Kyle Vs Eli

Kyle vs Eli  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Do you feel Kyle is ...

Watching Kyle Sunday made think if the Giants can win two Superbowls with Eli then why can't we? For the most part I think physically and football smarts they are about the same but mentally I think Orton is better the Eli in that he doesn't look like a scared bullying victim when he is under pressure. Considering the swag Kyle carries himself with I feel that nothing rattles him and with the talent this team has (minus the O-line) we can make a run like the Giants.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on now...this can't be a real poll right? Kyle has a decent game and now we are asking if he is better than a 2 time SB MVP and Champ? Not a GM in the world would take Orton over Eli, not one.

My fear is that Orton is now this mythological figure here just like Fitz after he put up 300 on Balt (and lost, mostly because of his two Interceptions). After that game, no matter how bad he played people still validated him and cited that one meaningless game. Well Orton lost this week too, except no one told the Detroit kicker. Lets not pretend he put on some all world show here against Detroit. He only won and only got to 300 yards because a Detroit kicker can't hit a single field goal. Would anyone still be posting this stuff if Detroit had hit just one of their FG's and won that game? The answer is no.

A crappy out of work kicker does not now somehow elevate Ortons game to elite status like some are painting here. I hope Orton puts up 300, 400 or even 500 yards this week on NE and becomes our best QB since Kelly. But the reality is he had a mediocre game and made a big play at the end to steal a game we should have lost, mostly because of his pick 6 which is why were behind in the first place. I applaud him for coming through at the end to steal a win we needed, but I need to see more before I start believing he can get us to the playoffs. When the MVP of our win is the opposing teams kicker, its probably premature to start polls about Orton and if he's better than a 2 time SB winning QB, especially since he's never even kept a job in his career.

Edited by Alphadawg7

Come on now...this can't be a real poll right? Kyle has a decent game and now we are asking if he is better than a 2 time SB MVP and Champ? Not a GM in the world would take Orton over Eli, not one.

My fear is that Orton is now this mythological figure here just like Fitz after he put up 300 on Balt (and lost, mostly because of his two Interceptions). After that game, no matter how bad he played people still validated him and cited that one meaningless game. Well Orton lost this week too, except no one told the Detroit kicker. Lets not pretend he put on some all world show here against Detroit. He only won and only got to 300 yards because a Detroit kicker can't hit a single field goal. Would anyone still be posting this stuff if Detroit had hit just one of their FG's and won that game? The answer is no.

A crappy out of work kicker does not now somehow elevate Ortons game to elite status like some are painting here. I hope Orton puts up 300, 400 or even 500 yards this week on NE and becomes our best QB since Kelly. But the reality is he had a mediocre game and made a big play at the end to steal a game we should have lost, mostly because of his pick 6 which is why were behind in the first place. I applaud him for that, but I need to see more before I start believing he can get us to the playoffs. When the MVP of our win is the opposing teams kicker, its probably premature to start polls about Orton and if he's better than a 2 time SB winning QB, especially since he's never even kept a job in his career.

Rich Gannon syndrome.

Rich Gannon syndrome.

I would love this guy to become the next Rich Gannon...who was a mediocre QB at best and then in the right situation and puts up great stats and takes a team to the SB. But this game was not that by any stretch. Granted, he has room to improve considering the circumstances of not being here long, limited playing time last couple years, etc. But some of the stuff on this board right now is way over the top on his game this week.

I would love this guy to become the next Rich Gannon...who was a mediocre QB at best and then in the right situation and puts up great stats and takes a team to the SB. But this game was not that by any stretch. Granted, he has room to improve considering the circumstances of not being here long, limited playing time last couple years, etc. But some of the stuff on this board right now is way over the top on his game this week.

Exactly B-)

What game were you watching? For the better part of 3 quarters the Bills offense looked exactly like it did under EJ. Check downs, short passes and an inability to pick up 1st downs. The only accurate pass downfield that Orton made all game was the one to Goodwin (which was a fantastic pass.)

People are always too quick to jump down someone's throat and say they suck and too quick to appoint them the savior. The guy is an average - at best - QB and the Bills will win based on the strength of their defense.

A crappy out of work kicker does not now somehow elevate Ortons game to elite status like some are painting here. I hope Orton puts up 300, 400 or even 500 yards this week on NE and becomes our best QB since Kelly. But the reality is he had a mediocre game and made a big play at the end to steal a game we should have lost, mostly because of his pick 6 which is why were behind in the first place. I applaud him for coming through at the end to steal a win we needed, but I need to see more before I start believing he can get us to the playoffs. When the MVP of our win is the opposing teams kicker, its probably premature to start polls about Orton and if he's better than a 2 time SB winning QB, especially since he's never even kept a job in his career.

And I thought I was the only one living in a parallel universe. Welcome my friend.

What game were you watching? For the better part of 3 quarters the Bills offense looked exactly like it did under EJ. Check downs, short passes and an inability to pick up 1st downs. The only accurate pass downfield that Orton made all game was the one to Goodwin (which was a fantastic pass.)

People are always too quick to jump down someone's throat and say they suck and too quick to appoint them the savior. The guy is an average - at best - QB and the Bills will win based on the strength of their defense.

Do you mean the Goodwin reception ob a throw that looked like EJs pass to Watkins that got broken up by Grimes. Or like the pass to Chandler that was reviewed and declared a perfect catch? i am so glad we have a quarterback... Orton... who has pinpoint accuracy. Now... someone tell me how to make my emoticon bang his head off of a wall!!!!

I cannot for the life of me understand the fetish that some people on this board have for denigrating Eli Manning.

Orton has one average-to-mediocre game in which the defense saved the day, and now we're trying to elevate him past a two-time Super Bowl winner.