Article on Fox News ranking tailgating cities.

CodeMonkey

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. I hate when people call them Buffalo Wings. I've heard everything from, "do Buffalps really have wings" to "they're called Buffalo wings becaise of the sauce that's BBQ and hot saice mixed". They're just wings people. Or chicken wings. How freaking hard is that???

2. I love how they open with "there's nothing else to do in Buffalo". Why dont the Packers get that kind of introduction? It's a freakimg city of 104,000 people. Buffalo triples that. And if you add in sorrounding areas it's over 1.5 million. I don't know the surrounding areas of Green Nay but im betting it's less. But 104k to me sounds like Williamsville combined with Amherst. What kind of city is that? What is there so much to do there in Green Bay that's the reason they don't take shots at the town???

As soon as I read "there is nothing else to do in Buffalo", I knew that the "over-sensitive" folks would post about it. :lol:

its not about being over sensitive. It's about being real.

Buffalo is far from NYC or Chicago. Hell, even Miami or SD. But here's a lost of other cities in the league that really aren't much different.

Cleveland

Cincinnati

Green Bay

St. Louis

Indianapolis

Jacksonville

Tampa Bay

Pittsburgh

Kansas City

Carolina

I've been to, or through almost all of those cities and don't see much different from the limited time I spent there.

Oh, I'm sure I'll get some overly sensitive people stating I'm not even close. But then again, that's what you just said to me.

its not about being over sensitive. It's about being real.

Buffalo is far from NYC or Chicago. Hell, even Miami or SD. But here's a lost of other cities in the league that really aren't much different.

Cleveland

Cincinnati

Green Bay

St. Louis

Indianapolis

Jacksonville

Tampa Bay

Pittsburgh

Kansas City

Carolina

I've been to, or through almost all of those cities and don't see much different from the limited time I spent there.

Oh, I'm sure I'll get some overly sensitive people stating I'm not even close. But then again, that's what you just said to me.

They ranked us #2 in tailgating out of all the NFL cities. But instead of focusing on that, look at the negative comment instead. Who friggin' cares.

They ranked us #2 in tailgating out of all the NFL cities. But instead of focusing on that, look at the negative comment instead. Who friggin' cares.

It's Fox News so people shouldn't care. And yes people in Buffalo are sensitive. But I kinda love that. Why take a shot at us in what could be a positive article?

For the most part, you can a lot of things in Buffalo that you can do anywhere else. You just have to leave your hotel room.

Good ranking. But the "there's not a lot to do in Buffalo" proves that this guy has never been to Buffalo. Not a "lot" compared to Chicago perhaps, but there is a decent amount of stuff to do.

They blamed that on Obama.

As for the story on Buffalo they used a photo of a Florida State tailgate!

Edited by PromoTheRobot

like Biscuit already said. Why take a shot at a place on what could have been a nice article. Why the need to continue to dump on the city???

Are you from Buffalo? Do you live in Buffalo? Becaise people in Buffalo care.

Edited by mrags

like Biscuit already said. Why take a shot at a place on what could have been a nice article. Why the need to continue to dump on the city???

Are you from Buffalo? Do you love in Buffalo? Becaise people in Buffalo care.

Yup. I think the people who say there is nothing to do somewhere probably suck no matter where they are. There are plenty of issues with Buffalo but there's certainly plenty to do if you aren't a loser. :)

I have been to about 6 games in Houston, since the Texans arrived. I must say, I must be missing out on something. Other than going to see the Bills play, with a designated "Bills party" in a parking lot of a nearby hotel, I have never gotten any sense of it being a great tailgate experience. It is a gorgeous stadium...but to me, there just isn't any vibe outside at all...I must be missing something...#4? If they are basing it just on food, maybe...but vibe? No way...

Of course, I would rank New Orleans right up there...the whole city is a frigging' tale-gate party...

Edited by Buftex