Brandon: Continuity the No. 1 variable

Brandon: Continuity the No. 1 variable

Bills President Russ Brandon made his weekly appearance on flagship station WGR Sportsradio 550 and was asked about working in collaboration with new owners Kim and Terry Pegula moving forward. He was also asked about his take on what caters to team success over the long haul and reiterated some of his comments from when he was handed day-to-day control of the team back in 2013.

“Obviously with owners like Terry and Kim it can only be a major positive not only for our brand, but also in NFL circles. What they’ve done with the Sabres and the profile that they’ve added has been tremendous. We’ll look to add that here also,” said Brandon. “One of the ways you don’t in this league is since 1998 we’ve had seven head coaches, nine offensive coordinators, seven defensive coordinators and six general managers. That is not a formula for winning. Continuity is the number one variable when it comes to winning in this league and we need to have that as we move forward.”

10-15: RUSS BRANDON ON WGR (19:14)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Continuity simply for the sake of fearing change is NOT a recipe for success in today's NFL. Having said that, constant turnover can only frustrate the players and squash development of young talent. IMO, Marrone will need to fire Hackett and promote Hostler to OC while either Hostler or Marrone call the Offensive plays, or Marrone will be given an ultimatum to make the playoffs or lose his job....I like Marrone, but Offensive play calling and coaching the young players has become problematic in less than two seasons...that is a change that needs to happen immediately! This season is still very much up for grabs and if the Offensive woes can be turned around, this team is a playoff caliber team in terms of talent, and certainly production on Defense and STs...Offense is directly on Marrone's shoulders, and something needs to change before it's too late...

unless it is the direction the Pegulas have decided to go in and this is Russ starting to plant seeds and spread the word

I agree with continuity... but if you are going to be true to that, you better make darn sure it is the right management.... which I'm not too confident we have. If Accorsi or Wolf say all is well and we need continuity, Ill believe them.

Edited by May Day 10

I mean the guy has a point. Everyone wants to burn whaley for missing on EJ but there are several GM's who have missed on their first "franchise QB" of choice. If you look at the overall picture, Whaley has done a fantastic job of building our roster depth, specifically at the DL, WR, LB and CB positions. Jerry Hughes, Keith Rivers, Kiko Alonso etc are all very solid things hes done in his short time as the guy in charge.

Ozzie Newsome: Kyle Boller/Joe Flacco

John Schneider: Charlie Whitehurst/Russel Wilson

Howie Roseman: Michael Vick/ NIck Foles

Rick Speilman: Christian Ponder/ Teddy Bridgewater

Jeff Ireland: Chad Henne/Matt Moore/ Ryan Tannehill.

russ said EJ was Buddy's choice, but whaley and monos had plenty of input.

buddy came to russ immediately after the draft and said it was time foor him to take on another role. which russ said totally caught him off guard.

I just dont trust anything that comes out of OBD, namely Brandon. SOP for years is to blame the guy out the door. I dont think I believe that Nix leaving was so unexpected. I suspect he lingered just to keep the accountability if things didnt work out with EJ. The funny thing is the rest of that draft was so good...