Damn, Rusty Jones is leaving...

Mike32282

Damn...bad day all around for strength coaches names Jones....

49ers | Jones Fired - from www.KFFL.com

Mon, 31 Jan 2005 14:04:56 -0800

Matt Maiocco, of the Santa Rosa Press Democrat, reports the San Francisco 49ers have fired strength development coordinator Terrell Jones.

your correct, something isn't right.......people are acting like this matters.......he won't be missed.........it's not like jerry gray just took another job.......

224444[/snapback]

Dude he was a solid addition to the Bills for many years .........this move smells like TD at work again. I predict another Pittsburgh connection on the way to the Buff as team trainer.

my first reaction to this when i first heard it ws WTF?

but....have the bills been a well conditioned team the past few years? not like during the early nineties. maybe jones has slipped a little and hasn't been doing the little things necessary to keep the players motivated to stay fit throughout the season AND offseason (ie. MW).

didn't we lose a lot of leads in the 4th quarter the past couple years? maybe TD felt that the way the players were being conditioned had something to do with this. anyway, it will be intersting to see if this roll guy takes over or if they bring in someone new.

Damn...bad day all around for strength coaches names Jones....

49ers | Jones Fired - from www.KFFL.com

Mon, 31 Jan 2005 14:04:56 -0800

Matt Maiocco, of the Santa Rosa Press Democrat, reports the San Francisco 49ers have fired strength development coordinator Terrell Jones.

224479[/snapback]

Maybe that's where Rusty is heading. Figure after 20 years in the snow and rust belt, he's ready for some Fishermans Wharf and Napa Valley.

It does strike me as a bit odd, yeah. It'll be interesting to see what happens as a result of this.

Maybe everyone's right & I'm just reading too far into things. But when Marv and Polian/Butler ran the show, our team always felt like a family and people were treated as such. Under TD, things have become too...corporate, for lack of a better word. I think our chemistry as an entire organization has suffered under the TD era. Under Marv, 11 years, 8 playoff appearances. Under TD, 4 years, no playoff appearances. Granted a relative oversimplification but there maybe something there.

I don't think it's fair to compare the two. Marv and BP didn't have to deal with free agency either, except the last few years. Today, you have to be somewhat cold and corporate to succeed.

Maybe everyone's right & I'm just reading too far into things.  But when Marv and Polian/Butler ran the show, our team always felt like a family and people were treated as such.  Under TD, things have become too...corporate, for lack of a better word.  I think our chemistry as an entire organization has suffered under the TD era.  Under Marv, 11 years, 8 playoff appearances.  Under TD, 4 years, no playoff appearances.    Granted a relative oversimplification but there maybe something there.

224554[/snapback]

Dude he was a solid addition to the Bills for many years .........this move smells like TD at work again. I predict another Pittsburgh connection on the way to the Buff as team trainer.

224501[/snapback]

dude, it's not going to effect how many wins we have next year......in the grand scheme of things, it's a very, very, very small move........as a result, i could care less what the real reason is.......all i care about is wins........

This just sounds to me, like a guy who was maybe being fazed out. It happens everywhere in the work world, no surprise that it would happen at One Bills Drive. I remember when Roll was braught in, and there was some quote from Rusty Jones about his new job with the team. He said something to the effect of "Well, I am not sure what all it will encompass at this point, we will see how it works out." I saw my Dad go through the same type thing at one of his jobs. He was "promoted" to a meaningless title, and left, likely like they wanted. They just didn't have the guts to fire him, because he was a "heart and soul" of the operation type.

I suspect Jones will end up with another team, maybe the Browns?

my first reaction to this when i first heard it ws WTF?

but....have the bills been a well conditioned team the past few years?  not like during the early nineties.  maybe jones has slipped a little and hasn't been doing the little things necessary to keep the players motivated to stay fit throughout the season AND offseason (ie. MW). 

didn't we lose a lot of leads in the 4th quarter the past couple years?  maybe TD felt that the way the players were being conditioned had something to do with this.    anyway, it will be intersting to see if this roll guy takes over or if they bring in someone new.

224517[/snapback]

odd my first reaction to reading the title of this thread was....on a jet plane, Don't know when I'll be back again...

Maybe everyone's right & I'm just reading too far into things.  But when Marv and Polian/Butler ran the show, our team always felt like a family and people were treated as such.  Under TD, things have become too...corporate, for lack of a better word.  I think our chemistry as an entire organization has suffered under the TD era.  Under Marv, 11 years, 8 playoff appearances.  Under TD, 4 years, no playoff appearances.    Granted a relative oversimplification but there maybe something there.

224554[/snapback]

I agree 100% - true, we have a salary cap. But TD is cold. I still miss Dwight Adams.

Charles

I do believe that Rusty will be missed, but he can be replaced. Rusty Jones never passed for a touchdown, ran for a first down, kicked a field goal or pinned the other team inside the 5 with a great punt. The Bills will be just fine

Good luck rusty, you've been a great help to this team

Jeff