Official Hackett can't target Sammy thread

JohninMinn.

Bye Bye Doug Marrone. This was your one shot to show that you belong at the grown ups table and you failed miserably. I can not wait till the new owner brings in a real NFL head coach.

This team spent two first round picks on Sammy Watkins and they did not use him in the first half against their biggest rival? Not only that, this entire team was not ready to play today in the biggest game in the last 10 years against the one divisional team that has used them like toilet paper for more than a decade. This isn't on Hackett, this horrific loss goes to the head of this stinking fish of a team. I'd immediately fire Doug and promote Swartz if I were Pegula.

That in itself is the problem....it's a fine thought but we had one tight end capable of this, and the running game wasn't doing enough. So that's where getting the ball into the big time playmaker's hands has to be part of the gameplan as well, when you are behind and you don't have the luxury of continuing the gameplan that you mentioned. When you give up as much as they did for Watkins, you expect him to get the ball against your biggest rival in the biggest games

Guys, the gameplan was to target the TE and power run. It was working, if not for some mistakes.

Power run? Are you kidding me? Hackett is not a NFL OC. Period. He has no idea how to use his playmakers. NE has no names everywhere and makes plays. We bunch up the line and run up the middle...over and over. Hackett has to go.

Power run? Are you kidding me? Hackett is not a NFL OC. Period. He has no idea how to use his playmakers. NE has no names everywhere and makes plays. We bunch up the line and run up the middle...over and over. Hackett has to go.

Running up the middle was working today, if we didn't get so far behind...

Thank God, someone gets it.

The whole idea of Hackett being some type of Wunderkind, some sort of prodigy, given his background, was highly intoxicating initially.

The reality is he is just a dumb kid in way over his head.

Oh well, good try.

Next!

The very fact that people are debating the merits of Hackett is proof, in my opinion, that he doesn't have it. Ditto for EJ.

These sorts of bitter disputes simply don't exist regarding true high quality and talent.

How many of those "EJ is good/EJ is bad" threads have existed on Patriots forums over the last decade regarding Tom Brady?

Oh that's right, zero. That's b/c he's high quality and everyone can see that.

EJ? Hackett? Marrone? Blah.

Next!

The very fact that people are debating the merits of Hackett is proof, in my opinion, that he doesn't have it. Ditto for EJ.

These sorts of bitter disputes simply don't exist regarding true high quality and talent.

How many of those "EJ is good/EJ is bad" threads have existed on Patriots forums over the last decade regarding Tom Brady?

Oh that's right, zero. That's b/c he's high quality and everyone can see that.

EJ? Hackett? Marrone? Blah.

Next!

No reason to throw EJ under the bus because he didn't play. Marrone and Hackett got their chance with Orton and blew it today. They had their two 1st rd picks price tag Watkins and decided to not throw him the ball against Belichick. They're in over their heads and it sucks that Manuel was ever coached by them to begin with.

i'm guessing marrone does the right thing and hurls lil' nate under the bus to save his own ass.

the bolded part is what really burns. i'm so tired of watching no-name players have career days against the bills. it's infuriating and predictable.