• 10-19
    • 5-10
    • Less than 5
    • ZERO

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I keep reading this. How do you know if someone is banned?

Know w/ 100% certainty? Don't.

Know w/ reasonable (90%+) certainty? Based on the way they posted and interacted and then completely disappeared for years, pretty certain.

Know w/ reasonable (90%+) certainty? Based on the way they posted and interacted and then completely disappeared for years, pretty certain.

Don't think it's that easy. I was banned for 90 days for mentioning Bush threw out the ball at the first Yankee stadium game after 9/11. Would you look at that post and say of course JiA is banned?

Don't think it's that easy. I was banned for 90 days for mentioning Bush threw out the ball at the first Yankee stadium game after 9/11. Would you look at that post and say of course JiA is banned?

We know you're banned when you aren't chiming in on everything. There are a few that are that way, everyone just figures they missed it and Jim/Rob/Tom/Crayonz is banned again.

You can look at the screen name to some of the people and see that their name is greyed out and you cannot click on it, for example.

We know you're banned when you aren't chiming in on everything. There are a few that are that way, everyone just figures they missed it and Jim/Rob/Tom/Crayonz is banned again.

You can look at the screen name to some of the people and see that twheir name is greyed out and you cannot click on it, for example.

There are different kinds of bans. When Simon hit me with 90 days I would just see "sorry you don't have permission to do that!" Well I got around that by blocking cookies. When BeerBall banned me for 120 days I would see my name, I just couldn't post.

When I made my "this message is hidden" post I had to temporarily ignore someone to see what the ignore message was and I realized I did have one person on my ignore list. Next to his name it said "banned".

I've only been banned once, and that was for less than a month. Unless you count the 24 hour timeout I got once. Sometimes I just take a break from the board.

There are different kinds of bans. When Simon hit me with 90 days I would just see "sorry you don't have permission to do that!" Well I got around that by blocking cookies. When BeerBall banned me for 120 days I would see my name, I just couldn't post.

Then Simon parked a van outside of your place with a some type of IP jamming device. Desperate measures.

Don't you know...everyone in here is innocent.