Bills are #1 Rush D

TPS

which is why we probably don't beat Rodgers, Manning and Brady part 2 this year. They can put an offense completely on their shoulders and get a win. But the others...

So we can still get to 10 wins but have zero margin for error against non-elite QBs. I'm thinking that's not realistic and we need to take at least one of the three games you flagged.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rush D rankings have always been Ypg....

Whether or not somebody likes the stat it's how it gets measured officially.

Why pick at this?

Proud of this D! .....

It's how it gets measured officially, but the stat coaches key on is yards per attempt.

GO BILLS!!!

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/rushing/position/defense

if it wasn't for total yardage per game the Bills would be #1 at something. #3 in rushing ypg, #2 in sacks w/19 (thanks Kyle [3 sacks to your good buddy Ninkovich])

and then there is the passing D

27th worse in yards allowed

damn NE* had to ruin the TD #'s, 300 yds passing #'s

http://espn.go.com/n...osition/defense

if it wasn't for total yardage per game the Bills would be #1 at something. #3 in rushing ypg, #2 in sacks w/19 (thanks Kyle [3 sacks to your good buddy Ninkovich])

and then there is the passing D

27th worse in yards allowed

damn NE* had to ruin the TD #'s, 300 yds passing #'s

Your posts honestly don't even make sense anymore. They are #1 in rushing yards per game allowed and #1 in yards per carry allowed- both by a substantial margin. They are one of two teams who have yet to allow a rushing TD. What are you arguing this time? That the Bills run defense actually isn't very good or that EJ Manuel gives us a better chance to win than Kyle Orton? It's always one of the two.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

@Andy_Benoit: #Bills Film: @BrandonSpikes51 is one of, if not THE, best pure run-defending ILB's in NFL.

This is true. I love how he's always looking to run up hill.

But he's almost as bad in pass D as he is good in run D. Almost.

GO BILLS!!!

Your posts honestly don't even make sense anymore. They are #1 in rushing yards per game allowed and #1 in yards per carry allowed- both by a substantial margin. They are one of two teams who have yet to allow a rushing TD. What are you arguing this time? That the Bills run defense actually isn't very good or that EJ Manuel gives us a better chance to win than Kyle Orton? It's always one of the two.

no one is forcing you to read them,

let me explain it for you.

it was a praise for the great work the D does in a few select areas and then an acknowledgement of where they are failing.

also here is a hint. most of what I post is sarcasm. you'll have to figure out when that is.

It's pretty interesting that a scheme change can take a mostly same defense from being awesome against pass, and crap against run, and flip it to awesome against the run, and crap against pass.*

(*generalized descriptions)

from the curse thread I thought of something

does anyone think the loss of these RB's in each game week after week has impacted the rush D #'s?

Metz had it right earlier in the top stats in rush per game, pts per game, sacks, and third down conversions for defense. The pass defense is blurred by teams just cannot run against us.

If our offense was not so anemic, we'd be killing it right now. We need to stay on the field.

I agree. People are all over our D for pats loss, but you simply can't put it all on the defense that much. Guys get gassed and are mentally unprepared to come back on the field so quickly. Add to that pats get to keep making adjustments and its just a matter of time. Big shout out to the refs in that game for killing our momentum on offense too

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

That's a little different than Pettine's D....

The Bills have also played 3 of the top 5 defenses in the league--SD, Houston, and Lions. They averaged 14.7 ppg against those Ds, and 26 against the other two. I'd give Hackett a few games with Orton before condemning him too much.

Pretty limited stat, teams just step back and throw it. Why bother running when you can throw for 3 or 4 scores.