EJ and Spiller for Geno and a First Rounder

rfk

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Right now, I'd trade Spiller for a 1st no question. Particularly a Jests first which looks like it could be pretty high ;).

But I'm not ready to trade Manuel for Geno. Mainly because there seems to be no point to it. Neither one looks like much at this point, both have the potential to grow into at least a capable starting QB at some point.

Right now, I'd trade Spiller for a 1st no question. Particularly a Jests first which looks like it could be pretty high ;).

But I'm not ready to trade Manuel for Geno. Mainly because there seems to be no point to it. Neither one looks like much at this point, both have the potential to grow into at least a capable starting QB at some point.

Smith probably is a better passer right now. But I just think EJ has all the little things you need to be a good QB. I don't know if he will ever harness them, but you can see why teams like him. The whole SD time thing for Geno just makes him seem like not the type of leader you need from the QB position.

So basically, this is a trade to get a 1st round pick back... I would possibly do the trade, but the Bills would be absolutely fleecing the Jest.

If Philly made that trade, I'd be worried. They can maximize offensive talent. The Jets are awful with offensive players.

Actually I'm surprised this idiot topic has generated 3 pages of response...I do think Spiller is a 3rd down back/slot receiver and a great return guy but not much else. Geno will flourish and EJ will flame. Next the Ryan boys team up in Oakland and bring that resurgent City a Super Bowl win.

I'm Psychotic err psychic

Sure. The thing is, no one is giving anything close to a 1 st rounder for Spiller. A QB like Alex Smith didnt even fetch a first. The RB position in the NFL has been devalued. Teams rarely even draft RBs in the 1 st anymore. These trade scenarios are a pointless exercise as they are completely unrealistic. You can make a good argument for trading CJ as he is probably not in our future plans, but the compensation will not be that great. It would be best to get something as opposed to letting him walk as a FA. These failed first rounders of the previous regime all should be moved, and Spiller has been a flop to this point.

Sure. The thing is, no one is giving anything close to a 1 st rounder for Spiller. A QB like Alex Smith didnt even fetch a first. The RB position in the NFL has been devalued. Teams rarely even draft RBs in the 1 st anymore. These trade scenarios are a pointless exercise as they are completely unrealistic. You can make a good argument for trading CJ as he is probably not in our future plans, but the compensation will not be that great. It would be best to get something as opposed to letting him walk as a FA. These failed first rounders of the previous regime all should be moved, and Spiller has been a flop to this point.

I would argue that Spiller was a much better player than Smith was. But you're right, the position is diminshed. Denver should offer a 3rd. Spilelr would be an animal there.

I like the way Geno curses the fans...so NY...EJ would say some vacuous feel good meaningless thing. I like that Rex is gonna go down with his man.

Why doesn't Spiller handle punts..lets get some use out of him?

Again.. please terminate this topic...I am a bot searching for folks who are sitting around in their underwear with nothing better to do. ISIS is recruiting you know???