What will they do about this horrid O-line?

Rubes

Seriously, after a few games it would seem that Richardson is not ready to be an NFL starter, Henderson is not ready to be an NFL starter, and Pears is not ready to be a starting OG. This is about as bad as I've seen the offensive line in years, and we've had some bad ones.

For the life of me I cannot understand why we don't move Pears back to RT, where he was at least serviceable, and put Urbik back in at LG, where he too was at least serviceable. I have no idea what they can do for the LG position, but Richardson is just not the answer, at least not right now.

I just don't understand it.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously, after a few games it would seem that Richardson is not ready to be an NFL starter, Henderson is not ready to be an NFL starter, and Pears is not ready to be a starting OG. This is about as bad as I've seen the offensive line in years, and we've had some bad ones.

For the life of me I cannot understand why we don't move Pears back to RT, where he was at least serviceable, and put Urbik back in at LG, where he too was at least serviceable. I have no idea what they can do for the LG position, but Richardson is just not the answer, at least not right now.

I just don't understand it.

Those moves make sense. Marrone is a stubborn SOB.

I'll reserve judgement on Urbik until after the season. If within a week after the final game you hear that Ubrik and surgery on his?? than that may explain why he hasn't played him at all. If he had to play her could, but maybe with on 1.5 arms, so they don't want anyone to know he has any type of injury. No knowledge about it, just a thought as to what the reason behind this could be going on. If that is the case, could still make the argument to cut him or IR him and bring in someone else. Maybe that will happen at the bye.

As concerned as I am about our pass protection,

For all the savvy intangibles Orton brings to the QB position, mobility isn't one of them. Hell, as an old, fat cripple, I'M more elusive in the pocket than he is. There were running holes today-which is a very good sign, CJ is a pathetic pass blocker and Booby isn't familiar yet with the p-protect. Finally, the Vikings blitzed a LOT today.

I'm not saying I'm not worried, but it's fixable

-sans Kyle's statue presence.

If Urbik and Hairston are healthy they are both average offensive lineman based on their track records. Pears and Henderson are clearly below average at this point. I'll take average over below average any day.Marrone is just too stubborn and prideful to admit his experiment has blown up in his face

The experiment is over. It is little wonder why both Cyril and Cryus were healthy scratches in the first weeks of the season. Go with Urbek and Pears on the right side and Williams back at LG when he's able. I really hate to say it, but maybe Incognito is worth the headache and distraction. I don't know, but this OL is very hard to watch. Can't trade Spiller for an OL either. Can we convert a DL to the OL? Can Darius play both ways? Just kidding,but this OL is pathetic.

This team is set at most positions going into next season, as long as we pay Dareus and Hughes. We need to draft OL in rounds 2 and 3.

Need to steal a FA away from someone else, even is we over pay. OL take a while to develop. We drafted three guys last year who may in inverse order of their draft rank be pretty good some day. Just not today against the Vikes.

At this point I'm now just appreciating the great experience our young Olinemen are getting in these games. Richardson and Henderson may never turn into great players, but if we can somehow squeak through this season successfully with them starting at G and T, we'll be going into next season with two REALLY young guys that have gotten significant time and valuable experience in the NFL already.

Henderson showed flashes of talent early in the season. I have faith that he can turn into a really solid RT after a full year of NFL experience. And if he does, that position is solidified for years.

The Bills have made their decision to start the young guys and pray those same young guys rally and get good. It is a serious risk. I wish they had an All Pro on the OL the coaches and linemen could lean on. But in the short it is not the QB or backs it is the line and it is painful to watch.

Regardless of how they turn out, I hope we can at least all agree that just because they're playing badly now doesn't mean they always will. There's definitely a learning curve for almost all rookie Olinemen. Even a lot of the "studs" that are picked in the top 10 struggle some or all of their rookie seasons.

If nothing else them getting all this experience is going to allow us to speed up the learning process and know what we really have in them much quicker than we'd know sitting them for a year or two.

Regardless of how they turn out, I hope we can at least all agree that just because they're playing badly now doesn't mean they always will. There's definitely a learning curve for almost all rookie Olinemen. Even a lot of the "studs" that are picked in the top 10 struggle some or all of their rookie seasons.

If nothing else them getting all this experience is going to allow us to speed up the learning process and know what we really have in them much quicker than we'd know sitting them for a year

good point... Richardson and henderson may turn out to be good players.. Can't blame Pears for being shoe horned into the Guard position. Just frustrating when you have two vets in Urbik and Hairston who are glued to the bench for no apparent reason Edited by Bocephuz

The experiment is over. It is little wonder why both Cyril and Cryus were healthy scratches in the first weeks of the season. Go with Urbek and Pears on the right side and Williams back at LG when he's able. I really hate to say it, but maybe Incognito is worth the headache and distraction. I don't know, but this OL is very hard to watch. Can't trade Spiller for an OL either. Can we convert a DL to the OL? Can Darius play both ways? Just kidding,but this OL is pathetic.

Need to steal a FA away from someone else, even is we over pay. OL take a while to develop. We drafted three guys last year who may in inverse order of their draft rank be pretty good some day. Just not today against the Vikes.

I hear you. But we have seen guards like Martin, Bitonio and Warford make an impact immediately.

Edited by Big C

Why do you want to bench Henderson all of a sudden? To me 90% of our troubles are the Gs. Sign incognito and start him with Urbik, problems solved. Then sign a backup center if you feel you need one.

Henderson has really been struggling of late. He may have started out okay, but his performance has really started tanking.