The Bills have the best Dline in the league

They're special. We should enjoy them while we have them.

This. I have a feeling we're going to have to decide between paying Dareus 12 mill a year and Hughes 10 mill a year. Either that or sign both and cut Mario.

This. I have a feeling we're going to have to decide between paying Dareus 12 mill a year and Hughes 10 mill a year. Either that or sign both and cut Mario.

I think if anyone gets cut to save cap room it's Mike Williams. We can keep all of the DL if we want to - and we should.

I think if anyone gets cut to save cap room it's Mike Williams. We can keep all of the DL if we want to - and we should.

He saves us little to no money. I think his contract for next year of 5.2m is fully guaranteed. We could save 1m by cutting him and not paying his roster bonus, but then we would need to sign another WR and still pay him 5.2 to not play.

He saves us little to no money. I think his contract for next year of 5.2m is fully guaranteed. We could save 1m by cutting him and not paying his roster bonus, but then we would need to sign another WR and still pay him 5.2 to not play.

Ah, I doubled checked on a different site and I guess I was misreading on the first site. Thanks.

There's no question about it. I have serious questions about the offense but we are loaded on the defensive line. They are the team MVPs. We need to lock up Jerry to Hughes money (stolen :) ).

Howard Hughes money?

Hard to argue this point, but too bad it's counterbalanced by the league's worst OL.

You would think our o-line would improve facing these guys everyday they practice, but evidently, that is not so.

Yep. We only have KW for so long.

Charles is looking like a worthy replacement

I'm almost positive I saw in another thread (back when his agent asked for the trade) that it only becomes guaranteed after a date next May. Making it up from memory, I want to say May 6th.

Point is, if so, we have some time to make that decision.

Edit: Did some searching and digging. Here it is.

His contract states "2015 Salary Guarantees on 3rd league day of 2015". Cutting him before then costs us $0 and no cap hit. We also could renegotiate the contract if we want to keep him.

So would that make it March?

I'm almost positive I saw in another thread (back when his agent asked for the trade) that it only becomes guaranteed after a date next May. Making it up from memory, I want to say May 6th.

Point is, if so, we have some time to make that decision.

Edit: Did some searching and digging. Here it is.

So would that make it March?

I think that is wrong. His roster bonus is what is due on the 3rd day. That is $1m and we would save that if he is cut, but still owe 5.2 salary and not have him. His salary of 5.2m looks like it is fully guaranteed.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/mike-williams/

That is the second place I saw 2015 salary fully guaranteed, but that said, it doesn't completely make sense, if 9.4 is guaranteed in the contract and that has already been paid.

Wounder how much better this defense would be if Kiko was out there? But then again injuries do happen and this team has been fairly healthy over the course of the year. So a major injury to a starter is always likely to happen.

It would make the defense a top 3 front seven imo. Spikes is one of the best in the league at what he does(run stop) and Kiko is an all-around stud. Bradham isn't too shabby either.

They are the best in football. I'm not sure how many teams ever have had all 4 of their starting D lineman be elite. Hopefully we can make the money work. Maybe Mario can restructure and free up a little cap space for Hughes. I love that we picked up the option on Dareus and have him locked up already next year. We need to keep them together because they can dominate the game.

@ChrisTrapasso: Hughes' current PRP is 11.0. That's 9th among 4-3 DEs, would be 14th among 3-4 OLBs. Only 7 edge defenders have more pressures than his 26.

@ChrisTrapasso: In fact, the only defensive front seven player with a higher PRP rating than Hughes in '13 was Lavonte David, and he rushed just 100 times.

@ChrisTrapasso: He's making some $$$ RT @JoeBuscaglia: Here's that Jerry Hughes spin move. The price of admission keeps going up. https://t.co/ubk2yXkruR