Stubborness about Pears will get Marrone fired

Bocephuz

Yeah Pears is not good enough to start at this point. Urbick can't be any worse....if C.Williams comes back next week, could slide C.Richardson to RG. Pears can't deal with quickness and that has been the case since the preseason.

The good news is that Pears didn't look nearly as bad as he did last week, I guess.

BTW, I thought Richardson looked good for his first start and going against a tough line.

I didn't key on richardson too often but the few times I did weren't pretty. I'm hoping your view was more representative than mine

Edited by NoSaint

I don't care if Pee Wee Herman was playing guard. Nothing can distract me from the tragically poor play from our starting QB. I thought the Bills looked like they could run...and should have more. But 4 or 5 horrible misses on 3rd down, a pick 6 and game ending pick are all I need to see right now.

I didn't key on richardson too often but the few times I did weren't pretty. I'm hoping your view was more representative than mine

At this point, it's all relative. Anyone not getting bull-rushed or just cleanly missing a rusher is doing a pretty good job.

In all seriousness, I thought I saw Richardson handle Watt a few times better than guys like Wood and Pears did.

At this point, it's all relative. Anyone not getting bull-rushed or just cleanly missing a rusher is doing a pretty good job.

In all seriousness, I thought I saw Richardson handle Watt a few times better than guys like Wood and Pears did.

Gotcha- by comparison to the other options, I'm not sure my take. Overall it's hard to say he was good but I could see an argument for not as bad.

On the subject of being fired. Playcalling was so bad today I started considering situations where Hackett gets fired before the end of the year.

Situation #1: Pegula picks the easiest scapegoat possible after passing ownership vote.

I don't get the fascination with Pears, starting to look like Marrone cares more about size then anything else.

I thought Richardson played ok for first start but the Oline again couldn't handle stunts a lot of which falls on Wood actually

Richarson and Pears were both horrid in the first half. Wood was not much better. The gameplan for watt should have been a lot better.

I am in EJs corner. Any qb with that line play today would have failed. He needs to do things better, but the offensive line was the real shame today.. and the recievers attitude.

Time for Doug to throw in the towel and admit moving Pears to Guard was a mistake. Put Urbik.. Or any live warm body in and move on . If he doesn 't he and the tesm are toast

Don't know what made Marrone think Urbick went from a quality player to bum but he should put him in.

However I don't think it is Urbick that get him fired as it is EJ

Richarson and Pears were both horrid in the first half. Wood was not much better. The gameplan for watt should have been a lot better.

I am in EJs corner. Any qb with that line play today would have failed. He needs to do things better, but the offensive line was the real shame today.. and the recievers attitude.

Watt is a beast, don't think there was much they could do without over-comiting players to him which opens everything up for the other players

I wonder if Urbik kicked Marrone's dog or something. He has consistently been on Marrone's *#&! list for two years. He was serviceable under D'alisandres (or however its spelled) and certainly wasn't a liability.

That was my perception of him as well. He may not have been dominant but he was certainly serviceable and rarely a liability. He must have done or said something to get on Marrone's bad side. Pro Football Focus had him rated as one of the best guards in the AFC East last year .. and I watched every snap of his in preseason and to my eye he was holding his own more often than not. EJ may or may not be the answer.. but poor RG play resulting in regularly moving off of his spot on the dropback does not help anyone get a good evaluation of him.