Hey, we won!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember a time when we said the difference between a playoff team or not was a team who made a couple plays to win close games. I guess that's not good enough anymore.

How many times have we been the vikes in this exact game? (that is a rhetorical question, but if I had to guess, I could think of 10 games off the top of my head). I will gladly take this.

I would also say there there is no such thing as an ugly win. They are uniquely beautiful, in the way that they cause the opposing team to freak out in special ways.

It was an ugly win, and frustrating all the way up until that last series.

Then it became exciting 4th down, 1st down.

5 seconds left, one play...TD Sammy

I never feel like this but the bar has been raised. This were wins we celebrated under Jauron. This SHOULD be a playoff team. We shouldn't have to rally to beat a terrible Vikes team.

Our talent is playoff caliber but out coaches, QB, and oline aren't. Those are real problems and to just ignore them because the Vikes are terrible is a mistake. George Freakin' Edwards shut us down. That's a major concern going forward.

I hate not being a homer anymore but we shouldn't be happy with this. This was one of the worst Ws I've experienced. This team shouldn't have to have victories like that. Expect more and stop settling.

How many times have we been the vikes in this exact game? (that is a rhetorical question, but if I had to guess, I could think of 10 games off the top of my head). I will gladly take this.

Just 10? ;)

This was an ugly win, sure. But it was a win! And I'll take every win with a smile.

This isn't CFB. A committee does not sit around and discuss whose wins were more impressive and whose loss was worse. It is w-l.

Agree 100% and it's a point I've made in the past. But there are real issues with this team. Our offense is brutal and Orton has hardly been an upgrade.

We should be a playoff team. We need to be much, much, much better. This feels like getting lucky with a fat chick. It's sex but you don't feel good about it. :)

Sorry it wasn't pretty. Say a couple of hail marys if you feel guilty about it.

Funny, when EJ won a lot of you were starting thread after thread about how EJ sucks. But when Orton sucks and we win you are all pissed if people feel like Orton isn't very good either and Hackett is still a terrible OC.

Try being consistent for once...QB play and OL were atrocious most the day today against a bad team. If it continues, and has for 3 weeks now, we won't win many more games. Its a problem, our offense is not very good and showing no signs of getting better.

Edited by Alphadawg7

Funny, when EJ won a lot of you were starting thread after thread about how EJ sucks. But when Orton sucks and we win you are all pissed if people feel like Orton isn't very good either and Hackett is still a terrible OC.

Try being consistent for once...QB play and OL were atrocious most the day today against a bad team. If it continues, and has for 3 weeks now, we won't win many more games. Its a problem, our offense is not very good and showing no signs of getting better.

That last drive must have been a heart breaker for you.