Favorite Beer

Canadian Bills Fan

I'll stop by for a tour next time I visit SF.

Also for my CT peeps, I just discovered Two Road Brewing in Stratford. Their Lil Heaven IPA is excellent! I look forward to sampling the rest of their offerings.

Is this an invitation for a cold beer and a hot shower, too?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've really acquired a taste for some of the local breweries here in the bay area. Usually grab 6 Speakeasy prohibition

and 6 Laguantis Censored or Maximus on Friday (or the wife does) Can't go wrong we any of the three. The Laguantis do pack a punch though.

Edited by Dante

I've really acquired a taste for some of the local breweries here in the bay area. Usually grab 6 Speakeasy prohibition

and 6 Laguantis Censored or Maximus on Friday (or the wife does) Can't go wrong we any of the three. The Laguantis do pack a punch though.

Remember Maximus Super? :lol:

Never had super. I think Maximus is almost 10%. What was the content of super?

Maximus Super was a cheap malt liquor made by Utica Club (I think) or maybe Matts. Back then they didn't label beer with the precise alcohol content. I'd guess is was somewhere between 7%-8%. Seemed like more back then. The closes thing I can think of to compare it to is Steel Reserve. Needless to say, it was not a high end product.

Let me know. I've not been there but have driven by. We can go to Russian River Brewery and down a bunch Pliny the Elder and spill some just to piss Pooj off. "Hey Pooj, we just spilt more Pliny in five minutes than you've drank in a year! Bwahahahahaha!!"

My wife and I are doing a road trip down the coast of Cali - fly into north, drive down the coast - and it started out as just seeing the state but now it's basically turned into a brewery tour because there are so many I can't miss when out that way

Russian river has been number one on my list for a longgggg time so I can finally try the notorious Pliny the Elder - jealous you have it almost at your fingertips

Other stops: Sierra Nevada, Anderson valley, firestone walker, anchor, bear republic and lagunitas

Can't wait

My wife and I are doing a road trip down the coast of Cali - fly into north, drive down the coast - and it started out as just seeing the state but now it's basically turned into a brewery tour because there are so many I can't miss when out that way

Russian river has been number one on my list for a longgggg time so I can finally try the notorious Pliny the Elder - jealous you have it almost at your fingertips

Other stops: Sierra Nevada, Anderson valley, firestone walker, anchor, bear republic and lagunitas

Can't wait

Poojer wanted me to help him get some Pliny. It's delivered to a few beer stores in the city every Wednesday. One place said they only get three cases and it's gone in a couple hours.

For mass produced beer. Calgary Export Ale was a favorite "A barley sandwich in every can" Of course they quit making it. So Molson stock ale was/is still a favorite although requires a trip North of the border. Now Molson 10 if they are still producing it (they were in 2013) is lethal. But tasty.

Is Heady Topper available in the Buffalo area?

CBF

I have seen it twice at one consumers - but not at any of the others - rumors are it is making it's way here consistently, soon

EDIT: nevermind, I double checked with my friend who told me he saw Heady Topper locally to see what consumers it was in, and he just said Alchemist is working on getting it to NY (WNY/CNY/Albany) within the next year....

Edited by PaattMaann

I have tried a ridiculous amount of beers, my wife was a craft beer sales person for a distributership for 11 years.

When all is said and done, and the hops have settled, I still like Molson Canadian and Labatt the best.

Summer beers I like are freaking Mike's Hard Lemonade, Leiny Summer Shandy, and standard Blue Moon.

Sweetwater IPA is my IPA of choice.

Samuel Smith's Winter Welcome is best winter beer.