incomplete pass = first down?

peterpan

In the 4th Q, right after the 2 point conversion that put the Bills down 8. On the Pats very next drive…..

Brady throws a short pass to Edlemen, which he catches and then drops due to good coverage. The play-side line judge blew his whistle and signaled incomplete pass. I thought it was a fumble the Bills recovered, so did half of my section.

So I look up and watch the replay on the big board. Its very close, could be incomplete or could be a fumble. I turn back to the field and they are moving the chains for a Pats* first down….

What the heck happened? Anyone watching on TV care to explain? I had friends at the game in another section, they said their entire section didn’t know how an incomplete pass could lead to a first down either……

is this the one where Hughes brought the ball to the end zone? Or another play. I was too pissed to notice other infractions by the refs

forearm hit ground ball came out. the ground can't cause a fumble,

Or maybe one where his knee hit the ground before the fumble?

sorry that's all I have

is this the one where Hughes brought the ball to the end zone? Or another play. I was too pissed to notice other infractions by the refs

sorry that's all I have

sorry that's all I have

No, different play.

There was a penalty called on the play, so even if it was a fumble it wouldn't have mattered

What was the penalty? I didn't see any flags on the field and the ref sure didn't announce it over the PA system, like they do for every other penalty ever called.

There was a penalty called on the play, so even if it was a fumble it wouldn't have mattered

This^^

There was a penalty against the Bills on that play that gave the Pats the first down. I was wondering WTF? also, till the guy next to me pointed out that there was a penalty.

No, different play.

What was the penalty? I didn't see any flags on the field and the ref sure didn't announce it over the PA system, like they do for every other penalty ever called.

Bump. I noticed this too and was going ape-**** at the bar (no sound though). I also thought something similar happened last game but chalked it up to bad TV or late camera action. IF you were at the game and noticed it, then I can't blame that.

It may have been an offsides call but I could be wrong. I thought it was odd too that they marked off the yardage so fast and also did not see the ref signal what the penalty was. But the guy next to me at the game did actually see the flag.

I am calling BS.

Not that there wasn't a flag, but the fact that it was so hush-hush after such a huge play, that could have won the game for the Bills, is a bit fishy.

It makes me think there wasn't any infraction, the zebras just knew they had to do something to ensure a Pats* win, sop they did.

I am calling BS.

Not that there wasn't a flag, but the fact that it was so hush-hush after such a huge play, that could have won the game for the Bills, is a bit fishy.

It makes me think there wasn't any infraction, the zebras just knew they had to do something to ensure a Pats* win, sop they did.

If that was the case then the Bills sideline would have been going Apeshit. They would have insisted that they be told what the infraction was. They must have been told. Otherwise this would be national news by now.

I think it was just poor officiating by not following normal protocol and rushing the spot.

Edited by PolishDave

as usual the crappy announcers didnt pick up on it.

that was a huge penalty. all we heard on tv was the vague sound of a referee talking behind the endless drivel of the announcers who had no clue what was happening on the field.

maybe they penalized us because we didn't have our Myra Kraft patches on properly.

It may have been an offsides call but I could be wrong. I thought it was odd too that they marked off the yardage so fast and also did not see the ref signal what the penalty was. But the guy next to me at the game did actually see the flag.

This puzzled the heck out of me and really bothered me all night. I have game rewind and found the play this morning. You are correct there is an offsides penalty on Wynn. The flag is thrown immediately after the snap, and it was announced on the game replay as offsides. I never heard it called out while at the game though.

If that was the case then the Bills sideline would have been going Apeshit. They would have insisted that they be told what the infraction was. They must have been told. Otherwise this would be national news by now.

I think it was just poor officiating by not following normal protocol and rushing the spot.

Not necessarily. At least not Marrone. Have you heard his pressers? Never heard a coach p****** out more when he has a chance to call out officiating that directly affected the outcome of the biggest game of his life. Even mentioned the fact that he wouldn't want to say anything that would get him fined. How much does he make per year? Call those sh*t refs out and Goodell for letting them suck so bad and show your team you actually give a sh*t

If there was a penalty, then why the Ball not moved 5 yards forwards and then it would be 1st and 5?

My opinion is the refs just screwed up.

It was 2nd and 2, offisides = 5 yards and first down. There is the flag at the refs feet. Trust me nobody in the stadium knew what happened, it just seemed like they rushed the chains without explanation.

1zqdlad.png

Edited by muffmonster

In the 4th Q, right after the 2 point conversion that put the Bills down 8. On the Pats very next drive…..

Brady throws a short pass to Edlemen, which he catches and then drops due to good coverage. The play-side line judge blew his whistle and signaled incomplete pass. I thought it was a fumble the Bills recovered, so did half of my section.

So I look up and watch the replay on the big board. Its very close, could be incomplete or could be a fumble. I turn back to the field and they are moving the chains for a Pats* first down….

What the heck happened? Anyone watching on TV care to explain? I had friends at the game in another section, they said their entire section didn’t know how an incomplete pass could lead to a first down either……

That was the phantom offsides play on Jarius Wynn. He flinched but never entered the neutral zone. Edelman took three steps and it should have been a fumble recovered by the Bills. With the penalty, no challenge, and 1st down Cheats.