Chargers All-22

YoloinOhio

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Now its up to 5+ years? Same time as a thoracic surgeon? I am getting way to old for this. Can we get a Foles or Cousins that can produce in there 2nd year so I can see the team win before I die?

Jim , the young Ones just dont understand our predicament.

The folks who keep saying clean house grate me greatly. Time doesn't wait for the Bills to get their s==t together

Edited by 3rdand12

Here are 5 Vines from the last game that highlight his accuracy issues. In each clip the OL holds up nicely and gives him time to throw. He stands tall in the pocket, makes the correct reads, finds the open man, and then....then....he just misfires. His inconsistent play didn't just start last week either. I can excuse a young QB for not picking up a blitz, for not seeing an open receiver, or for not reading a coverage correctly. But when you do all the aforementioned correctly and simply can't throw a football accurately, well I'm just not sure that's an easily correctable part of a QB's skill set.

https://vine.co/u/1126081375733444608

And this Q, is the bottom line!! I was just talking about this with a co-worker.

Here are 5 Vines from the last game that highlight his accuracy issues. In each clip the OL holds up nicely and gives him time to throw. He stands tall in the pocket, makes the correct reads, finds the open man, and then....then....he just misfires. His inconsistent play didn't just start last week either. I can excuse a young QB for not picking up a blitz, for not seeing an open receiver, or for not reading a coverage correctly. But when you do all the aforementioned correctly and simply can't throw a football accurately, well I'm just not sure that's an easily correctable part of a QB's skill set.

Thanks for the Vines! I agree, EJ has to hit those passes to Sammy and Woods.

Now its up to 5+ years? Same time as a thoracic surgeon? I am getting way to old for this. Can we get a Foles or Cousins that can produce in there 2nd year so I can see the team win before I die?

I understand your frustration, but what, exactly, have Foles and Cousins really done? We want playoff wins and super bowl rings, not flashy stats. Foles is in a good system--good for him. But how many playoff wins does he have? Wasn't Cousins 1-4 as a starter last year?

We want to groom a Super Bowl winning QB, not just get a high stats guy. I mean look at Romo. The guy is a fantasy football stud, but who has any faith in him to bring the Cowboys to the promised land? What does it matter if you're not going to win a SB?

Let's develop EJ into something special. There's something to be said about investing in someone and truly believing in them, giving them an opportunity to grow.

In those passes to Sammy and Woods it looks like he's aiming his passes

Jim , the young Ones just dont understand our predicament.

The folks who keep saying clean house grate me greatly. Time doesn't wait for the Bills to get their s==t together

No it's not waiting for the Bills and it sure is not waiting for me. I was serious I may not live to see playoffs. Now its up to 5+ years? And the topper was I just watched the skins-eagles game and Foles and Cousins[not Manning-brady-Brees-the usual is that what you expect from EJ names] light up the score board. Do they really have that much more NFL experience than EJ?

I was referring to Rivers. He hit his stride around his 5th year. Give EJ 2 more games for all I care. Some people are going to hang on to the last 14 years of "I see the same thing from EJ that I saw in JP, Trent, RJ, etc". Are we really going to give up that much to let it play out is my point? I'm sure Orton is going to light the turf on fire once we put him in.

I understand your frustration, but what, exactly, have Foles and Cousins really done? We want playoff wins and super bowl rings, not flashy stats. Foles is in a good system--good for him. But how many playoff wins does he have? Wasn't Cousins 1-4 as a starter last year?

We want to groom a Super Bowl winning QB, not just get a high stats guy. I mean look at Romo. The guy is a fantasy football stud, but who has any faith in him to bring the Cowboys to the promised land? What does it matter if you're not going to win a SB?

Let's develop EJ into something special. There's something to be said about investing in someone and truly believing in them, giving them an opportunity to grow.

I'll take getting to the playoffs at this point. That'd be nice.

Funny I recall how for about half of the season when Fitzpatrick was playing well, suddenly the persistent OL issues disappeared.

EJ needs to figure out how to beat the pressure over the middle. That's really it. Some posters will argue we need 4 Pro-Bowlers and a HoFer on our offensive line. That's not realistic. If Ej starts making them pay, they'll back off. Until then, we'll see this kind of performance more often than not.

Was Denver's O-line top 10 before Manning went there?

EJ needs to figure out how to beat the pressure over the middle. That's really it. Some posters will argue we need 4 Pro-Bowlers and a HoFer on our offensive line. That's not realistic. If Ej starts making them pay, they'll back off. Until then, we'll see this kind of performance more often than not.

The All-22 film confirms what everyone should have seen on the broadcast. He wasn't pressured on every down and missed a lot of makable throws that would have extended drives. The lack of rapport with the receivers is scary.

I agree with you on this. I really wish we didn't commit to the "we are a run 1st team" when every team is gunning for the run on 1st and 2nd down and when EJ doesn't convert on 3 and 5+ it's his fault.

They need to throw the ball more on 1st and 2nd down

The All-22 film confirms what everyone should have seen on the broadcast. He wasn't pressured on every down and missed a lot of makable throws that would have extended drives. The lack of rapport with the receivers is scary.

I don't know so I'm seriously asking, how many of his throws were needed to convert a 3rd down? I think the play calling needs to give him a shot on 1st and 2nd down the toss the ball when they are continually stacking the box. Again, I don't know the numbers so correct me if I'm wrong.

Edited by The Wiz

I agree with you on this. I really wish we didn't commit to the "we are a run 1st team" when every team is gunning for the run on 1st and 2nd down and when EJ doesn't convert on 3 and 5+ it's his fault.

They need to throw the ball more on 1st and 2nd down

I don't know so I'm seriously asking, how many of his throws were needed to convert a 3rd down? I think the play calling needs to give him a shot on 1st and 2nd down the toss the ball when they are continually stacking the box. Again, I don't know the numbers so correct me if I'm wrong.

It wasn't just third downs. There were a couple of designed rollouts where he checked down or didn't throw. The offense wasn't clicking at all, and I think the fault lies with the general.

I really need to get the All-22, because I don't know if he didn't want to throw into tight coverage or just missed the read.