Bills Bench the Wrong Guy

Freddie's Dead

The Bills should have benched Hackett. 23 runs and 44 passes against one of the worst rushing defenses and best pass rusher in the NFL. Way to attack your adversary's weaknesses Junior. This basically finishes EJ in Buffalo. Now that he's a Duncan Butterfly, this is JP Losman redux. You can't treat your starter like a yoyo. It's over. Time to start looking for the next franchise QB.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bills should have benched Hackett. 23 runs and 44 passes against one of the worst rushing defenses and best pass rusher in the NFL. Way to attack your adversary's weaknesses Junior. This basically finishes EJ in Buffalo. Now that he's a Duncan Butterfly, this is JP Losman redux. You can't treat your starter like a yoyo. It's over. Time to start looking for the next franchise QB.

Guys were WIDE open yesterday. The execution was the problem. The play calling was good enough to win. He just needed to execute.

Guys were WIDE open yesterday. The execution was the problem. The play calling was good enough to win. He just needed to execute.

Yup, plus most of those passes traveled short distances, so effectively they were runs.

Calm down. EJ has a chance to work on his game now and we have a chance to win what were winnable games. Orton's no messiah but he can make basic throws, and we haven't had that out of EJ.

This is mostly true, but the view from the sidelines isn't going to help EJ's game.

The problems he has can't be fixed by observing from a sideline.

We never trailed by more than 7 points yesterday (OK, 10 points for like 10 seconds). There was no need to abandon the running game and saddle up EJ. He played like crap yesterday, but I blame Hackett for putting him in a position to fail. EJ is .500 this year, would be .750 if Hackett doesn't abandon the run. If Orton is throwing 67% next week, we lose.

Edited by Fred Jackson Jockstrap

You might be right, but if that's the case he's just not going to make it in the NFL.

Well yes. That is what I have been saying from the beginning.

And why most people have viewed a benching of EJ as tantamount to declaring his career being over, at least with the Bills.

This benching is a big deal.

We never trailed by more than 7 points yesterday (OK, 10 points for like 10 seconds). There was no need to abandon the running game and saddle up EJ. He played like crap yesterday, but I blame Hackett for putting him in a position to fail. EJ is .500 this year, would be .750 if Hackett doesn't abandon the run. If Orton is throwing 67% next week, we lose.

If he hit open guys the game wouldn't have been close. I try to be fair with EJ but he was 100% the problem yesterday. Obviously, when they watched the tape they saw that too. He was atrocious.

That was the case against SD as well. I had great seats and it was plain as day. Playcalling can't be the problem if guys are getting open.

I still think the o line is going to be a problem for just about anyone back there. We shall see.

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

Calm down. EJ has a chance to work on his game now and we have a chance to win what were winnable games. Orton's no messiah but he can make basic throws, and we haven't had that out of EJ.

"work on his game" He has no game! Its been proven just because nix/whaley laid this turd doen't mean fans need to consume it. Give it up He is not an NFL QB.

So why did they keep having him throw???

Houston actually loaded up against the run in the second half and dared them to throw. After the pick, the Bills had 14 yards on 6 carries. They simply couldn't run it well, and running it more was tantamount to banging their head against the wall. A competent QB would have shredded the Texans in the second half yesterday.