• 50+
    • 40-49
    • 30-39
    • 20-29
    • 10-19
    • 5-10
    • Less than 5
    • ZERO

So you put people on ignore for typing something stupid? In that case, how are you still under 200?

This is why I wish there were some intermediate step where rather than blocking a user's post I could just put a symbol next to his name to signify that he's an idiot so if I come across further mind numbing posts I won't feel compelled to address them. Because, to [mis]quote Crayonz, if we all ignored everyone who said something stupid this site would just be DC Tom calling himself an idiot.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is why I wish there were some intermediate step where rather than blocking a user's post I could just put a symbol next to his name to signify that he's an idiot so if I come across further mind numbing posts I won't feel compelled to address them. Because, to [mis]quote Crayonz, if we all ignored everyone who said something stupid this site would just be DC Tom calling himself an idiot.

I like the personal notation for posters idea.

That symbol does exist. It's their avatar.

I use the ignore function sort of as a bet that someone will get banned. Right now I have 23 with 6 banned. I used to be better at it as those 6 were all I had at first. I guess it is just wishful thinking....I also do what Jauronimo does and look anyway, if they live up to it I don't read what ever they say in a thread. I know I'm an idiot but I do know I'm one, so at least I am a self aware idiot. TBCH Tampa Bob said Fred Jackson has played his way off his shite list the other day so I was kind of thinking of uncloaking him.

The one that really hurt was when Lori put us all on her ignore list.

I always wondered if everybody put everybody on ignore... Would the board crash? Is there a way SDS could flip a switch and see what happens? Just for moment, maybe 1/2 hour. Kind of like when the dude in the movie Airplane! pulls the plug... "Just kidding."

Since I started hanging around these parts I've considered a thread like this. I didn't see it as my place considering I've yet to start a thread. Glad to see it come to fruition.

The whole ignore concept comes off as a little childish to me as a vet of many forums (mostly automotive and motorcycle). Nice to see most don't abuse it. Overall, this is a great bunch of informed Bills fanatics IMHO.

I use the ignore function sort of as a bet that someone will get banned. Right now I have 23 with 6 banned. I used to be better at it as those 6 were all I had at first. I guess it is just wishful thinking....I also do what Jauronimo does and look anyway, if they live up to it I don't read what ever they say in a thread. I know I'm an idiot but I do know I'm one, so at least I am a self aware idiot. TBCH Tampa Bob said Fred Jackson has played his way off his shite list the other day so I was kind of thinking of uncloaking him.

I thought he was just a troll? If Fred Jackson ever was on ones **** list it doesn't seem likely they have much to add of any value. Couple other weird ones too... Anyone catch that thread the other night insinuating rampant racism was the reason EJ gets it so rough around here? For Christ sakes... It was deleted quickly.

Edited by SmokinES3

That symbol does exist. It's their avatar.

^^^This^^^ :thumbsup:

Avatars can be changed and many look too alike (especially when many adopted a JK pic for their avatar). The username would work, if I could remember who is who all time. But even if I could, in the middle of a back and forth thread, sometimes I lose track of the players or forget to consider the poster's rep before I respond. The notation would be a good visible reminder to myself to simply not bother with certain posters. I don't think it will ever be a feature here. Just thought it was a good idea when suggested.

Avatars can be changed and many look too alike (especially when many adopted a JK pic for their avatar). The username would work, if I could remember who is who all time. But even if I could, in the middle of a back and forth thread, sometimes I lose track of the players or forget to consider the poster's rep before I respond. The notation would be a good visible reminder to myself to simply not bother with certain posters. I don't think it will ever be a feature here. Just thought it was a good idea when suggested.

It's to hard to skim a post?

Sure am. And your point?

Better to be in shorts, sandals, eating great food surrounded by CA beauties than ass deep in a snow drift, eating ****ty moose meat being chased by bears. But hey we all have our priorities.

Well since you call great food a "pizza" made of egg, guanciale, escarole, radicchio, and bagna cauda no envy their. And these beauties-look no touch? Who cares. Enjoy the 98 degree heat while you're stuck in traffic.

Well since you call great food a "pizza" made of egg, guanciale, escarole, radicchio, and bagna cauda no envy their. And these beauties-look no touch? Who cares. Enjoy the 98 degree heat while you're stuck in traffic.

I love my 98 degree heat and made it to work today at 80 mph the whole way. And when I'm stuck in traffic they have this real cool invention in our cars down here. It's call air conditioning. And I have not problem being stuck in traffic seeing my car has all my music in it and a great sound system. Oh and I love people who say no thanks to something they've never tried before. You probably have no idea what 75% of those ingredients are you just typed.

And you're right looking at smoking hot chicks you can't touch is really a bummer.