atl

Sammy easily wins ROW without this

B1C0oWeIgAE2e-q.jpg

Precisely. I thought that as soon as I heard he was up fo nomination this week. It will likely go to Cooks or John Brown IMO, however, I do feel Barr stands just as good a chance to win. A lot of pressure on Glennon, good coverage and solid tackling in the open field to go on top of a game winning play.

Maybe it is a good thing if he does not win this week. His fellow rook WR nominees each had 2 TDs, he doesn't, and it is only his fault as to why.

Um, correct me if I am wrong but the only rookies who had two TD's were Bryant and Taliaferro. One of whom is a running back...

Edited by Smooth

Precisely. I thought that as soon as I heard he was up fo nomination this week. It will likely go to Cooks or John Brown IMO, however, I do feel Barr stands just as good a chance to win. A lot of pressure on Glennon, good coverage and solid tackling in the open field to go on top of a game winning play.

Um, correct me if I am wrong but the only rookies who had two TD's were Bryant and Taliaferro. One of whom is a running back...

i was referring to Bryant and Cooks. One of Cooks' was a rushing TD.

I'd like to see Preston Brown get a weekly nom. I thought it could have been this week. Didn't Kiko and Woods get noms on the same week last year?

Hard for a defender. It's only really offensive players that get the spotlight (as we all know).

As well as Preston, I've been surprised CJ Mosley hasn't been on the sheet more than once. Guy seems to bring it every week.

Brown really had a great game, not even counting the important INT. I think he got a little too much credit early in the season when I thought he was getting routinely abused, but the last four or so games he has been getting better and better and he is playing very well for a rookie now. Great pick by Whaley so far.

Brown got abused in the 1st Quarter of the Bears game for a TD, where he completely fell down.

Basically after the 1st half of the Bears game, Preston Brown has been the best LB on the Bills and probably the AFC East. Dude is a beat.

Hard for a defender. It's only really offensive players that get the spotlight (as we all know).

As well as Preston, I've been surprised CJ Mosley hasn't been on the sheet more than once. Guy seems to bring it every week.

Anthony Barr is a man child. I've had the (dis)pleasure of watching too many Vikes game this year somehow, and every game (including the Bills) he made plays that were jaw dropping.

I don't think Preston Brown is ROY-Defense but he should be on the list.

CJ Mosely also walked in to Baltimore and looked like he had been there for 5 years.

Preston Brown gets over looked because he was a 3rd round pick but he should be on teh ROY-D list just not at the top right now.

The stats that are not shown are the ones most important.

Benjamin has dropped a lot of easy gimme passes and very clutch passes. The guy looks half Hines Ward or half Steve Johnson. Jekyl/Hyde.

I was impressed with benjamims ability to get open last night, but not so much with his hands. There were a couple less than perfect throws but still catchable balls that he dropped.