Bills at Lions Postgame

View from the other side:

Detroit Free Press

"

And suddenly, without warning, Jim Schwartz, now Bills’ defensive coordinator, rose into the air — like a bad dream come to life — smiling and pumping his fist, as the Bills beat the Lions, 17-14, Sunday afternoon. Schwartz even was carried off the field.

Just shoot a laser into my eyes, I can’t watch anymore."

Detroit News

"It certainly wasn't Matthew Stafford's day. The quarterback whose late-season struggles certainly played a role in Schwartz's downfall in Detroit was picking himself up off the turf early and often. He was sacked six times, knocked down at least four more, and finished 18-of-31 for 221 yards with a touchdown and an interception."

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@JaySkurski

Marcell Dareus played 92 percent of the defensive snaps yesterday, a huge number for a defensive tackle. #Bills

He's a beast. A beast who is in shape. He's our beast. Cut him.

That's pretty amazing. I am very interested to see the All-22 write-ups this week to see how they got so much pressure without blitzing.

kj

Chris Gragg, Travis Kelce tribute to Ric Flair (0:27)

Bills tight end Chris Gragg and Chiefs tight end Travis Kelce both pay tribute to wrestling legend Ric Flair after scoring touchdowns.

10/6/14 - Jim Kelly Show (10:36)

Jim's pumped about the Bills' week 5 comeback in Detroit! Jim's live on 97 Rock every Monday during the season!

Bills make King’s ‘Fine Fifteen’

15. Buffalo (3-2). I just love the fact that the Bills have been owned by the Wilson family of suburban Detroit for 55 seasons, and in the last game of the Wilson reign, the Bills played in Detroit for the fifth time ever and won a thriller on a 58-yard field goal in the final seconds. Perfect. Oh, and the Bills host the Patriots on Sunday, with the winner holding sole possession of first place in the AFC East.

I agree. And I don't mean to criticize EJ, but even with the few completed bombs (by both him and Tuel in the KC game last year), it seemed like 300 yards was insurmountable for these guys. I don't even fully understand it, because it seemed like Orton mostly had shorter throws today like EJ, and he was able to get 300 yards.

I think it's just a matter of better accuracy on the short throws, a few more intermediate completions, and then the long one.

I didn't see the whole game yet (son had a baseball game) but I'm assuming YAC had something to do with it as well. Which traces right back to better accuracy and timing.

Video: Lions Postgame Locker Room Speech (0:45)

Go inside the Bills locker room after the 17-14 win over the Detroit Lions and hear who got game balls after the dramatic victory.

The John Murphy Show October 6

Complete recap of Sunday's win in Detroit including post game reaction with Around The Locker Room and a Game Rewind with Murph's calls. Visits from !@#$ Chris Brown and Bills kicker Dan Carpenter.

Battle tested wins building Bills’ will

Buffalo’s two road wins haven’t been pretty, but in the end the Bills emerged victorious needing overtime in Week 1 and a 58-yard bomb from Dan Carpenter in Week 5 to beat a pair of NFC North opponents. As the players see it, the hard fought victories are strengthening their mental toughness.

@buffalobills

WATCH: Uncle Rico I mean Kyle Orton throws the pigskin a quarter mile over them mountains http://bufbills.co/MUUYdo

:lol:

Robert Woods: "We HAD To Bounce Back" (3:51)

Wide Receiver Robert Woods talks about getting back in the win column and the success of the passing game against a strong Detroit defense.

C.J. Spiller: "Guys Made Plays" (4:20)

Running Back C.J. Spiller talks about running game against Detroit and looks ahead to facing New England in Week 6.

Sammy Watkins: "It Was All Rhythm" (5:28)

Wide Receiver Sammy Watkins talks about how the offense was able to get in to a rhythm against the Lions and being excited to face New England at home on Sunday.

Doug Marrone on Play of Defensive Line, Kyle Orton (3:41)

The Bills head coach talks about the condition of cornerback Ron Brooks, the job of the defensive line in replacing Kyle Williams, and the play of Kyle Orton.

That's pretty damn impressive considering he's only been on the team six weeks, had no training camp/pre-season and has been the backup in practice all season. There's just no way he knows the particulars of the backs and receivers yet.

Judging from comments by some of the receivers, Orton took control of the offense from the get go. He told each receiver what he expected of them. I think EJ was being told what to do instead of taking command of the offense himself. Orton may not be Brady, Brees, Rivers etc, but he did what a veteran QB is expected to do....take charge.

I really don't think Orton's throws exceptionally special. He just knows what to do and then goes out and get's the job done. I'm impressed that he was able to do this so quickly. You could see he was knocking some rust off in the 1st half, but what a great second half! Orton has been with the team long enough to know the plays. What separates him from EJ is that he makes it clear exactly how he wants routes to be run based on his own experience. If EJ communicates what he wants out of the receivers maybe he starts to perform better. He just needs to step up and take command instead of calling timeouts and running to the sideline so he can be told what to do.

Wk 5 'Report Card': Buffalo Bills

Elliot Harrison grades the Buffalo Bills' performance in their Week 5 victory against the Detroit Lions.

Bills 17, Lions 14: http://www.cbssports...an-ponder-at-qb

BUF.png A

EJ Manuel might want to find a permanent spot on the Bills bench because Captain Comeback, Kyle Orton, is probably going to be starting for awhile. Making his first start for Buffalo, Orton threw for 308 yards and a TD. The best part of this game was the Bills defense though, which held the Lions offense to 194 total yards. That performance led Bills players to carry defensive coordinator -- and former Lions coach -- Jim Schwartz off of the field. Seriously. They did that. And it was amazing.

DET.png D+

If you know a field goal kicker or know someone who knows someone who might know a field goal kicker, tell them to call the Lions. It's urgent.

10/06: Eric Wood on WGR <23:14>

@sn_nfl

Pretty much. Matthew Stafford is Jay Cutler. Jay Cutler is Matthew Stafford. #Bears #Lions http://www.sportingn...allari …

The comments below this article are hilarious!

Jim Schwartz carried off at Ford Field (0:08)

After an impressive performance from his defense in his return to Ford Field, the Bills carry off their defensive coordinator Jim Schwartz after the win.