Official 2nd half thread Bolts at Bills

BuffaloBill

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Overall talent is not there and EJ Is inexperienced, but it is his lack of accuracy that hurts the most and that is a skill rarely learned

Overall talent is not there and EJ Is inexperienced, but it is his lack of accuracy that hurts the most and that is a skill rarely learned

Rivers was the difference in this game. The Bills' defense, offense, and coaches didn't have a great game to say the least. EJ and his receivers were not on the same page today. Too many penalties at critical times also hurt badly. Bottom line, the Chargers are a better football team!

Staying off the shower rod. No idea why Hackett abandoned the run and put it on EJ to win the game. EJ isn't good enough yet. Reminds me of when they used to do that with Fitz. It's not a winning formula. CJ and Fred pounding the rock is.

The Chargers put it on EJ to win the game

1. Get an early lead
  2. dont turn it over
  3. force EJ to have to throw

We will see every team in the league use that same formula until EJ does something about

Win as a TEAM, lose as a TEAM.

I agree. EJ was not up to the task but neither were other units or players. Manuel was not the reason for the loss but he did have a roll in it. Better luck next week.

Very winnable game for BFLO... Oh well. I had this one down as a loss and had us @ 1-2 @ this point. Don't ask what I predicted for the next 3 games... ;-) I had the Bills 1-5 after 6... Bears helped me out...

:-/

Rivers is a QB that looks like a Hall of Famer one week and look average the next. He had a good first half and that first drive of the second half was a killer.

I agree. EJ was not up to the task but neither were other units or players. Manuel was not the reason for the loss but he did have a roll in it. Better luck next week.

But still... Rest of the team bent but did not break. EJ broke. Simple. Bend don't break and you are in it like we were on Opening Day. This one is on EJ. Intentional grounding for a safety... Gonna break, then break... Die trying.

Rivers is a QB that looks like a Hall of Famer one week and look average the next. He had a good first half and that first drive of the second half was a killer.

Down 10 with 11 left should not be this painful. That's enternity... Could have easily been in position to win or tie on final possession... This possession driven game!

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Team did snap. The defense allowed SD to score on four of the first five drives before they got into rhythm. The offensive line was dominated all day in the passing game. TO blame him is short sighted. He is not the caliber QB as Rivers. EJ is a middle of the pack type. To rely on his arm in that wind is not going to work often. This team was not ready to win. It was a team effort in defeat.

awful game by EJ, he needed to step up and couldn't. I still have faith in him, he needs to believe he can do it.

I still think in the long run EJ will be fine...Games lke this happen to young QB's...but he left some big...I mean REALLY big plays out there on the field today...When a Defense is playing well and getting pressure those chances are SO much more important...This was a winnable game if EJ could have had a little more patience and a lot better accuracy...He has to learn from this and step into it better when he's pressured...He tried to just flip the ball a couple times with wide open receivers and missed the chance at big plays...He's got to clean that up... B-)

Team did snap. The defense allowed SD to score on four of the first five drives before they got into rhythm. The offensive line was dominated all day in the passing game. TO blame him is short sighted. He is not the caliber QB as Rivers. EJ is a middle of the pack type. To rely on his arm in that wind is not going to work often. This team was not ready to win. It was a team effort in defeat.

I disagree about snapping. Snapping is having almost no hope to overcome vs. the estimated amount of possessions left (estimated conservatively w/out thinks like needing turnovers). The Bills were in postition to take this game... SD left it out there, especially with clock management and burning their timeouts.

I still think in the long run EJ will be fine...Games lke this happen to young QB's...but he left some big...I mean REALLY big plays out there on the field today...When a Defense is playing well and getting pressure those chances are SO much more important...This was a winnable game if EJ could have had a little more patience and a lot better accuracy...He has to learn from this and step into it better when he's pressured...He tried to just flip the ball a couple times with wide open receivers and missed the chance at big plays...He's got to clean that up... B-)

I hope so Kok... That's why I would stay w/him. Those big plays he left out there are disconcerting though!

Edited by ExiledInIllinois