The "experts" take - Bills at Texans

CodeMonkey

Stick and move. EJ is not a chump. He (by "he", i mean EJ, hackett and th3 rest of the offense) needs to find his rhythm.

No question on all points.

I am over the Whale vagina game already even though i vented pretty hard.

get that rythym going then blow the top off. Do they have any swirling winds in Tejas ?

Edited by 3rdand12

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I cant believe the Texans are 3.5 point favorites in this game

that's only because they are at home,we had a bad game, and no one starts picking us unless we repeat the Bears win a number of times. Don't worry about it.

The good news is Foster is out, we've improved our run defense, and Fitzpicktrick is not Rivers. Our defense should handle him, and we need to make sure to have Graham as the second CB, not the third.

Hopefully Schwartz draws up more pressure at times and our CB's play press so Fitz has to throw down field. Take away his short yardage passes and we'll win. Detroit will be much tougher.

The game will depend on the time of the month for EJ. If he is having his period, he probably won't play well with his hormones acting up and all.

Seriously, our offense is so one dimensional without a QB that can/will throw a ball to a WR 10 yards past the line of scrimmage. After all the BS talk about having speed at the wide-out position, how high Williams can jump, Hogan is always open, Goodwin is so fast, Sammy catches everything, Sammy is fast, Sammy is this Sammy is that ...

As a unit, they quit at home against San Diego. It's no coincidence that Lee Evans led the veteran charge Sunday. Lee must have showed them how to quit.

The Bills WR corp is the absolute worst in the league.

Buff WRs - 26 catches 319 yards 1 TD in 3 games. (Watkins 13; Woods 8; Williams 5) (Goodwin, Hogan & Easley -- zero catches)

The game will depend on the time of the month for EJ. If he is having his period, he probably won't play well with his hormones acting up and all.

Seriously, our offense is so one dimensional without a QB that can/will throw a ball to a WR 10 yards past the line of scrimmage. After all the BS talk about having speed at the wide-out position, how high Williams can jump, Hogan is always open, Goodwin is so fast, Sammy catches everything, Sammy is fast, Sammy is this Sammy is that ...

As a unit, they quit at home against San Diego. It's no coincidence that Lee Evans led the veteran charge Sunday. Lee must have showed them how to quit.

The Bills WR corp is the absolute worst in the league.

Buff WRs - 26 catches 319 yards 1 TD in 3 games. (Watkins 13; Woods 8; Williams 5) (Goodwin, Hogan & Easley -- zero catches)

You can lead a horse to the water and all that?

Gotta have an answer to the Chargers gameplan against us. If I am houston I do the exact same thing.

Bills O line cant handle stunts. At all. Haven't played together as a unit very much, in fact not at all until the first game. Texans will test how well we've shored that up. If not, we lose.

Bills D is built to stop the run. Preston Brown and Spikes are slow. When both are on the field, Texans will exploit with play action like Rivers did. Can create mismatches quickly with those two on the field. Fitz will throw 40 balls.

Never thought I would say this but Searcy being healthy and in the game would help. Duke had a rough outing last week out there.

This week we see how good our coaching really is. Schwartz earns his money this week. If I'm Marrone I don't spend one minute with the defense. Every day all day I work with the Oline and the receivers to recognize stunts and blitzes and how to contain Watt.

And for god's sake let EJ throw some freaking long balls Hackett you old lady.

Gotta have an answer to the Chargers gameplan against us. If I am houston I do the exact same thing.

Bills O line cant handle stunts. At all. Haven't played together as a unit very much, in fact not at all until the first game. Texans will test how well we've shored that up. If not, we lose.

Bills D is built to stop the run. Preston Brown and Spikes are slow. When both are on the field, Texans will exploit with play action like Rivers did. Can create mismatches quickly with those two on the field. Fitz will throw 40 balls.

Never thought I would say this but Searcy being healthy and in the game would help. Duke had a rough outing last week out there.

This week we see how good our coaching really is. Schwartz earns his money this week. If I'm Marrone I don't spend one minute with the defense. Every day all day I work with the Oline and the receivers to recognize stunts and blitzes and how to contain Watt.

And for god's sake let EJ throw some freaking long balls Hackett you old lady.

We played scared against SD, it's either eat or be eaten. The moment the Bills decided to play patsy & kick from the opponent 43, it's game over.

How do you know how good/bad any of those teams are?(With the exception of the Raiders who are obviously a bad team)

It's still too early to tell if the Redskin or Giants are "really terrible teams".

You forgot the Texans are playing the Bills. Have you watched the Bills the past decade? We always suck so I don't really understand your point.

Really?

If you want the perfect example of how LITTLE the national people know go check out PFT's predictions for this week. One guy picked the Bills and 1 the Texans so that's not the issue. The issue was the analysis, "Both of these teams have QBs that I don't particularly trust but plenty of talent elsewhere. Ryan Fitzpatrick is more likely to play a mistake free game than EJ Manuel so that's the difference."

I could think of 1,000 different angles in this game that are more applicable. If there is something that EJ does well it is minimize mistakes. If there is 1 thing that Fitz struggles with the most it is making mistakes. Has he ever watched either of these guys play?

PFT’s Week Four picks: http://profootballta...k-four-picks-5/

Bills at Texans

MDS’s take: Both of these teams have quarterbacks I don’t completely trust but plenty of talent elsewhere. But Ryan Fitzpatrick is more likely to play a mistake-free game than EJ Manuel, and that will make the difference.

MDS’s pick: Texans 20, Bills 13.

Florio’s take: Ryan Fitzpatrick welcomes to town his old team. The one that paid him a lot of money. The one that will take a little of that money back this weekend, or at a minimum inflict a commensurate amount of pain.

Florio’s pick: Bills 23, Texans 14.

Ryan Fitzpatrick playing a mistake free game would be the last reason I'd pick the Texans.

If you want the perfect example of how LITTLE the national people know go check out PFT's predictions for this week. One guy picked the Bills and 1 the Texans so that's not the issue. The issue was the analysis, "Both of these teams have QBs that I don't particularly trust but plenty of talent elsewhere. Ryan Fitzpatrick is more likely to play a mistake free game than EJ Manuel so that's the difference."

I could think of 1,000 different angles in this game that are more applicable. If there is something that EJ does well it is minimize mistakes. If there is 1 thing that Fitz struggles with the most it is making mistakes. Has he ever watched either of these guys play?

Just to compare this season, Fitz has 4tds and 3int compared to EJs 3td and 1int. We're only three games into the season, but that's par for the course for Fitz. He's a gunslinger without the gun.

The football gods will reward the team which tried to fix their starting QB position by using their first round pick on EJ Manuel last year, and they will punish the team that had the first overall pick this year which thought they were all set at starting QB with Ryan Fitzpatrick. The guy who sucked so bad after signing a big contract that it forced their opponent to spend a first round pick on a QB. The Texans brazenly thumbed their noses at the football goods knowing the worst sin of all is ignoring the starting QB position with the first overall pick.

My silly analysis for a silly week here at TSW.

PFT’s Week Four picks: http://profootballta...k-four-picks-5/

Ryan Fitzpatrick playing a mistake free game would be the last reason I'd pick the Texans.

Thanks for the link 26!! It reminded me of the year that Jason Peters was coming off of his 1st Pro Bowl season and Marshall Faulk said the Bills biggest need was LT. That was about the only thing that they DIDN'T need (besides RB).