Bills vs. Patriots: Week 6

Fadingpain

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted this in the defense thread, but here's my stat of the week:

Pats* giving up 4.4 per rush, tied for 19th worst in the league. CJ breaks out next week.

At this point, over 1 yard per carry might be called a breakout game. I have no idea what is wrong with his game, but something is wrong.

kj

@YardsPerPass

Updated line after the Pats remembered they were the Pats have the #Bills as 3 pt underdogs at home next week vs NE

I just played a "Bill Simmons & Cousin Sal Guess the Lines" game with myself.

Brag - I'm pretty good at it. Within a point on every single game. Except this one.

I'll be interested to see if a flood of professional $ comes in on the Bills late in the week as happened this weekend.

God this game is HUGE!!!!

We've taken two games on the road this year which is amazing considering how bad we have been away from the Ralph. First place on the line and most definitely a statement game. Good barometer on Sunday here boys and girls.

It is early but this game may decide the AFC East. It will be a game of, can the Bills run the ball on offense.

On defense can they stop the passes to the NE tight ends. Almost half of the NE passes against the Bengals went to tight ends. This has been a thorn in the side of the Bills whenever they play NE.

AFCE lead on the line .......

Any word of this game being flexed AGAIN to 4 or 8:30?

http://fangsbites.co...ate-window.html

But in Week 6 on Sunday, October 12, the NFL has announced that it will move the Chicago at Atlanta game from 1 p.m. ET to 4:25 p.m. It was originally scheduled for Fox and will remain on Fox for the national window. To replace that game in the early window, New England at Buffalo which was originally scheduled for CBS will be given to Fox

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

Watching Revis on AJ Green last night, it seems like he gets away with a lot of interference. He Routinely cuts off routes with his body, which may or may not be questionable, but he basically arm barred Green on every route he tried to go over the top on. He would run side by side with Green but would just hold his arm out there like a toll barrier.

I for one am glad the Patriots won big. If the Bengals had beaten them, even with the emotion of a packed house for the first game under Pegula, we risked taking them too lightly. Imagine, the Bills taking the Patriots too lightly!

Having the Putrids win against the BenGals is a good thing. Hopefully they will get over confident.

BTW the FOX announcers sucked yesterday

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

Dear Kyle and Nigel,

Get Well Soon.

Love, Heitz

Seriously though, I'll be at the game with a crew from Vermont all weekend long at Hammers. Check the Tailgate forum, if any TBD'ers would like to meet up, you're more than welcome to stop by for a pop and some food!

It is early but this game may decide the AFC East. It will be a game of, can the Bills run the ball on offense.

On defense can they stop the passes to the NE tight ends. Almost half of the NE passes against the Bengals went to tight ends. This has been a thorn in the side of the Bills whenever they play NE.

I agree ... gotta be able to run the ball this game.

Those seam passes are what drives the Pats offense. If Gronk and Wright are allowed quick release into the seams it'll be a struggle defending Brady.

Edited by Pneumonic

I can think of several cliches regarding this game: statement game, separate men from the boys, pretenders versus contenders, season defining.

After the early season chest thumping regarding the Bills' ascendance, this game gives a chance to prove it. You can bet Spikes will be pumped about this game. I hope KyleW and Bradham return.

I can think of several cliches regarding this game: statement game, separate men from the boys, pretenders versus contenders, season defining.

After the early season chest thumping regarding the Bills' ascendance, this game gives a chance to prove it. You can bet Spikes will be pumped about this game. I hope KyleW and Bradham return.

I think one aspect about this game that won't be talked about but should be is that there are a LOT of young players on this team who know nothing about the Pats' Brady/Belichick decade long dominance of the Bills and it's psychological effects that still has a firm grip on this organization and it's fans. Heck, even our "old" starting QB probably doesn't know or even care very much about the pathetically sad history of this matchup. This is a good thing because it's more about business this week than something personal.

These young Bills players will however get a super rare chance to beat a legendary team they grew up watching as boys, beat them when they are playing at their best and beat them in a game that matters for the division lead. Unlike past Bills teams, I think that this promising young and talented team will be very motivated to win this game.

Come again. too cocky will get you nada. 1st place is up for grabs in the AFCE week 6. and how does this go again? oh yeah like the past 14 years.

Agreed - 2 wins in the last 14 years says something. Let's hope the Bills can break out the mojo as its pretty clear from the record that Belicheck and Brady have owned the Bills (and the AFC East for that matter) over this time period

Big-time angry. Brady looked like he was out for revenge on someone.

Pats "fans" and local radio were talking about him being over the hill and on the trade block all week.

I don't believe flexing is in play for SUN prime time games until last 6 weeks of season or so...

Apparently if this game was going to be flexed they would have had to do it already. So 1 p.m. start according Murphy show.