TNF: Colts at Texans - 8:25 PM EDT on CBS and NFLN

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Unbelievable, isn't it? He was in the best spot to get it, even over the two colts who ended up with it.

I think he thought it was a forward pass. Only explanation. It's still a dumb play, but less egregious than not caring.

Although, he did slow down right before they jumped on it. I don't know.

Edited by FireChan

I think he thought it was a forward pass. Only explanation. It's still a dumb play, but less egregious than not caring.

Although, he did slow down right before they jumped on it. I don't know.

Yeah, tough to say. I am sure he will be questioned about it. Seemed like he saw the fumble, approached it, and--to give him the benefit of the doubt-- maybe was just trying to size up how the ball was going to bounce? It looks like he chickened out.

Both times that he pulled it down there was a leaping defender in the passing lane. That's Fitz. In the clutch it is 50% probable that he screws up. It seems like his team mates were 50% as well. Sort of guarantees that you finish with a with a sub par record. With Johnson's fumble in Colt territory at less than 4 minutes to play on a beautiful 2nd and 20 pass play, Texan's suffered both.

Both times that he pulled it down there was a leaping defender in the passing lane. That's Fitz. In the clutch it is 50% probable that he screws up. It seems like his team mates were 50% as well. Sort of guarantees that you finish with a with a sub par record. With Johnson's fumble in Colt territory at less than 4 minutes to play on a beautiful 2nd and 20 pass play, Texan's suffered both.

To be fair Johnson did more to lose the game with his stupid fumbles. But Fitz gets the goat horns because he's holding the bag at the end. The guy is just unlucky.

To be fair Johnson did more to lose the game with his stupid fumbles. But Fitz gets the goat horns because he's holding the bag at the end. The guy is just unlucky.

Nope.

The game was there for the taking , regardless of any mistakes by teammates earlier in the game. And it's not bad luck, it happens too often. He tightens up in the clutch.

Nope.

The game was there for the taking , regardless of any mistakes by teammates earlier in the game. And it's not bad luck, it happens too often. He tightens up in the clutch.

Driving 90 yards in 2 minutes is far less likely to score compared to driving 20 yards in 4 minutes. If you quantified it with "probability of victory," AJ fumbling knocked them down more than Fitzy.