2 Stats that Amazed me Today

billsfan714

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1-Chandlers 100 yards receiving was the first by a Bills TE since 1992.....22 friggin years since that has happened

2. Freddy's rushing TD was the first by a Bills RB this season, and it only took until week 6!!!!

The second isnt surprising to me because our run game is terrible. Were not breaking long runs which are required for rushing touchdowns, or you need the ball to be downed at the 1-2 yard line. Even when we do get to the 1-2 yard line our rushing is so bad we never make any push and end up throwing in the endzone. Our RBs have scored plenty of touchdowns though but not on rushes.

The second isnt surprising to me because our run game is terrible. Were not breaking long runs which are required for rushing touchdowns, or you need the ball to be downed at the 1-2 yard line. Even when we do get to the 1-2 yard line our rushing is so bad we never make any push and end up throwing in the endzone. Our RBs have scored plenty of touchdowns though but not on rushes.

Forget the factthat we line up in a shotgun in short yardage situations does not help either. How can Brady do a qb sneak at will for 1st downs it seems when out two qbs do not attempt it?

The Patriots scored 16 points off of three Bills Turnovers. The Bills lost by 15.

This is a fact that drives me absolutely crazy. You cannot do that as frequently as the Bills do and EVER be better than a .500 team.

You will beat bad teams or perhaps catch a good team loafing, but a team on its game will have you for lunch every time, if you are buying!

O yea because Torrell Troup has filled such a nessecary hole in our front 4.

Every team has busts in top couple rounds. DT was a necessity that has been filled instead by Dareus aka a draft pick after Torrell. That said TE has been a lower priority as higher needs have been present. Going into next year a Right Guard has to be a high priority and depending on Manuel's progress at practice a QB may also be in line as well. On D, help on the secondary may be in line. Those holes may take priority over a TE next year.

It could be that the team has so many holes on it that using a pick on a TE, especially when they are very risky picks at the top of the draft, and that some of the better TE's came in the late rounds or were undrafted. Thus, the brass at OBD have deemed that they can do alright with late picks or FA's, as most other franchises have done in said period.

Never said at the top of the draft. How bout in the second or third round though? At least see if some basketball players want to try out!

1st :Davis, Gonzo, Rudolph, Heath Miller and Gresham

2nd: Gronk, Witten, Bennett, Ertz

3rd: Graham, Reed, Allen

The list above are some of the top TE's. That's a lot of talent and the Bills have had shots at most of them. When you have an impact TE it always gives the offense an advantage. Why the Bills haven't caught on in 20 years is beyond me. Hopefully this changes becasue drafting RBs ,Secondary or reaching for project QBs hasn't worked.

Ortan was preasured all day. Runners had no blocking. DB's didn't turn their heads on long passes. The one penalty hit the defender in the helmet. Those are all basic things we lacked. How does a new line for NE look good? It's the coaching. I think Marrone will be a good coach. He needs a little more time. A third year at least.

John, if you consistently have a line that can't protect the QB, you end up keep the TE in for blocking more, meaning the need for a receiving TE is diminished.

Are you saying that every team that has a good TE has a good Oline? 2 TE sets are pretty common which again, creates mismatches and opens up play action.

I would also ask, how does drafting RBs, Secondary and especially project Qbs help a leaky Oline?

For some reason the Bill's various regimes have not made a TE a priority during the drafts. Last time we took a TE before the 4th round was 05 (Kevin Everett) and before that, 1994 (Lonnie Johnson). There's been a few good ones too. Not sure why they undervalue the most versatile position on offense.

Sorry to have to correct you, but I believe it's "friggin' Lonnie Johnson!"

It's almost like Ralph directed that the team would never use another high pick on a TE after Tony Hunter was a bust from the 1983 draft. Remember 2010: Torrel Troup (remember him?) taken before Gronk!

Yes, and an inept OC who engineered multiple 3 and outs by having zero capacity to gameplan or get the ball to our playmakers. Unforgivable.

Add to that, a stubborn Defensive Coach who refuses to blitz even when the normal vanilla defense is "obviously" not working! DO SOMETHING DIFFERENT!

This is a fact that drives me absolutely crazy. You cannot do that as frequently as the Bills do and EVER be better than a .500 team.

You will beat bad teams or perhaps catch a good team loafing, but a team on its game will have you for lunch every time, if you are buying!

The Bills were tied with the Pats for 1st in turnover +/- at +6 going into yesterday's game so it hadn't been that big of a problem before yesterday.

Sorry to have to correct you, but I believe it's "friggin' Lonnie Johnson!"

It's almost like Ralph directed that the team would never use another high pick on a TE after Tony Hunter was a bust from the 1983 draft. Remember 2010: Torrel Troup (remember him?) taken before Gronk!

I wouldn't doubt it. That draft was an effing disaster. Nix started the "rebuild" with players we didn't need with the first two picks! Keep that turd away from the new regime please.

I wouldn't doubt it. That draft was an effing disaster. Nix started the "rebuild" with players we didn't need with the first two picks! Keep that turd away from the new regime please.

He was at the game yesterday--I saw him on the sidelines pre-game. Maybe just visiting to see his handiwork....