Give EJ a 5 year/$75million extension NOW

BringBackFergy

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

At first, I thought you were being sarcastic, because who would want to throw him off his current form with contract talk mid-season? But I can tell you've given this some serious thought, and if you really believe that we should do it right away, then I support you 120%. I'm on the bandwagon too. It will be great to not have that ? hanging over our heads.

Are you still not getting it or are you the designated straight man?

He raises a point but he fails to comprehend the idea of securing our future based on the time value of money. $75mill now would be $120mill in 5 years when EJ is on pace to break some of Brees' records.

Don't be cheap. If you look at the stats, QBs who make > $20m/yr are disproportionately more likely to make the playoffs. We should ink him to a 5 year deal for over $100m.

...and raise the red flag that we're sitting on a diamond in the rough...nope. Has to be more subtle yet rewarding.

I have sources in no less than 5 NFL cities who tell me they are already maneuvering cap room with EJ in mind. He's considered a can't miss project a couple years away, and the sources are aware of how fan disloyalty in Buffalo will drive his price down. Gotta lock him up.

Edited by negativo

I have sources in no less than 5 NFL cities who tell me they are already maneuvering cap room with EJ in mind. He's considered a can't miss project a couple years away, and the sources are aware of how fan disloyalty in Buffalo will drive his price down. Gotta lock him up.

So you're saying 5 other teams have already made an inquiry? I can understand their enthusiasm but I think that violates the CBA. The front office gave Fitz a 5 yr/$60 mill extension after 2 good games; EJ has played four pretty good games so I think he's worth $75mill...maybe throw in a new car, a mini fridge and free cleats.

So you're saying 5 other teams have already made an inquiry? I can understand their enthusiasm but I think that violates the CBA. The front office gave Fitz a 5 yr/$60 mill extension after 2 good games; EJ has played four pretty good games so I think he's worth $75mill...maybe throw in a new car, a mini fridge and free cleats.

We need to show him our true dedication beyond just money. Close your eyes and visualize the new, majestic, downtown waterfront EJ Manuel Stadium. It's going to have to be named after him sooner or later anyway.