Has CJ Spiller played his last game as a Buffalo Bill?

YoloinOhio

CJ Spiller as a Buffalo Bill  

180 members have voted

1. 1. Has CJ Spiller played his last game as a Buffalo Bill?

• No, he will recover in time to return this season (Edit: Or postseason)
    • No, he will not come back this season but will be re-signed
    • No, he will choose not to opt out of his contract and will return in 2015
    • Yes, he will go on IR and sign elsewhere in offseason

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't imagine he will hit the jackpot based on his performance this year, which leads me to believe he may choose not to opt out of his contract. That way, if the Bills don't decide on their own to move him, he has another chance to rack up stats at a nice salary before trying to hit the FA jackpot.

Interesting question. He can't feel good about how he is being used, or how he has performed in Buffalo.

He is due $2.2 mil in base salary, plus $1.8 mil option bonus if he stays with the Bills. Will another team think enough of him to top that is the question.

If another team makes him a good offer I think he takes it. If there is no such offer, he stays with the Bills for the $4 mil and tries to put a resume together next season for when he hits the UFA market that Spring.

EDIT: I chose option 3, that he will not opt out. Mainly because based on his body of work to date, I don't think any other team will make him a big $$$ offer.

Edited by CodeMonkey

Interesting question. He can't feel good about how he is being used, or how he has performed in Buffalo.

He is due $2.2 mil in base salary, plus $1.8 mil option bonus if he stays with the Bills. Will another team think enough of him to top that is the question.

If another team makes him a good offer I think he takes it. If there is no such offer, he stays with the Bills for the $4 mil and tries to put a resume together next season for when he hits the UFA market that Spring.

EDIT: I chose option 3, that he will not opt out. Mainly because based on his body of work to date, I don't think any other team will make him a big $$$ offer.

He may take a 1 year with 1 year option deal at say Philly, New Orleans, or San Diego where he can showcase his talents.

Then see if he can squeak out a 3 year deal somewhere for decent money.

Current trajectory is 1 year more with the Bills then journeyman Fill in RB if he stays imo.

He may take a 1 year with 1 year option deal at say Philly, New Orleans, or San Diego where he can showcase his talents.

Then see if he can squeak out a 3 year deal somewhere for decent money.

Current trajectory is 1 year more with the Bills then journeyman Fill in RB if he stays imo.

If any of those teams match the $4 mil I can see that happening.

I doubt CJ's injury even happens on a grass surface.

All in all CJ is super lucky.

If it was a knee, ankle, hip he would be untouchable as a Free Agent; Even Shoulder or Elbow would hurt his value.

The fact that it is a collarbone may actually increase his Free Agent value. Its not a real concern for re-injury once it heals properly. Now he is going to be well rested and healed for 2015.

If any of those teams match the $4 mil I can see that happening.

If its a 2 Mil signing bonus and 1.5 contract with Drew Brees, Chip Kelly, or Philip Rivers its a better deal for him to showcase his talent, than being stuck with Hacket.

Edited by Why So Serious?

I think he stays for the final season. RB's aren't highly valued anymore and passing on $4M to play for a year somewhere else and a chance at a deal worth roughly about the same isn't smart.

Well, unless someone else pointed out earlier, the money is the same or at least close elsewhere and he can play for a team that would give him the chance to showcase his talents a year before hitting UFA.

Edited by CodeMonkey

Interesting fact about CJ: his one play yesterday raised his ypc from a measly 3.4 to a solid 4.2. Also, some may scoff at how such a big run unfairly inflates his ypc, but that play was basically a 3-point play. They made no other positive plays on that possession, so it was basically a point-scoring play. Those three points kept the Bills in the game.

Edited by dave mcbride

I said C and I think we should resign him. BUT what I think happens is that we lowball him and he accepts another lowball offer from a "contender" this off season.

His career has Reggie Bush written all over it. The team that drafted him had no idea how to use him effectively. Once he leaves and is used in the capacity that he SHOULD be used, he's extremely productive.

Yup, he's a third down back

I said C and I think we should resign him. BUT what I think happens is that we lowball him and he accepts another lowball offer from a "contender" this off season.

Yup, he's a third down back

Bush is more than a third down back. In the latter portion of his career, he's actually quietly had a good run as a semi-feature back. From 2011-13, he had three straight seasons of 1300-1500 yards from scrimmage and 7-8 TDs per season. http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BushRe00.htm

Bush is more than a third down back. In the latter portion of his career, he's actually quietly had a good run as a semi-feature back. From 2011-13, he had three straight seasons of 1300-1500 yards from scrimmage and 7-8 TDs per season. http://www.pro-footb.../B/BushRe00.htm

Bush is a great back in RBBC

Our pre-season favorite Joique Bell is the chain mover in that offense.

Spiller and Bush have many similarities in their game and will probably have a similar career trajectory. I don't think the Saints really shed too many tears over his departure.

Even if Spiller does well in Philly, I don't think the Bills would shed too many tears over his departure.

The ironic thing is he's been playing the last couple of weeks like he was trying not to get hurt, to keep his re-sale value up. So he breaks a long one, gets caught FROM BEHIND (geez how fast was that Viking) which probably surprised him, lands wrong, and now he's injured anyway.

Spiller might be back, but only if the numbers work for everyone. He loves Jackson but Fred might not be back either -- I love that guy but some RBs get old quick -- so if one half of a happy couple leaves the other probably will too.

Let's see how Brown does against the Jets. That's a tough intro for a RB -- running into the NJJ D-line which is quite good, behind our O-line which isn't. If Brown finds a way to excel in this situation, that will be a push in the back out the door for CJ.