Bills at Lions Postgame

Week 5: Buffalo Bills vs. Detroit Lions highlights (3:14)

Despite the Lions controlling most of the game, Dan Carpenter would hit the game winner for Buffalo in a 17-14 win.

GAME PHOTOS: BILLS AT LIONS

Photos from the Week 5 matchup between the Bills and Lions in Detroit.

10-05: Doug Marrone Post-Game (10:17)

10-5: Russ Brandon Post-Game (3:49)

10-5: Kyle Orton Post-Game (6:00)

10-5: Marcell Dareus Post-Game (3:40)

10-5: Jerry Hughes Post-Game (1:02)

10-5: Stefan Charles Post-Game (1:44)

10-5: Dan Carpenter Post-Game (4:07)

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Orton had 300 yards passing in his first game as a Bill. EJ has never yet thrown for 300 in the NFL.

I like EJ but we might be 5-0 if Orton played the last three games. And I think we'd be 2-3 if EJ played this one.

But as Ohio says, the DEFENSE won this game. Great to see the six sacks and a good Detroit offense held to 7 points.

Awesome game.

Orton had 300 yards passing in his first game as a Bill. EJ has never yet thrown for 300 in the NFL.

I like EJ but we might be 5-0 if Orton played the last three games. And I think we'd be 2-3 if EJ played this one.

But as Ohio says, the DEFENSE won this game. Great to see the six sacks and a good Detroit offense held to 7 points.

Awesome game.

Amazing how effortless it was for him to get to 300. Seems like EJ could throw all day and not crack 200.

Amazing how effortless it was for him to get to 300. Seems like EJ could throw all day and not crack 200.

while EJ does have that 40 yarder to Goodwin he made last year, I don't think he would have either thrown it or made it this year. Edited by YoloinOhio

while EJ does have that 40 yarder to Goodwin he made last year, I don't think he would have either thrown it or made it this year.

I agree. And I don't mean to criticize EJ, but even with the few completed bombs (by both him and Tuel in the KC game last year), it seemed like 300 yards was insurmountable for these guys. I don't even fully understand it, because it seemed like Orton mostly had shorter throws today like EJ, and he was able to get 300 yards.

I think it's just a matter of better accuracy on the short throws, a few more intermediate completions, and then the long one.

@BuffaloBillsPR

#Bills QB Kyle Orton tied a team-record today, utilizing 10 different receivers.

That's pretty damn impressive considering he's only been on the team six weeks, had no training camp/pre-season and has been the backup in practice all season. There's just no way he knows the particulars of the backs and receivers yet.

That's pretty damn impressive considering he's only been on the team six weeks, had no training camp/pre-season and has been the backup in practice all season. There's just no way he knows the particulars of the backs and receivers yet.

Also a testament to the skill players on the Bills. This team has talent.

Bills beat Lions on 58-yard field goal

By JOHN WAWROW

Bills kicker Dan Carpenter responded to an alleged laser pointer shining from the stands in Detroit with laser-point accuracy.

After banking a 50-yard attempt off the left upright in the third quarter, Carpenter split the goal posts from 58 yards with 4 seconds left for a 17-14 come-from-behind victory over the Lions on Sunday.

''I hit it really good. It was one of those things I really like to not leave opportunities like that short,'' said Carpenter. ''I hit the ball really well, a lot better than I did on the 50-yarder.''

And this time, there wasn't a laser shining in holder Colton Schmidt's face, as apparently happened on the earlier miss.

while EJ does have that 40 yarder to Goodwin he made last year, I don't think he would have either thrown it or made it this year.

wrong. Grimes made all pro play to break up the same throw to Watkins in phins game. EJ laid it in there perfectly and Grimes got his hand in at the same second. fantastic play on a perfect throw. I like the move to Orton, but how soon they forget.....

Marcell Dareus sets career high with three sacks

Few players had a more eventful offseason than Buffalo Bills defensive tackle Marcell Dareus, who was arrested twice and failed his conditioning test upon reporting to training camp.

Those troubles faded into the background Sunday when Dareus set a career high with three sacks in a 17-14 win against the Detroit Lions.