Hackett is bad, like very bad

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread has been going on and off since EJ took his first snap here.

I'm not a Hackett fan but this needs to be said: Since Levitre walked our offensive line has never been the same. It's hard to get into an offensive rhythm when your qb has 2 seconds to throw the ball and your RB's have very minimal holes to run through.

No matter how good you are as an OC, you can't compensate for a weak O line. Well, at least Hackett can't, and most coordinators in the league would probably be in the same boat with our team this year. EJ was better in the pocket but they didn't let him scramble and he isn't accurate. Orton is a statue but is a better passer. Pick your poison, it all starts with the big fellas.

DeMarco Murray and Romo didn't just decide to get better this year because they were sick of losing. They have a killer Oline and as a result they're playing lights out.

This thread has been going on and off since EJ took his first snap here.

I'm not a Hackett fan but this needs to be said: Since Levitre walked our offensive line has never been the same. It's hard to get into an offensive rhythm when your qb has 2 seconds to throw the ball and your RB's have very minimal holes to run through.

No matter how good you are as an OC, you can't compensate for a weak O line. Well, at least Hackett can't, and most coordinators in the league would probably be in the same boat with our team this year. EJ was better in the pocket but they didn't let him scramble and he isn't accurate. Orton is a statue but is a better passer. Pick your poison, it all starts with the big fellas.

DeMarco Murray and Romo didn't just decide to get better this year because they were sick of losing. They have a killer Oline and as a result they're playing lights out.

If u can separate the call from the actual execution, its pretty noticeable. He sometimes calls bad plays in bunches. Hes not the worse oc. However, he's barely average. (Being generous).

Will he improve or get worse?

Hey hackett just do everyone a favor. Copy whatever denver is doing. Dumb@

I loved the win!!!!!

But moving forward, Hackett will cost us games.

How the hell do you keep running your winded and exhausted #3 rb. Predictable ass

How the hell do you barely use the tight end when your top 2 rbs are out? This is when you use your tight end AT LEAST. If you will not use the tight end correctly like every other winning team, at least use the tight end position when your run game is dying. Chandler went 3 for 36 with a long of 24 (Great reception that long ball)

How the hell do you use Cj spiller as a power back? Now that he's injured, who knows what will happen. But if he was used correctly, he could be quality trade bait. Or forget the trade (Im so used to bills getting rid of quality players), at least we would have a rb with 100+ yards from scrimmage EVERY SINGLE FREAKIN game if used CORRECTLY. Dumb ass Hackett.

I actually like Marroon5 coach. Love Jims Schwartzanneger. I want Hackett gone.

This moron will cost us games. 2 times for emphasis.

Edit: I'm just distraught or worried since our offense is looking pretty anemic right now, when I feel it shouldnt be like that.

Anyone agree with me?

no, Dixon was fine and getting yards, get over it.

The pure raw emotional reaction to Hackett is breathtaking to watch.

I just find it hilarious that people fell hard for Gailey and his "amazing" offense, which put up almost identical stats to Hackett's. And that is with ONE QB: HIS chosen son Fitzpatrick who could NEVER be challenged as starter.

Meanwhile Hackett has had a steady rotation of EJ, Tuel, and Lewis, and now Orton.

But with Chan those exact same statistics were SO EXCITING!

lol

Spread baby! ... :rolleyes:

The people who say Hackett sucks are the same ones who used the, "Orton was benched for Tebow" logic. Uninformed.

The guy has done a good job. Perfect? No. But he isn't making these guys fumble.

Bills' offense is far better than it was before Hackett came along.

And I love the "370 yards of offense is normal now," argument. No it's not. It's just not.

Just like 1,000 yards rushing/season is the norm ... no, it's not.

Gugny, dont you know it is true because it was said once here? I agree 100% with you. I'm so sick of every drop, every badly executed play, every foul. It is all because of our coaches suck. The players need to execute. Period. Stop making excuses for the players making bad plays and drawing flags. What more can our coaches do to be sure they are executing like pros.

Also after they put in Urbik how long will it be before it was bad coaching because he sucks?

Marrone and Hackett have bragged that they have all kinds of different styles of offenses. The playbook has 500 plays. Every team in the league has spread plays and formations and 3-4-5 WR sets. They don't really have to change a thing except their stubborn insistence on forcing something that isn't working and doesn't have the players to do it and keeps good players on the bench. All they have to do is snap their fingers and that offense is in the game plan and they practice those plays all week, like, as Orton said after the game, they practiced the three TE play(s) all week.

See this is where I disagree, how can you say an offensive strategy isn't working when you have 2 fumbles inside the redzone and a total of 4 turnovers? In fact the Bills are 11th in the league in average trips to the redzone per game. Teams that are behind the Bills include, New England, Philadelphia, Dallas and Denver. The Offense is moving the ball. And they have almost 1 more trip per game than last year.

Just for the record he is experienced, he has a season and a half as a NFL OC and some time as a College OC.

you call that experience? i'm talking 20 years of experience like a Norv Turner or Mike Shanahan. with Pegula we can afford to get anyone we want. bye bye Hack-job

Gugny, dont you know it is true because it was said once here? I agree 100% with you. I'm so sick of every drop, every badly executed play, every foul. It is all because of our coaches suck. The players need to execute. Period. Stop making excuses for the players making bad plays and drawing flags. What more can our coaches do to be sure they are executing like pros.

It is the coaches' job to train players to execute the coaches' plays properly.

It is the coaches' job to teach players what will draw flags and what won't.

That is why they call them coaches and not just "play designers".

If it is the same player making the same mistakes week after week, then you can say it is a player talent problem. If it is different players making the mistakes week after week, then you can place more blame on the coaches not doing their jobs well enough. (In my opinion)

I don't think so. Because it gets both safeties out of the box, and it takes 1-2 linebackers off the field and replaced by CBs. Otherwise in 2 seconds you can kill the defense. It was what Chan did to mask the bad line. It's what EJ could probably not take advantage of, but plays right into Orton's biggest strength, which is dropping back and gunning the ball on a slant or out pattern and hitting him on the numbers. If they blitz, the veteran has a hot read or spot to hit the vacated area. If they rush four we have five guys against them. If they stay back, our skill guys need to beat their skill guys and I like our chances. We get swings and screens out into the open. It's high school stuff for the most part.

Im with you 100% on this. Perfectly stated

I agree with the OP, and think Hackett is in way over his head. Hackett failed miserably to properly develop EJ, and it showed.

Its an absolute great thing that Orton was there to help out in Hackett's recent pass happy offense. Mostly because Orton can read the defense and change the play at the line, and the play usually works despite the crap play called by Hackett.

Lets face it, the coaching on this team sucks. From way, way to many penalties. Bad player selection, and development for the O line. Bad play calls, game plans, scheme. This team is darn lucky to be 4-3 with 135 PF- 142 PA.

I agree with the OP, and think Hackett is in way over his head. Hackett failed miserably to properly develop EJ, and it showed.

Its an absolute great thing that Orton was there to help out in Hackett's recent pass happy offense. Mostly because Orton can read the defense and change the play at the line, and the play usually works despite the crap play called by Hackett.

Lets face it, the coaching on this team sucks. From way, way to many penalties. Bad player selection, and development for the O line. Bad play calls, game plans, scheme. This team is darn lucky to be 4-3 with 135 PF- 142 PA.

Ridiculous statement. You have no way of knowing what he has and hasn't changed at the line.

And they are soooooo terrible that they are 11th in RedZone trips per game, right? Ahead of New England, Dallas and Denver.

Edited by Wayne Cubed

It is the coaches' job to train players to execute the coaches' plays properly.

It is the coaches' job to teach players what will draw flags and what won't.

That is why they call them coaches and not just "play designers".

If it is the same player making the same mistakes week after week, then you can say it is a player talent problem. If it is different players making the mistakes week after week, then you can place more blame on the coaches not doing their jobs well enough. (In my opinion)

Well said +1

Can we name one player who has improved since Hackett became the OC? Isn't that one players are supposed to do? We are 27th in the NFL in scoring and the teams below us are the worst in NFL.

I'm sure he is a good dude but this offensive unit could be the sole reason we miss the playoffs.

There are really only about 5-6 different styles of offenses to run, in general terms. Do you think that the 2-3 TE, power running game offense is the best style to run with this particular collection of players we have on the Bills right now? Considering the TEs and RBs and WR and QB and OL?

And what is it that you suggest?

And to answer your question, yes. I think it does suit our outside skill players and our weakness upfront. I think it's also a brand of football that simply doesn't go out of style. It's a winning approach.

It's already been posted here, but I'll come right back and ask: do you think the offense is struggling to move the ball? If yes, how do you account for the statistics that show we're comfortably above average in that department?

In three games, the Orton-led offense--if not for fumbles, which have NOTHING to do with the OC--has failed to score a TD in the red zone ONCE.

So, while every armchair coach on this message board has a better grasp of our team's strengths than the coaches do, the only complains I've seen are how we're using our guys and playcalling (a critique that I've assailed for years, and will continue to since nobody outside the huddle or locker room knows which plays are called, which are audibled into or out of and where execution failures occur. Even the all-22 analyses surrender this knowledge gap, so spare me.)

So outside of play calling and player utilization, what's there to complain about? Production? Points? We've squared off against a top-10 practically every week this season, and rarely has the offense looked stymied. So what's the complaint?

I'll even help you out and tell you EXACTLY when/how our offense has stalled:

1. Penalties
  2. Sacks (OL breakdowns)
  3. Spiller taking negative yards trying to bounce
  4. Penalties
  5. Drops
  6. Penalties

Edited by The Big Cat

And to answer your question, yes. I think it does suit our outside skill players and our weakness upfront. I think it's also a brand of football that simply doesn't go out of style. It's a winning approach.

It's already been posted here, but I'll come right back and ask: do you think the offense is struggling to move the ball? If yes, how do you account for the statistics that show we're comfortably above average in that department?

In three games, the Orton-led offense--if not for fumbles, which have NOTHING to do with the OC--has failed to score a TD in the red zone ONCE.

So, while every armchair coach on this message board has a better grasp of our team's strengths than the coaches do, the only complains I've seen are how we're using our guys and playcalling (a critique that I've assailed for years, and will continue to since nobody outside the huddle or locker room knows which plays are called, which are audibled into or out of and where execution failures occur. Even the all-22 analyses surrender this knowledge gap, so spare me.)

So outside of play calling and player utilization, what's there to complain about? Production? Points? We've squared off against a top-10 practically every week this season, and rarely has the offense looked stymied. So what's the complaint?

I'll add it again, cause I agree with you. The Bills are 11th in average trips inside the redzone per game. They are ahead of New England, Dallas and Denver. They are almost a full trip more per game higher than last year. The offense is moving the ball, plain and simple.

The Vikes have given up 30, 28, and 42 points in games this year. The Pats have given up 33, 41, and 25 in games this year. We helped those defense lower their points per game average.

Why is it so crazy to think that maybe the guy who was a Syracuse OC for 2 years might be over his head? Not his fault for accepting the job but it's fair to call him out. Players are regressing.

I'll add it again, cause I agree with you. The Bills are 11th in average trips inside the redzone per game. They are ahead of New England, Dallas and Denver. They are almost a full trip more per game higher than last year. The offense is moving the ball, plain and simple.

Again, that's the knock on Orton. He's great at moving the ball between the 20s. Here are the teams we're ahead of in scoring: Jags, Raiders, Vikes, Jets, and Titans. We're not last!!!