EJ benched, Orton to start.

JÂy RÛßeÒ

Sorry, but IMO yes they can and will when needed.

Orton is a band-aid and nothing more.

Band-aids are the answer sometimes, even a lot of times. They stop bleeding, encourage healing substantially quicker, keep more bad stuff out and are actually the perfect remedy and answer when you have one thing wrong with you.

• Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@SInowLIVE

E.J. Manuel not ready for primetime w/ the #Bills in the thick of the AFC East division race http://bit.ly/1poLpIC

What he says is mostly true, other than his comment about how well the OL is playing. The Bills absolutely can win now with even slightly better QB play. Hell, slightly better QB play wins the Texans game and you're at 3-1 right now.

23 pages...don't feel like looking back. Hackett has to scrap the freeze option now right? I mean, Orton Is not a threat to keep it, (like Manuel ever did), but keeping it in would be ridiculous. If they run it once - Hackett is the next to get shot...or run out of town.

23 pages...don't feel like looking back. Hackett has to scrap the freeze option now right? I mean, Orton Is not a threat to keep it, (like Manuel ever did), but keeping it in would be ridiculous. If they run it once - Hackett is the next to get shot...or run out of town.

This point has already been made, and I have already countered it thusly:

If the idea behind the option is to get 5-7 yards, then they should absolutely keep it in. Orton can do that to keep them honest, and by doing so, opens up the other options on the play that EJ never took, namely passing out of it.

There are hundreds of plays in the playbook and they choose about 30 to use each week in the game plan. The playbook won't change one bit. The plays Orton likes and does well at will replace the ones EJ liked and the coaches thought he could do well at.

There are hundreds of plays in the playbook and they choose about 30 to use each week in the game plan. The playbook won't change one bit. The plays Orton likes and does well at will replace the ones EJ liked and the coaches thought he could do well at.

Closing your eyes doesn't keep you from hearing the announcer say, "Is there anything Ryan FItzpatrick can't do?"

I responded to that question, out loud, in front of my inlaws (who already think the whole Bills thing is a bit silly):

"Yes, there are many things he can't do. That's why four other teams have already shown him the door."

I responded to that question, out loud, in front of my inlaws (who already think the whole Bills thing is a bit silly):

"Yes, there are many things he can't do. That's why four other teams have already shown him the door."

The question simply needs to be rephrased to "Are there 32 things that Ryan Firzpatrick cannot do?!"

I didn't read the entire thread, but it seems most of you think Manuel is done here in Buffalo. I'm guessing that is not true at all. I see Manuel as learning/developing on the sidelines. If Orton doesn't prove to be an answer, Manuel could be back as soon as the Bills are out of the playoffs. Also, as far as next year goes, you can look forward to Manuel and Orton (and possibly other FA/draft picks) battling it out in training camp for the starting job. That's all Marrone did was sit EJ to have him learn like he was supposed to last year. It was always said he was a project, now he is going to be treated like a project. Whether Marrone is here next year or not, that is what is going to happen. Personally, I think Marrone and Whaley stay on, Pegula's not the type to come in and clean house before learning the biz.

I didn't read the entire thread, but it seems most of you think Manuel is done here in Buffalo. I'm guessing that is not true at all. I see Manuel as learning/developing on the sidelines. If Orton doesn't prove to be an answer, Manuel could be back as soon as the Bills are out of the playoffs. Also, as far as next year goes, you can look forward to Manuel and Orton (and possibly other FA/draft picks) battling it out in training camp for the starting job. That's all Marrone did was sit EJ to have him learn like he was supposed to last year. It was always said he was a project, now he is going to be treated like a project. Whether Marrone is here next year or not, that is what is going to happen. Personally, I think Marrone and Whaley stay on, Pegula's not the type to come in and clean house before learning the biz.

I know I may be in the minority here, but I've seen growth in Manuel's game this year. Still he has struggled the past couple weeks. But there are other issues with the offense which need to be addressed,. I'll be a bit surprised if this is the last we see of EJ. Like you, I hope he learns while watching, for now. I know I'm rooting for him.