1. 1. Who should start next week?

• EJ Manuel
    • Kyle Orton

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Orton is FAR better than this board makes him out to be.

People on here state that he was beat out by Tim Tebow, that's not true. That's not what happened. Not even close.

Orton is a quality QB and EJ is a more athletic Trent Edwards.

Austin Davis looks better than EJ.

EJ was terrible today and the moment that really upset me the most (besides the safety) was when he missed woods (woods wasn't looking for the ball) and EJ was smiling!!! Smiling... Are you kidding me? Peyton and Brady would have flipped their lid!

So you're mad because he smiled because Woods doesn't look for the ball? Jesus get a grip. Seriously this is idiotic.

People get too emotional after one loss. It was definitely a bad day for the offense, but you don't bench your starter after the first bad game of the year. That kind of wishy-washy behavior will lose a locker room really fast.

Defensive game plan was really bad. Considering the loss of Ryan Matthews, I thought for sure that we'd have better coverage guys out there to handle the underneath stuff. Instead, Preston Brown is covering the slot WR and RBs? Terrible.

He never had a mentor. He was a project QB who was thrown to the fire. I actually feel bad for him. Nice kid. Great kid. A QB switch could be a good learning experience.

In what world? Here you helped us win our first two games but you didn't play well in the third, take a seat on the bench? My god the idiocy of this board after a loss is unbearable.

In what world? Here you helped us win our first two games but you didn't play well in the third, take a seat on the bench? My god the idiocy of this board after a loss is unbearable.

What percentage of the idiocy do we associate with PUI (posting under the influence)? It is game day, after all.

I say 72.5%

Sorry. Completely disagree. Blaming him for everything is such tunnel vision and completely unwarranted. Did he play well enough to win? No. But to say "plain and simple he's the reason" is a ridiculous statement IMO.

You are not addressing the stuff he left on the field... Missed receivers, locking on, etc... Take advantage of half those and BFLO may have won. He was simply horrible. Yet, the TD drive where he ad libbed was successful. He's showing flashes, but leaving too much on the table. I don't think it is ridiculous. We have the team where we can get instant results, this game was no exception... SD did everything for BFLO to steal it. There is only one individual on the team that can consistently steal games... Its the QB position, next follwed by running backs & receivers. He's the leader, a putrid preformance fall on him.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

What percentage of the idiocy do we associate with PUI (posting under the influence)? It is game day, after all.

I say 72.5%

Might be onto something there. People just need to take a step back. Even Manning and Brady and Luck and Rodgers have bad games. I'm not saying EJ is in their league, but the point is, it happens. No one is perfect. Everyone needs to step back and realize we're 2-1 and tied for 1st in our division.

The reality of the situation is that an insane ground game , some turnovers, and a special teams play helped just as much as EJ did . If he needs all that EVERY SINGLE GAME for us to win we are going to be in trouble.

Thats reality but I dont think he should he replaced now but people need to stop with the excuse making those two wins will seem like a decade if we dont take care of business against JJ WYatt and Suh the next two weeks

This is a ridiculous question at this juncture. The offensive line was beat soundly today and EJ felt the pressure whether it was there or not. Yeah he made some mistakes today but I pin this on the o line. No running game and weak protection all game long.

This is a ridiculous question at this juncture. The offensive line was beat soundly today and EJ felt the pressure whether it was there or not. Yeah he made some mistakes today but I pin this on the o line. No running game and weak protection all game long.

The Oline was fine the Chargers game plan was to run blitz and take away that security blanket and considering the run game is what was carrying the offense we see the results . Until we can throw the ball with authority teams are gonna try and take away the running game and dare EJ to be able to put together long mistake free drives over the course of a game.

You are not addressing the stuff he left on the field... Missed receivers, locking on, etc... Take advantage of half those and BFLO may have won. He was simply horrible. Yet, the TD drive where he ad libbed was successful. He's showing flashes, but leaving too much on the table. I don't think it is ridiculous. We have the team where we can get instant results, this game was no exception... SD did everything for BFLO to steal it. There is only one individual on the team that gane consistently steal games... Its the QB position, next follwed by running backs & receivers. He's the leader, a putrid preformance fall on him.

But wait. Everyone said since he's not a captain he can't be a leader.

I'm not ignoring the fact he didn't play well. However you called him out plain and simple as the reason. And that's not accurate. It's still a team game. If our D doesn't give up those long throws, or take penalties in the end zone to keep giving SD chances, it could be a different game overall. So my whole point was it's not ALL the QB. It's a team game and today was a team loss.

For example in your misses receivers, 2 big plays, the miss to Sammy on 4th and Woods down the middle, there's no way for you or I or anyone to know truly who is to blame on those. It could've been that EJ put the ball where it needs to be and the receivers were in the wrong. Either one of those are completed and chances are it's a different game.

Might be onto something there. People just need to take a step back. Even Manning and Brady and Luck and Rodgers have bad games. I'm not saying EJ is in their league, but the point is, it happens. No one is perfect. Everyone needs to step back and realize we're 2-1 and tied for 1st in our division.

Rodgers' offense only scored 7 points today against a division rival. What should GB do about him? He's clearly not the answer this year.

This was a team loss. There was a lot of sucking to go around. I also think Rivers after playing in the NFL for 9yrs almost has a 6th sense out there. Plus I saw some very interesting blocking by that offense that completely caught the D with their pants down.

EJ is clearly still learning. He'll chalk this one up to experience, learn from it and move on.

SDs defense was easily better than I thought too. The disruption at line of scrimmage was not what I envisioned from this team. They are going to be in the playoff picture.