10/17: Kim Pegula on 98.5 Kiss

Psychology tends to say otherwise. Emotional decision making, etc... Speaking in strict generalities.

Personally, I've had a couple wonderful female managers and a couple incapable, emotional, indecisive women masquerading as management.

Kim seems capable and very nice, though I hardly know enough about her background to comment one way or the other.

Men can be much more suspect on making emotional decisions

Psychology tends to say otherwise. Emotional decision making, etc... Speaking in strict generalities.

Personally, I've had a couple wonderful female managers and a couple incapable, emotional, indecisive women masquerading as management.

Kim seems capable and very nice, though I hardly know enough about her background to comment one way or the other.

Published study says otherwise to your psychology.

http://www.degroote.mcmaster.ca/articles/women-make-better-decisions-than-men/

Thanks for the link 26CornerBlitz.

After listening to her it is apparent that she asked to Terry to acquire more cash just in case the team came up for sale, and it did. I get the distinct impression that the Bills will be her baby.

She has had input with the Sabres in marketing, management and in the business side. While Terry has been more involved in the player, coaching side of things.

While she said the Pegula family are football fans, and she said they are watching college football games on Saturday, and NFL games on Sunday, Monday,and Thursday. I got the impression she watches football while Terry watches hockey. She also said they lived in Buffalo in the 90's, and didn't realize the fans fear of the team leaving was so strong until they were in the process of buying the team. Sounds like the family hasn't been clued into the 14 years of losing.

I think the Bills are in great hands, and these owners won't be meddling in the draft process, player acquisition or day to day football side of operations.

This next part is just from my perspective in that they have stated they will hire a very knowledgeable consultant, and proceed from there. Then I'm thinking they will hire a president of football operations to oversee the football side. In any event current GM will soon no longer report to Russ Brandon, and will report directly to Kim Pegula. Awesome stuff.

Thanks for the link 26CornerBlitz.

After listening to her it is apparent that she asked to Terry to acquire more cash just in case the team came up for sale, and it did. I get the distinct impression that the Bills will be her baby.

She has had input with the Sabres in marketing, management and in the business side. While Terry has been more involved in the player, coaching side of things.

While she said the Pegula family are football fans, and she said they are watching college football games on Saturday, and NFL games on Sunday, Monday,and Thursday. I got the impression she watches football while Terry watches hockey. She also said they lived in Buffalo in the 90's, and didn't realize the fans fear of the team leaving was so strong until they were in the process of buying the team. Sounds like the family hasn't been clued into the 14 years of losing.

I think the Bills are in great hands, and these owners won't be meddling in the draft process, player acquisition or day to day football side of operations.

This next part is just from my perspective in that they have stated they will hire a very knowledgeable consultant, and proceed from there. Then I'm thinking they will hire a president of football operations to oversee the football side. In any event current GM will soon no longer report to Russ Brandon, and will report directly to Kim Pegula. Awesome stuff.

You're welcome. Great summary by you.

Kim Pegula: “Our Heart is in Buffalo”

In her first interview since becoming a co-owner of the Bills, Kim Pegula was a guest on KISS 98.5 on Friday morning with Janet Snyder and Nicholas Pickolas.

kim-pegula-blog.jpg?w=588&h=407

I didn't get that hockey/football thing, but I am at work, so wasn't listening intently. To me it sounded like they just watch different games, so they are in different rooms. Now this is obviously before they bought the Bills, so my guess would be he watched the Lions in one room and she watched the Bills in another. But like I said, that's just a guess.

I didn't get that hockey/football thing, but I am at work, so wasn't listening intently. To me it sounded like they just watch different games, so they are in different rooms. Now this is obviously before they bought the Bills, so my guess would be he watched the Lions in one room and she watched the Bills in another. But like I said, that's just a guess.

That could very well be. I'm just guessing also after reading both their respective bios that said Terry had Sabres season tickets for a long while they lived in Buffalo, and didn't say anything about owning Bills season tickets. I do understand that he was a Detroit Lions fan growing up when he lived in Detroit.

One could also infer that since they weren't aware of the fans fear of losing the team, and weren't really tuned into the past 14 years of losing history. Then she might not have been watching the Bills. Unless of course they are talking about recently, and that Buffalo at Detroit game.

Either way, no matter as Kim will be the new CEO of the Buffalo Bills.

2. Kim Pegula will be making decisions

Tim Graham of the Buffalo News has reported that Kim Pegula was the driving force behind the Pegulas purchasing the Buffalo Bills in many ways. Graham also said she will be making executive decisions when it comes to the Bills.

How much of a boost would it be for NFL's image right now to add a minority, female owner who will make executive decisions? (Kim Pegula)— Tim Graham (@ByTimGraham)

And in that same link :

3. The Sabres are Terry Pegula's passion project

Good stuff for Buffalo fans :P

EDIT for link http://www.syracuse....bio_who_is.html

Edited by FeartheLosing

I know this might be an unpopular opinion (I personally believe in it)

Often times....women make the best managers. I feel pretty good about the team being in Kim's hands.

Not unpopular with me. It's very often true. It's often false as well, but don't underestimate women in a position of power. The higher up you go the better the odds you'll find success. The wife of the billionaire is pretty high up there. She's no wall flower, she's very competent all on her own.

i'm glad they asked kim why she wasn't on stage with terry and russ during the presser. too bad they cut her off without hearing the full answer.

I wondered that too...

It was all "I" when Terry was talking when it was reported that they were both 50% owners and she would play a huge role.

Either way, Russ is done playing owner, that is for sure.

I had the pleasure of meeting Kim last weekend. I cannot say enough good things about her. In a nutshell, we are very lucky to have Kim and Terry as owners of the Bills and Sabres. We also are very fortunate that they have so much passion about Buffalo.