Bills at Lions Postgame

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha; wood is so confused re Orton's celebration.

By the end Wood has just moved on and isn't even paying attention anymore lol

The fumble where the Bills sort of looked around and the Lions ended up picking up the ball - - - Hughes helmet was knocked off. I thought the play is blown dead if a players helmet comes off? It wasn't blown dead.

I realize it wouldn't have changed much - it'd have been a dead ball, Lions possession maybe 3 yards deeper.

The fumble where the Bills sort of looked around and the Lions ended up picking up the ball - - - Hughes helmet was knocked off. I thought the play is blown dead if a players helmet comes off? It wasn't blown dead.

I realize it wouldn't have changed much - it'd have been a dead ball, Lions possession maybe 3 yards deeper.

That's not a rule that I'm aware of.

Published on Oct 6, 2014

Adam Schefter joins Keith Olbermann to discuss some storylines involving three AFC East quarterbacks: Tom Brady, Geno Smith, and EJ Manuel.

Thanks for this. Interesting stuff. I love how Schefter pooh-poohed the win over to Lions by writing it off to fate. I don't think he meant it that way at all, but it's how it sounded to me.

found this...

jerry-hughes-helmetless-tackle-against-detroit-a.gif?w=1000

That's not a rule that I'm aware of.

I just looked it up, should have in the first place. It will probably be a rule in the future with all the head injuries, but the rule is if a ball carriers helmet comes off the play is blown dead.

Watkins & Carpenter get Week 5 recognition

The PFF’s Week 5 All-Star team included Carpenter and Watkins. Carpenter for his game-winning 58-yard field goal and Watkins for his clutch behind the head, juggling grab to set up the field goal the play prior. Watkins also had six other receptions in the game.

Here’s what PFF had to say about the two clutch performers for Buffalo.

Player Spotlight: Kicker Dan Carpenter (0:25)

Watch as Dan Carpenter drills a 58 yard field goal to put Buffalo ahead with :04 remaining in the 17-14 win over the Lions.
Edited by 26CornerBlitz