The Strain

/dev/null

I'm a little disappointed that they took out Seal Team Vampire so quickly. I'm liking the Gus storyline.

Zach has this annoying Carl from The Walking Dead (when he was whiny, not the badass he is now) feel to him. I'm seriously hoping he gets eaten soon.

I knew that Setrakian was doing something to stay young, just didn't see that coming. I wonder if there's some chance that Eph and Nora could find a cure using his boiled worm eyedrops info.

The British chick is a bad actress and a bit annoying, but she could definitely get it. Fet is funny.

I'm really enjoying this season so far.

Thanks to Azalin for providing some context from the books. I had no idea it was a book series. I'll have to check it out. I am a huge fan of another vampire series, The Passage. One of my favorite reads and a cool new take on vampires tales. The third book in the trilogy is coming out late this year.

I bet there are more vamp ninjas they will conjure up

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks to Azalin for providing some context from the books. I had no idea it was a book series. I'll have to check it out. I am a huge fan of another vampire series, The Passage. One of my favorite reads and a cool new take on vampires tales. The third book in the trilogy is coming out late this year.

Cheers! :beer:

I bet there are more vamp ninjas they will conjure up

The one that was the 'leader' of the vampire 'hit men' was thought to be a character named Quinlan. However he was revealed to be named Vaun a couple episodes ago. That likely means that there is still more of them, and that an even higher-ranking one named Quinlan will be revealed before long.

I've been waiting for them to introduce 'the Silver Angel' - the Mexican wrestler - for a while. He supposedly becomes an ally of the strigoi-killers, but he's off to a rough start with Gus.

Speaking of Gus, what a great scene when he was speaking with The Master through his strigoi mother. It was touching to see such a badass overcome by sentimentality & unable to kill the creature that his mom had become.

Cheers! :beer:

The one that was the 'leader' of the vampire 'hit men' was thought to be a character named Quinlan. However he was revealed to be named Vaun a couple episodes ago. That likely means that there is still more of them, and that an even higher-ranking one named Quinlan will be revealed before long.

I've been waiting for them to introduce 'the Silver Angel' - the Mexican wrestler - for a while. He supposedly becomes an ally of the strigoi-killers, but he's off to a rough start with Gus.

Speaking of Gus, what a great scene when he was speaking with The Master through his strigoi mother. It was touching to see such a badass overcome by sentimentality & unable to kill the creature that his mom had become.

Yeah that was a great scene.

I think ol' angel doesn't like gus because he likes the girl from the restaurant.

You just knew that Eph would run into his old boss, Dr Barnes, on the train. I'm guessing that we haven't seen the last of him, despite his sudden departure.

That must have been Quinlan, the human-strigoi hybrid & vampire hunter supreme, introduced at the end of the show.

You just knew that Eph would run into his old boss, Dr Barnes, on the train. I'm guessing that we haven't seen the last of him, despite his sudden departure.

That must have been Quinlan, the human-strigoi hybrid & vampire hunter supreme, introduced at the end of the show.

I'm watching it now, was that the dude he was sitting with on the train?

edit: um , nope also think he is dead.

Also don't get why the vamps are trying to kill the vamps?

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

Also don't get why the vamps are trying to kill the vamps?

Remember when Gus was first taken to see the ancients? Their spokesman, Vaun, said that the ancients were trying to stop the master because we has too overt in his ways. The ancients prefer to remain unknown and anonymous, and the master is ruining it for them.

yeah leave it to the Vatican to be involved ;)

I believe that relates to the book - the Occido Lumen, that Satrakian is after.

No spoilers, but there's a definite reason for that. With the character that's being introduced next week, you'll probably have a much better idea why soon.

Early in the first season, we first saw the vampire 'assassin squad' when they appeared at Joan Luss's (the female atorney who 'survived' the flight from Berlin only to turn into a strigoi) house and killed her. The leader of those 'vampire assassins' was presumed by fans to be a character named Mr Quinlan, but instead turned out to be a character created for the TV version of the story, named Vaun. I've never read the books, but Mr Quinlan is a major character and is half strigoi, so it's safe to assume that's who they teased us with at the end of the show.

Edited by Azalin

Remember when Gus was first taken to see the ancients? Their spokesman, Vaun, said that the ancients were trying to stop the master because we has too overt in his ways. The ancients prefer to remain unknown and anonymous, and the master is ruining it for them.

I believe that relates to the book - the Occido Lumen, that Satrakian is after.

Early in the first season, we first saw the vampire 'assassin squad' when they appeared at Joan Luss's (the female atorney who 'survived' the flight from Berlin only to turn into a strigoi) house and killed her. The leader of those 'vampire assassins' was presumed by fans to be a character named Mr Quinlan, but instead turned out to be a character created for the TV version of the story, named Vaun. I've never read the books, but Mr Quinlan is a major character and is half strigoi, so it's safe to assume that's who they teased us with at the end of the show.

Half?

I'm making myself continue to watch this series because the story is intriguing, but good god, every scene involving that kid is like nails on a chalkboard, and Corey Stoll is destroying any previous thoughts I had that he was a competent actor.

The show is still watchable because of Setrakian, Nora, Gus, Eichhorst, and the rat catcher.

I'm making myself continue to watch this series because the story is intriguing, but good god, every scene involving that kid is like nails on a chalkboard, and Corey Stoll is destroying any previous thoughts I had that he was a competent actor.

The show is still watchable because of Setrakian, Nora, Gus, Eichhorst, and the rat catcher.

I love this show, can't get enough, love all the characters although the kid could use some child abuse.

One more on team "kill the kid"!

It would probably be quicker to tally up those who aren't on the team

Indeed - the character sure has changed since last season. I remember when he snuck out to get Nora's mother a pack of cigarettes, and almost got offed by some strigoi. If that was to happen now, everyone would be cheering for him to be attacked.