Will Minnesota be a Trap Game? - Will the Patriots beat the Bills 3 ti

1B4IDie

Will Minnesota be a Trap Game? - Will the Patriots beat the Bills 3 times?

I really hope the sad sacks on this board are not representative of the Buffalo Bills mood. The Bills lost to the Patriots. Get over it. In the words of Bellicheat "We're on to Minnesota"

This is really looking like a trap game to me. On paper the Bills should smash the Vikings at home but they won't if they are still thinking about the Patriots.

For the media guys that watch this board, Can someone from the media ask Marrone, Orton, and Kyle Williams. "Will you let the Patriots beat you again this week; are you focused on Minnesota?"

Its kind of richardhead question but think of it as helping the team focus. Its like a chin check jab, are they actually there and focused on Week7?

Do you see anything from the team that makes you worried about their focus? Listening to Eric Wood on WGR on tuesday he personally seemed still focused on the Patriots. Even though the questions were around the Pats game, there was very little talk about Minnesota as compared to most weeks.

Mods,

I thought the discussion of a trap game and the team's attitude this week could be a separate thread. If you want to consolidate with the new Week7 thread please proceed.

Edited by Why So Serious?

I really hope the sad sacks on this board are not representative of the Buffalo Bills mood. The Bills lost to the Patriots. Get over it. In the words of Bellicheat "We're on to Minnesota"

This is really looking like a trap game to me. On paper the Bills should smash the Vikings at home but they won't if they are still thinking about the Patriots.

For the media guys that watch this board, Can someone from the media ask Marrone, Orton, and Kyle Williams. "Will you let the Patriots beat you again this week; are you focused on Minnesota?"

Its kind of richardhead question but think of it as helping the team focus. Its like a chin check jab, are they actually there and focused on Week7?

Do you see anything from the team that makes you worried about their focus? Listening to Eric Wood on WGR on tuesday he personally seemed still focused on the Patriots. Even though the questions were around the Pats game, there was very little talk about Minnesota as compared to most weeks.

Mods,

I thought the discussion of a trap game and the team's attitude this week could be a separate thread. If you want to consolidate with the new Week7 thread please proceed.

The players might be officially done with Marrone because of what happened in the Pats game. There's a chance they no longer respect him as a head coach. If that's the case, he'll never get that back. This Viking game just might be the beginning of the end.

I thought a trap game came after a big win. Like - the Browns finally beat the Steelers, who suck, but whatev. They are excited. They finally are being taken seriously. Now they go on the road to the winless, but not terrible, Jags, who have a good QB and offense to face the Browns hapless D. Isn't that a trap game?

Edited by YoloinOhio

It's a trap game if the Bills are looking ahead to their NEXT game, against the Jets, and failing to prepare adequately for this week's game.

If I'm the Vikings, I'm looking at this week's game as a chance to get the season back on its rails by beating an inconsistent opponent at their house. The Bills are probably figuring they're going to reel off six straight wins (MN, NJJ, KC after our bye, Miami, NJJ again, and Cleveland) which they have the talent to do, but how many times have we seen this movie before? They could be 9-3 after all that, but more likely they'll be 5-7, and Marrone (or at least Hackett) will be replaced.

I would say a trap game is when you still have a legitimate shot at the playoffs and you lose to a team that you are better than/should have beaten. Whether it happens because you over-looked that team or are still upset over losing the last game, either way. And I would say this can definitely be a trap game especially if Teddy Bridgewater plays more like he did against the Falcons and less like he did against the Lions.

Minny is not as bad as people think. Beat st louis, lose to the pats, new orleans, packers and lions and beat the falcons. It's not like they're getting smoked by bad teams. This is going to be a tough game and our defense better step up and get after teddy

So it's a trap game because the Bills are looking past the Vikings to....last week's game?

Even if trap games were a real thing, this would be a new definition for it.

I think a team focusing on a previous loss instead of the current opponent is a real issue.

What should that be called?

Are the Bills doing that this week. All the talk by the players that I'm reading and hearing is looking back and not forward.

The team should be focused on Minnesota.

This game should be a win. An AP-less Minnesota iteam isn't a garbage team but the Bills are clearly better especially at home, especially after beating two better NFC North teams.

I think a team focusing on a previous loss instead of the current opponent is a real issue.

What should that be called?

A poorly coached team...

I would see this as a "trap game" if the Bills were 5-1 and the Vikings were 1-5.

By all rights, this is a game that the Bills should win. Now they must go out and prove that.

Nah....still no such thing...

I dont think you know what a trap game actually is

trap games are games that are sandwiched between two big games or come before a huge game with the team possibly looking ahead past their current opponent

Mods,

I think normally a trap game comes after a team is flying high off of a win and has a weak opponent next followed by a really good opponent/rivalry. After losing to the Pats, I doubt we're overlooking the Vikings. Frankly, for the past 20yrs the Bills should never have had a trap game.

What makes anyone think the Bills are a lock to beat anyone? I don't recall the Bills being a juggernaut that you could easily pick who they would beat. There is NO team in the NFL that the Bills are a lock against.

Sundays game against the Cheaters was the trap game.

What makes anyone think the Bills are a lock to beat anyone? I don't recall the Bills being a juggernaut that you could easily pick who they would beat. There is NO team in the NFL that the Bills are a lock against.

trolling for friends are you?

no one? ummm I could think of a few

Jaguars, Raiders, Redskins, Tampa, NYETS, Falcons (in Buffalo) [blasted Toronto series] and Rams.

There is no such thing as a trap game if the words Buffalo Bills are involved. If the defense plays well, the defense sucks. If the offense plays well, the defense sucks. If the offense and defense play well, special teams will have surely cost them the game.

Trap game? For the Buffalo Bills? Now THAT is funny