I hate to be a downer but ... Robert Woods ....

I did "he's not physical, and not particularly fast in pads ... as a result he doesn't create separation"

That was a nice grab in the bears game ... I'd never take that one away from him. And mike Williams who made one just as good later in that game. But after 19 games I'd expect him to have some nice grabs even as am average WR. His overall stat line however undermines the argument he's anything more that that.

Please give us examples of him being man-handled by a DB while trying to release. Be specific. Otherwise, admit you're trolling, you have yet to make an accurate (or coherent) observation about Woods as a WR. So, maybe visual aids will help you. Pull some examples and get back to us.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What a most perfect spot to make my inaugural post.

Thread….please come with me….it's time to die.

Ah death, just what we need more of around here, welcome. BTW the OP is below average and I find it confusing that he stole Joe The Six Packs screen name by putting those underscores in there.

I see his AVG @ 57. Also Sammy, a rookie, has nearly 2x as many yards and 2 TDs to Wood's 0, with the same QBs

We traded our future for Sammy for a reason. He is an ELITE talent. Woods will never approach elite. That is not what he is supposed to be. Comparing the two and asking why Sammy Watkins is putting up better numbers is crazy. Sammy better be putting up much better numbers.

For an apples to apples comparison here is a list of the 2nd round receievers to consider going back to 2004 (source: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2014/05/03/4884867/nfl-draft-a-decade-of-wide-receiver.html) How many receivers on this list had similar starts and went on to very productive careers? My guess is plenty. How many never amounted to anything in the league? Even more. Moral of the story? It is way too soon to make a final judgement on how good of a receiver Robert Woods is yet.

By the logic of the OP the Bears Alshon Jeffery "is simply not that great of a WR" as Robert Woods outgained him by over 200 yards (AJ 367 < RW 587) in a comparison of rookie years. I started doing the work and realized that is exactlty what a monumental waste of time and resources this would be on such an obvious attempt to troll for views. I'm going back to reseaching which politician is going to F me less when I go to the polls in about a month.

34 Justin Hunter Titans 2013 41 Robert Woods Bills 2013 59 Aaron Dobson Patriots 2013 33 Brian Quick Rams 2012 43 Stephen Hill Jets 2012 45 Alshon Jeffery Bears 2012 54 Ryan Broyles Lions 2012 63 Rueben Randle Giants 2012 44 Titus Young Lions 2011 58 Torrey Smith Ravens 2011 59 Greg Little Browns 2011 64 Randall Cobb Packers 2011 36 Dexter McCluster Chiefs 2010 39 Arrelious Benn Buccaneers 2010 60 Golden Tate Seahawks 2010 36 Brian Robiskie Browns 2009 50 Mohamed Massaquoi Browns 2009 33 Donnie Avery Rams 2008 34 Devin Thomas Redskins 2008 36 Jordy Nelson Packers 2008 41 James Hardy Bills 2008 42 Eddie Royal Broncos 2008 46 Jerome Simpson Bengals 2008 49 DeSean Jackson Eagles 2008 51 Malcolm Kelly Redskins 2008 53 Limas Sweed Steelers 2008 58 Dexter Jackson Buccaneers 2008 44 Sidney Rice Vikings 2007 45 Dwayne Jarrett Panthers 2007 51 Steve Smith Giants 2007 36 Chad Jackson Patriots 2006 44 Sinorice Moss Giants 2006 52 Greg Jennings Packers 2006 35 Reggie Brown Eagles 2005 39 Mark Bradley Bears 2005 55 Roscoe Parrish Bills 2005 58 Terrence Murphy Packers 2005 61 Vincent Jackson Chargers 2005 50 Devery Henderson Saints 2004 54 Darius Watts Broncos 2004 62 Keary Colbert Panthers 2004

Woods is one of my favorite players. He is tough, runs hard, is an excellent blocker, always hustling, and fearless. His catch against the Bears was incredible and helped win the game. And like Kelly the dog stated, not every contribution shows up in the stat sheet. Woods is a solid #2 and will only get better with Kyle Orton at QB

For an apples to apples comparison here is a list of the 2nd round receievers to consider going back to 2004 (source: http://www.charlotte...e-receiver.html) How many receivers on this list had similar starts and went on to very productive careers? My guess is plenty. How many never amounted to anything in the league? Even more. Moral of the story? It is way too soon to make a final judgement on how good of a receiver Robert Woods is yet.

By the logic of the OP the Bears Alshon Jeffery "is simply not that great of a WR" as Robert Woods outgained him by over 200 yards (AJ 367 < RW 587) in a comparison of rookie years. I started doing the work and realized that is exactlty what a monumental waste of time and resources this would be on such an obvious attempt to troll for views. I'm going back to reseaching which politician is going to F me less when I go to the polls in about a month.

actually it's just the opposite. We're supposed to just take it on faith around here that Woods is "great, a stud, steal @ 41 overall, the next Hines Ward, etc etc" even though his numbers say otherwise. I hope he becomes all the positive things people are saying about him (and more), but there are reasons to doubt it too. Until the numbers say otherwise, he's not "great, a stud, steal @ 41 overall, the next Hines Ward, etc etc"

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

actually it's just the opposite. We're supposed to just take it on faith around here that Woods is "great, a stud, steal @ 41 overall, the next Hines Ward, etc etc" even though his numbers say otherwise. I hope he becomes all the positive things people are saying about him (and more), but there are reasons to doubt it too. Until the numbers say otherwise, he's not "great, a stud, steal @ 41 overall, the next Hines Ward, etc etc"

Jeezus... I can never tell if you are serious or yanking our chains half the time....there are plenty of reasons to doubt anything...

Sorry Joe.....but this post does nothing for me.....its just your uninformed opinion