I hate to be a downer but ... Robert Woods ....

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

... is simply not that good of a WR. I'd call him average, and his stats support that:

- 14 games, 587 yards (42 avg), 3 TDs

- 5 games, 156 yards (31 avg), 0 TDs

1 game with a competent QB in 2 seasons. Take it easy fella.

It's a bit early for that, offensive scheme/QB play a role too. Larry Fitzgerald looked no better than average when he had guys like John Skelton and Ryan Lindley throwing him the ball. I think he flashes potential to be a nice player, we'll see.

SWAT's YPG is less than 40. Average receiver?

he's not physical, and not particularly fast in pads ... as a result he doesn't create separation,. It's not QB-specific. With Orton throwing for 300+ today, Woods still only got 3 catches for 37

One game to make a conclusion. Brilliant!

he's not physical, and not particularly fast in pads ... as a result he doesn't create separation,. It's not QB-specific. With Orton throwing for 300+ today, Woods still only got 3 catches for 37

Calling Robert Woods "not physical" just shows you're trolling, or possibly your vision is impaired.

Woods actually had a good game. He's a really good blocker and fights for every yard. Plus he's a fighter. The Bills using 5 WR are not going to put up great stats for the individuals (except perhaps Sammy because he's a stud). Goodwin is an extremely valuable player that stats do not show at all. I heard in the pregame show that last week, because he was out, the defenses played a completely different game against us because they always accounted for him and his speed when he was running decoy routes. Stats are really misleading. Woods is a solid and valuable player. He was great in the first win.

You do realize who has been the QB for 18 of those 19 games, right?

Thad Lewis

Jeff Tuel

EJ Manuel

You forgot it was not just Manuel

Sammy, a rookie, has nearly 2x as many yards and 2 TDs to Wood's 0, with the same QBs

have you seen that dude block? the guy is almost too physical.

Sammy, a rookie, has nearly 2x as many yards and 2 TDs to Wood's 0, with the same QBs

Well Sammy's rookie season looks to be shaping up like Woods' rookie season, so we can assume he'll drop off and become an "average receiver." Right? Or can only you abandon logic and reason when arguing?

Sorry but this is one of the worst threads I've seen here in a long time. Not physical? Did you happen to see his last catch where he was once again put in a bad spot and fought tooth and nail for 2-3 yards? With a decent QB this guy puts up big numbers.