Michael Vick's big mistake and the Buffalo Bills ??

HOUSE

Burying the lede here. The bigger story is another absolutely corrupt move by Revenue Roger Goodell. Tampering with the league to interfere with the Bills signing a free agent player (Vick coming out of prison). In hindsight this would have likely been bad--but it is absolutely tampering. On top of Spygate tape destruction/coverup and the Ray Rice fiasco Goodell is an absolute disaster from a PR / fan perspective. The owners love him because of money and that he's a puppet.

source on the Bills wanting him?

All we really have are a few comments made in Philadelphia and THIS article.

Considering Trent Edwards was the QB at the time, I would say the interest was likely

C'mon man. Orton would drink him under the table every day of the week. No contest. :beer:

For the record...I'm good with Orton.

I completely agree...Orton is pretty tough, I doubt Vick could have survived 13 sacks the last 2 games

source on the Bills wanting him?

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/6873181/michael-vick-says-philadelphia-eagles-were-not-first-choice

"I think I can say this now, because it's not going to hurt anybody's feelings, and it's the truth ... I didn't want to come to Philadelphia," Vick told the magazine. "Being the third-team quarterback is nothing to smile about. Cincinnati and Buffalo were better options."

I hate myself for talking about this scum, but the fact is, he chose the right team. The smart move for anyone in his shoes would be to choose the team with the worst starter - providing him with the best chance to start.

It happened and he blew it. Because ... HE SUCKS.

http://espn.go.com/n...ot-first-choice

"I think I can say this now, because it's not going to hurt anybody's feelings, and it's the truth ... I didn't want to come to Philadelphia," Vick told the magazine. "Being the third-team quarterback is nothing to smile about. Cincinnati and Buffalo were better options."

Yeah, but the same article quotes an NFL spokesman as saying the league office did not steer or guide Vick to the Eagles.

It would take a lot for me to denounce the Bills as my team, but signing Vick would have done it.

I have a hard enough time explaining to my son how a dog-killing dirtbag like Vick can do what he did and still make millions without trying to explain why we're rooting for him as well.

While it would open a can of worms, the NFL rules should be clear: if you get convicted of a crime that puts you behind bars, you should be banned from the NFL.

Since coming back in the league as a full time starter what is he? Actually, though. As a starter he is

58-48-1

Since his return he is 20-20

Look up your stats before spewing BS

Since his return he is thrown 57 TD's and 33 INT's

His 1 game this year he was 8 for 20 and 47 yards.

http://www.pro-footb.../V/VickMi00.htm

Orton's had 33 starts in that same time. 46 TD's. 32 TD's. Overall, he has a better comp% than Vick. Orton is a career 37-36 as a starter and guess what? He actually still plays and is just 3 years younger.

Tomorrow if you still need help I'll compare Fitz to Vick.

He's 60-51-1 counting his 5 playoff appearances, another thing most Bills qbs have no experience with. I don't see how posting his win-loss record constitutes BS.

He's 60-51-1 counting his 5 playoff appearances, another thing most Bills qbs have no experience with. I don't see how posting his win-loss record constitutes BS.

Show me a source for his 60-51 record as a starter. I gave you one. Until then you're wrong and its bs

http://www.footballdb.com/stats/qb-records.html

Shows combined records, with a separate tab for regular season only. Profootball reference only shows regular season, but you could add the 2-3 record to the 58-48-1 to get the same result.

In anycase, the point is that he has had a fairly successful career--certain more than the likes of Orton or Fitzpatrick. I agree with you guys that he looks to be just about done as a starter, but let's not trash the guy as if his whole career has been bad.

I don't know why goodell thought philly was a good spot for him. Learning and being mentored by Andy Reid and weirdo Mcnabb seemed like an odd choice.

I think goodell probably didn't want Vick to come back into a high pressure situation as a starter, but I am not sure why; it's not like bombing as a starter would drive Vick back to a life of dog fighting.

Edited by JR in Pittsburgh

It would take a lot for me to denounce the Bills as my team, but signing Vick would have done it.

I have a hard enough time explaining to my son how a dog-killing dirtbag like Vick can do what he did and still make millions without trying to explain why we're rooting for him as well.

While it would open a can of worms, the NFL rules should be clear: if you get convicted of a crime that puts you behind bars, you should be banned from the NFL.

I agree. Its a real puzzle to me that many here say they would be ashamed to be a Pats fan because they video taped a DCs hand signals, but would be happy to have a sadistic dog killer as there QB.