Angst in New England - Love It

Stormin Norman

That's why this season is so critical for Buffalo. NE is in decline and mediocre. Miami and the Jets are average teams... The Bills have a nice 2-1 start and can't piss this thing away. It's there for the taking!

Edited by zow2

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it is almost safe to say Bills will beat them at least once this year. Brady is still way better than EJ, but overall we have a more talented roster.beating them at home shouldn't be out of the question. I am not sure if we will end the year with a winning record, but I have a feeling we have a winning record against the division opponents. All the teams in our division are more beatable than they have been. biggest threat is the jets

Brady only looks to one or two receivers and that's it because they really dont have anyone else

I dislike the Pats as much as anyone but its ridiculous how little help they have given to Brady in rcent years

How can Amendola have dropped out of favor so hard? I don't get it. He has the talent, unless he's been slowed by injuries.

Oh, it's true. You can't print it if it's not true.

That's just journalism 101.

Frankly, I get no satisfaction from this. Tom Brady kicked the Bills around for his entire career. I wanted to see the Bills beat out the Pats while Brady was in the middle of his career, not when he is nearing 40.

It's like a guy has been having sex with your wife and daughter, and now you are giddy because he has a "For Sale" sign in front of his house.

Wow, feels so good!?

Edited by HoF Watkins

Frankly, I get no satisfaction from this. Tom Brady kicked the Bills around for his entire career. I wanted to see the Bills beat out the Pats while Brady was in the middle of his career, not when he is nearing 40.

It's like a guy has been having sex with your wife and daughter, and now you are giddy because he has a "For Sale" sign in front of his house.

Wow, feels so good!?

You know the Bills have beaten him before right?

had to repeat this

when you sort on QBR PASSER_RATING EJ's 90.8 is better than Tom's 82.9..

http://www.nfl.com/s...G_PASSER_RATING

So I guess my point is that the Cinderella QB, Tom Terrific has close too or worse stats than EJ

EJ has a better rating than Tom Terrific!!! LOL

So EJ at his best is similar to Brady at his worst. You may be right, actually.

That Tommy and his OC argued made me smile. it was like a rainbow coming in a downpour on Sunday. I just got warm and fuzzy.

All of these NE fans will disappear in a few months and instead they'll be dawning Seattle attire. I am seeing way too much Seattle attire in NC where I used to see Patriots garb. Hell, I still see more Steeler and Redskin stuff then Panther.

I lived in Boston before their first *Championship, there were zero *Patriot fans walking around in gear that fall. Most Boston peeps are actually Giant fans. It's strange, but not unexpected. The *pats became popular once they started to win but they can't come close to touching the Red Sox love, Celtic love, or even Bruin love that Boston sports fans have in their hearts.

So EJ at his best is similar to Brady at his worst. You may be right, actually.

I think Belichick overestimated Tommy Boy. It appears at 37 Brady who was skin & bones at the 2000 combine has maxed his talent & his skill set is eroding right before the hoodies eyes.

Brady won a SB with a journeyman as his primary target, Troy Brown. Brady has better weapons now with Edelman, Gronk, Amendola, Moore, Thompkins & Dobson. Vereen is equal to Antowan Smith & a better pass catcher. The other RBs are dangerous. Where the dropoff has occurred is in Brady's ability.

It's kind of funny you said this. Yesterday when Eric Wood was on with Schopp and the Dope, Mike Schopp asked Wood if a win or if the game won't feel the same because Clowney isn't playing, indicating the win wouldn't be as sweet since he wasn't in there and Wood laughed and said no, not at all.

It's the same premise. I don't give a damn if Brady is 27 and in his prime for 57 and can't move. I want wins over NE period.

I am in Taxachusetts for business and you can't believe the hand-wringing about the Patriots on their sports radio programs. The whining includes:

- Tom Brady is no longer Tom Brady. He's hitting the wall.

- Brady looks only to one or two receivers and that's it. He either hates all the other guys or has no confidence in them. Amendola has like 16 yards receiving because Brady refuses to go to him.

- The offensive line stinks. Can't generate a running game so it all falls on the QB. Protection is horrible. Calls to bring in Richie Incognito!

- Play calling is a joke.

- The total surrounding cast for Tommy Boy is substandard.

- Gronk is not healthy.

Love it! Next time I hear Buffalo radio announcers ready to go over the Falls because EJ had a tough day, I'm going to listen to WEEI to feel better.

There is blood in the water. Our crew at OBD needs to go take this division now and own it.

No reason the bills can't beat all these effers

It's kind of funny you said this. Yesterday when Eric Wood was on with Schopp and the Dope, Mike Schopp asked Wood if a win or if the game won't feel the same because Clowney isn't playing, indicating the win wouldn't be as sweet since he wasn't in there and Wood laughed and said no, not at all.

It's the same premise. I don't give a damn if Brady is 27 and in his prime for 57 and can't move. I want wins over NE period.

No way is that what the chatter in this thread is about.

Wood is a player, and he has only been here a few years. As a fan that has sat through the beatings for all these years, it's a whole different experience.

I want wins over NE too, but gloating over Brady's struggles as an old player is ridiculous. Dancing around "woo hoo, you suck Tom Brady", after they have trounced the Bills every way possible for a decade...satisfaction baby!

Edited by HoF Watkins

Wood is a player, and he has only been here a few years. As a fan that has sat through the beatings for all these years, it's a whole different experience.

I want wins over NE too, but gloating over Brady's struggles as an old player is ridiculous.

The point was that if the Bills win sunday, Wood isn't going to walk off the field and go "damn, it was nice we won, but it's not the same since Clowney wasn't playing". As a fan, it doesn't matter how old Brady is, he's still playing, he's fair game for all of it. Doesn't matter one bit.

The point was that if the Bills win sunday, Wood isn't going to walk off the field and go "damn, it was nice we won, but it's not the same since Clowney wasn't playing". As a fan, it doesn't matter how old Brady is, he's still playing, he's fair game for all of it. Doesn't matter one bit.

Clowney hasn't been beating up the Bills for a decade!

Clowney hasn't been beating up the Bills for a decade!

You're obviously not getting the point that is being made, and you're stuck on this we haven't beat them in a decade rhetoric. The point is, the players and the fans (majority anyway), shouldn't care who is lining up for the other team. we root for a victory. it's not tainted because Brady is old, or Wilfork is hurt, or whatever. It's irrelevant. The goal is to win. Regardless of who lines up for the other team. It's about winning. No one in that locker room will go, dang I wanted to beat Brady when he was 30, not 37. This win sucks!

had to repeat this

when you sort on QBR PASSER_RATING EJ's 90.8 is better than Tom's 82.9..

http://www.nfl.com/s...G_PASSER_RATING

So I guess my point is that the Cinderella QB, Tom Terrific has close too or worse stats than EJ

EJ has a better rating than Tom Terrific!!! LOL

I know you did not mean it this way so don't react incorrectly to my comments:

Brady has shown an ability to pick a team up and carry it on his back. EJ has not consistently shown that he can get first downs much less impose his will on an opposing D. So, be cautious in celebration here because for right now the odds are more in favor of Brady turning it around than they are in EJ's favor of becoming a good (much less an elite) QB.

Maybe Brady somehow has less desire and will to win. I just doubt that he has hit the physical wall as hard as we all hope for.