Hackett is bad, like very bad

I loved the win!!!!!

But moving forward, Hackett will cost us games.

How the hell do you keep running your winded and exhausted #3 rb. Predictable ass

How the hell do you barely use the tight end when your top 2 rbs are out? This is when you use your tight end AT LEAST. If you will not use the tight end correctly like every other winning team, at least use the tight end position when your run game is dying. Chandler went 3 for 36 with a long of 24 (Great reception that long ball)

How the hell do you use Cj spiller as a power back? Now that he's injured, who knows what will happen. But if he was used correctly, he could be quality trade bait. Or forget the trade (Im so used to bills getting rid of quality players), at least we would have a rb with 100+ yards from scrimmage EVERY SINGLE FREAKIN game if used CORRECTLY. Dumb ass Hackett.

I actually like Marroon5 coach. Love Jims Schwartzanneger. I want Hackett gone.

This moron will cost us games. 2 times for emphasis.

Edit: I'm just distraught or worried since our offense is looking pretty anemic right now, when I feel it shouldnt be like that.

Anyone agree with me?

Edited by Clippers of Nfl

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People absolutely HATE Hackett, yet if WR hold onto the ball it's not even a game yesterday

So you think Hackett is a good coordinator then? The guy !@#$ing blows and the original poster is right, he is going to cost us games. Offensive play-caller is the most important game day position that is not on the field and Hackett sucks.

So you think Hackett is a good coordinator then? The guy !@#$ing blows and the original poster is right, he is going to cost us games. Offensive play-caller is the most important game day position that is not on the field and Hackett sucks.

And yet in 23 professional outings he's coached EJ Manuel, Jeff Tuel (consolation), Kyle Orton and Thad Lewis to victories.

The pure raw emotional reaction to Hackett is breathtaking to watch.

I just find it hilarious that people fell hard for Gailey and his "amazing" offense, which put up almost identical stats to Hackett's. And that is with ONE QB: HIS chosen son Fitzpatrick who could NEVER be challenged as starter.

Meanwhile Hackett has had a steady rotation of EJ, Tuel, and Lewis, and now Orton.

But with Chan those exact same statistics were SO EXCITING!

lol

Edited by TheFunPolice

I just find it hilarious that people fell hard for Gailey and his "amazing" offense, which put up almost identical stats to Hackett's.

lol

The most important point you're missing: we only managed 370+ yards against the 7th best defense. HELLO. He sucks.

I just find it hilarious that people fell hard for Gailey and his "amazing" offense, which put up almost identical stats to Hackett's.

lol

Let me stop you there. I never said Chan was good. Im saying Hackett is bad. Cuz he is.

I loved the win!!!!!

But moving forward, Hackett will cost us games.

How the hell do you keep running your winded and exhausted #3 rb. Predictable ass

How the hell do you barely use the tight end when your top 2 rbs are out? This is when you use your tight end AT LEAST. If you will not use the tight end correctly like every other winning team, at least use the tight end position when your run game is dying. Chandler went 3 for 36 with a long of 24 (Great reception that long ball)

How the hell do you use Cj spiller as a power back? Now that he's injured, who knows what will happen. But if he was used correctly, he could be quality trade bait. Or forget the trade (Im so used to bills getting rid of quality players), at least we would have a rb with 100+ yards from scrimmage EVERY SINGLE FREAKIN game if used CORRECTLY. Dumb ass Hackett.

I actually like Marroon5 coach. Love Jims Schwartzanneger. I want Hackett gone.

This moron will cost us games. 2 times for emphasis.

Edit: I'm just distraught or worried since our offense is looking pretty anemic right now, when I feel it shouldnt be like that.

Anyone agree with me?

While it's not all on him, you could build a compelling case that the offensive play calling has already cost us one game (Houston) if not two (NE).

The most important point you're missing: we only managed 370+ yards against the 7th best defense. HELLO. He sucks.

370 yards is normal now. Dbs almost have to let the wrs catch the ball or the flag will drop.

Using Cj correctly would be 3-4 screens per game. 3-4 slot receptions per game. 3-4 bunch wr formations (giving the ball to cj 1-2 times) Left sweeps 3-4 times per game. Right sweeps 3-4 times. Straight up the middle. MAXIMUM TWICE.

Power formation= ZERO.

It's not that hard. I guarantee Denver, San Diego, Philly, New orleans would be using him right. Please dont defend him

Since Orton took over, the offense has opened up a bit - we see more deep ball attempts. So I am not knowledgeable enough to say this is a sign of Hackett improving, but there's still a lot that's wrong, and it starts with the line. You can dial up any plays you like, but if the line isn't able to perform, you're not gonna have much success.

Hackett's play-calling is unimaginative and predictable. Hackett designs and calls plays not for the players he's got, but for the players he wishes he had. Witness keeping EJ in the pocket - he's not [yet] a pocket passes, and flashes of greatness we saw from EJ came when he was out of the pocket and improvising. Not much, but enough to make you wonder what an offense tailored to the skills available, and a little experience, would bring. The Bills O-line is crappy. Why build a game plan and call plays that require a good one to execute? Look around the NFL, there are other teams with less-than-impressive offensive lines and they call plays that place less emphasis on it to succeed.

... How the hell do you keep running your winded and exhausted #3 rb. Predictable ass ...

When your top two RBs get injured and your QB is getting his ass handed to him every other passing play, that's how.

GO BILLS!!!

The people who say Hackett sucks are the same ones who used the, "Orton was benched for Tebow" logic. Uninformed.

The guy has done a good job. Perfect? No. But he isn't making these guys fumble.

Bills' offense is far better than it was before Hackett came along.

And I love the "370 yards of offense is normal now," argument. No it's not. It's just not.

Just like 1,000 yards rushing/season is the norm ... no, it's not.

More than play-calling, it is the groupings, philosophy and system that is the bigger and more troubling problem.

This team's strengths are its 4-5 playmaking WRs, its 4 playmaking RBs, and now, its gunslinger veteran QB.

Its glaring weaknesses are its interior line, power running game, and TEs.

There are ten reasons to spread the field, put 3-4 WRs out there with 1-2 backs, scrap the 2-3 TE sets and let the veteran QB spread the ball around quickly.

There are ten reasons not to play 2-3 TEs, run up the middle, be conservative predictable, and keep a lot of your talent on the bench.

Furthermore, Hackett and Marrone are going to be rewarding themselves for bad behavior because, for example, the first TD to Watkins was a Three TE formation. And we won the game.

They will ignore that the play worked because they simply saw a single guy on Watkins and threw it to him deep because he beat the guy cleanly off the line, and that they won because they scrapped the stupid philosophy and let (were forced into) Orton winging it.

I stuck up for Hackett for a long time, not because I thought he was good, but because I thought no one could have succeeded in the situation he was put in last year. It wasn't fair to say he sucked.

In the first two games this year, and even in the two losses with EJ, it wasn't fair to simultaneously say that there were a dozen wide open plays on the field that weren't made by EJ and then say that the playcalling sucked.

But the line has gotten progressively worse. They stopped playing MWilliams. They increasingly play 2-3 TE sets. The other teams knowing this are increasingly tightening the box and blitzing, which we often don't even have hot reads for. And for three games in a row the offensive game plan and philosophy has been increasingly, glaringly bad. That is both Marrone and Hackett's fault, and it was abysmal yesterday.

I dont know if this is the right thread to put this in....but I have been thinking about it a lot over the past couple of week......

Spiller is explosive and fast....if he gets daylight he can take it to the house....but small and has poor vision in traffic to find the right running lane.

Fred Jackson is savvy....runs tough in traffic.....and has great field vision. But he is a lot slower then he used to be.....when he runs sideways he slows WAY down.

So if you had a back that was explosive, fast, had good field vision, the size to break a tackle.....and the ability to turn a small gain into a home run hitter...........would you have Bryce Brown? I dont know. I would like to think so.

Agreed. I have thought since last year that Hackett was not an offensive coordinator in the nfl. Actually when I heard he was with the team the year the bills fired Turk Shonert, I knew we were in trouble. We know how long he lasted. I am a fan of Marrone's no non-sense approach but Hackett needs to have a better gameplan or he may be the only one shown the door next year.