The Strain

/dev/null

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep. It gets better with each episode.

I didn't read the graphic novel, so I have no idea what happens.

Haven't seen yesterday's episode yet, either. I can't wait until they explain the "good" vampires, though.

agreed. to me, that is when i sat up and said what the hell?!?!

• 2 weeks later...

the mysterious 'good' vampires make another appearance, Palmer is healed by the master, and Setrakian is forced to flee his basement stronghold. next week's season finale ought to me a monster.

absolutely loving this show.

Edited by Azalin

What's the story with the "good" heavily armed vampires?

the leader of the 'good' vampires is supposedly a human/vampire hybrid nearly 2000 years old named Quinlan. I don't know if he's a rogue and works alone with his gang, or if they serve one or more of the other six 'ancients' - a group of original vampires of which the master belongs to as the seventh. the master is trying to take over the world, and the other six ancients are apparently allying in an attempt to stop him from doing so. it appears that Quinlan is 'recruiting' Gus to the cause.

the leader of the 'good' vampires is supposedly a human/vampire hybrid nearly 2000 years old named Quinlan. I don't know if he's a rogue and works alone with his gang, or if they serve one or more of the other six 'ancients' - a group of original vampires of which the master belongs to as the seventh. the master is trying to take over the world, and the other six ancients are apparently allying in an attempt to stop him from doing so. it appears that Quinlan is 'recruiting' Gus to the cause.

So it's sorta along the lines of BSG and the Cylons? (Assuming you watched BSG.)

Where are the ancients? On Earth?

So it's sorta along the lines of BSG and the Cylons? (Assuming you watched BSG.)

Where are the ancients? On Earth?

I actually never watched BSG....the original was too weird for me seeing old Ben Cartwright in a sci-fi role, and I never had enough time to get into the reboot.

the ancients are indeed on earth. according to the lore, there were three archangels sent to destroy Sodom & Gomorrah: Michael, Gabriel, and Ozryel. once they appeared on earth, they were made flesh. Ozryel enjoyed his corporeal form, so he rebelled against the other two angels. Michael and Gabriel kicked his @ss and basically tore him into seven pieces, scattering them across the earth. the blood that seeped from each portion essentially formed a spirit of it's own. the head, which landed in north America, became the spirit now referred to as 'the master', traveling across the land bridge into northeast Asia, and eventually into Poland, where he took over the body of a nobleman afflicted with gigantism, and has been in that body ever since. the master is destroying the balance that the other six ancients have maintained since biblical times, and it appears that Quinlan is working for at least one of them in an attempt to stop the master, whose plan is to turn the vast number of humans into slaves and blood donors after killing off all of the world's most powerful people.

I actually never watched BSG....the original was too weird for me seeing old Ben Cartwright in a sci-fi role, and I never had enough time to get into the reboot.

the ancients are indeed on earth. according to the lore, there were three archangels sent to destroy Sodom & Gomorrah: Michael, Gabriel, and Ozryel. once they appeared on earth, they were made flesh. Ozryel enjoyed his corporeal form, so he rebelled against the other two angels. Michael and Gabriel kicked his @ss and basically tore him into seven pieces, scattering them across the earth. the blood that seeped from each portion essentially formed a spirit of it's own. the head, which landed in north America, became the spirit now referred to as 'the master', traveling across the land bridge into northeast Asia, and eventually into Poland, where he took over the body of a nobleman afflicted with gigantism, and has been in that body ever since. the master is destroying the balance that the other six ancients have maintained since biblical times, and it appears that Quinlan is working for at least one of them in an attempt to stop the master, whose plan is to turn the vast number of humans into slaves and blood donors after killing off all of the world's most powerful people.

Cool background. Thanks for the info. :D

You are really smart or read the book, dr goodweather is the key and the master wants to knock him off. On the north carolina coast and it is absolutely fantastic, good to be retired baby!

I haven't read any of the books, but I guess I'm rapidly turning into a 'strain geek'. there's a lot of info on the FX site to be gleaned if anyone wants to take the time and do a little digging.

cheers from central Texas.....I miss the NC coast.

Cool background. Thanks for the info. :D

it's all considerably more complicated than my summary, but that's the general gist of it all. pretty cool stuff.

So Sauron is back?

Anybody else watching The Strain on FX?

i do not watch this show...but damn FX is just an awesome station.

I am really into The Bridge(season/series finale tonight) ...they have a ton of great dramas.

PLus, they had two sitcoms on during the summer that i thought were great..Married and You're the Worst.

The latter being one of the funnier , if not the funniest, thing i have seen on TV in quite some time.

• 9 months later...