The Strain

/dev/null

It's great to me, it's actually one of the few shows that I think about during the week and can't wait to watch, most of the shows I watch I forget I even record them and then when I go to the list I'm like oh yeah this is on tonight guess I' watch this.

Like I said, it's entertaining and I watch it for the story, but for illustrative purposes compare the acting with Daredevil. Like night and day.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Setrakian making liquid of the worms and using them as longevity-inducing eye drops was a weird, unexpected twist. On the other hand, they answered my question and brought Fitzwilliams back into the story.

Setrakian making liquid of the worms and using them as longevity-inducing eye drops was a weird, unexpected twist. On the other hand, they answered my question and brought Fitzwilliams back into the story.

I suspected that Setrakian was doing something with vampires to keep himself alive. Last season I wondered how a survivor of the Holocaust, which put him at least in his 80s, was able to keep up what he was doing. Then the episode where Palmer was near death and The Master came to his aid with that white liquid. I'm wondering if maybe he was using the worms in his ex-wifes heart (that Palmer took in the Pawn Shop raid.

Big disappointment seeing how quickly Palmer dispatched the Ninja Vampires. I wish he'd turn up the lights on Bolivar

I suspected that Setrakian was doing something with vampires to keep himself alive. Last season I wondered how a survivor of the Holocaust, which put him at least in his 80s, was able to keep up what he was doing. Then the episode where Palmer was near death and The Master came to his aid with that white liquid. I'm wondering if maybe he was using the worms in his ex-wifes heart (that Palmer took in the Pawn Shop raid.

Big disappointment seeing how quickly Palmer dispatched the Ninja Vampires. I wish he'd turn up the lights on Bolivar

I was wondering how they could square his supposed age (they had listed Setrakian as being 88 in the wiki) with the timeline (being at Treblinka and all) but had just assumed they were using a little creative license. I had no inkling that he was actually brewing up anything to sustain himself, but it makes sense once you think about it. You're probably right that he was using the worms from Miriam's heart - I don't know where else he could have gotten any from.

I was disappointed that Palmer managed to dispatch the vampiric kidnappers, but it makes sense that he'd have a trap like that built if he's been dealing with the likes of Eichhorst. I don't imagine that anything will happen to Bolivar any time soon - there's big plans in the works for him.

I'm also really enjoying the 'feelers' - Kelly Goodweather's new 'children'. Creepy as hell.

I'm sure there is more ninja vamps. I really don't get why they want to stop the master. I also hope the crew takes them and the other masters out someday.

I really don't get why they want to stop the master.

There are seven Ancients in total. The other six are going after The Master because he's too overt in his methods - they prefer to remain unknown in obscurity, and he's ruining it for them.

I'm familiar with the original story arc, and I can tell you that to know the ultimate fate of the ancients is to know their origin as well.

There are seven Ancients in total. The other six are going after The Master because he's too overt in his methods - they prefer to remain unknown in obscurity, and he's ruining it for them.

I'm familiar with the original story arc, and I can tell you that to know the ultimate fate of the ancients is to know their origin as well.

it seems that THE master was just some dude from Romania (?) with gigantism and not that ancient.

where are the other 3 ancients? (can't stand those guys how they just rest there and have their nubes bring them victims, hope they all get sun burned)

it seems that THE master was just some dude from Romania (?) with gigantism and not that ancient.

where are the other 3 ancients? (can't stand those guys how they just rest there and have their nubes bring them victims, hope they all get sun burned)

Jusef Sardu was the Romanian noble with Gigantism. The scene where he was confronted in the cave by that ancient Strigoi was where he was confronted by the ancient known as 'The Master'. The Master took Sardu's body over in the cave and has been in it ever since. I don't know how many bodies The Master has lived in, but his presence on Earth goes all the way back to the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah.

I have no idea where the other three Ancients are - I was wondering at first if there were only going to be a total of four of them in the TV series, since they only showed those three, but Vaun revealed in the scene where they brought Setrakian before them that there were seven. The one called The Master is supposedly the strongest of them. I could elaborate, but not without letting loose a few spoilers.

Jusef Sardu was the Romanian noble with Gigantism. The scene where he was confronted in the cave by that ancient Strigoi was where he was confronted by the ancient known as 'The Master'. The Master took Sardu's body over in the cave and has been in it ever since. I don't know how many bodies The Master has lived in, but his presence on Earth goes all the way back to the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah.

I have no idea where the other three Ancients are - I was wondering at first if there were only going to be a total of four of them in the TV series, since they only showed those three, but Vaun revealed in the scene where they brought Setrakian before them that there were seven. The one called The Master is supposedly the strongest of them. I could elaborate, but not without letting loose a few spoilers.

Ah I see, and is why he is getting a new one. Wonder who gets to be the new master, maybe the Russian rat catcher, would be quite a plot twist.

Sodom and Gomorrah how perfect, couldn't find a better place to find the scum of the earth.

Ah I see, and is why he is getting a new one. Wonder who gets to be the new master, maybe the Russian rat catcher, would be quite a plot twist.

Setrakian messed up The Master pretty badly when he forced him out into the sunlight, so he's preparing to take over a new body. As things stand right now, the two most likely candidates are Eichhorst and Bolivar (I know which it's supposed to be, but the show has already deviated considerably from the story arc of the books).

Setrakian messed up The Master pretty badly when he forced him out into the sunlight, so he's preparing to take over a new body. As things stand right now, the two most likely candidates are Eichhorst and Bolivar (I know which it's supposed to be, but the show has already deviated considerably from the story arc of the books).

I say no way to Eichorst, but could see Bolivar as the new guy

Bolivar probably

A couple other possibilities.

Zack

Palmer's hot assistant

Fitzwilliams

Zach definitely plays an important role in The Master's scheme, at least because he's with Eph & Setrakian. His mom-turned-strigoi is sending out her new 'children' to find Zach - and by association, those that almost killed The Master.

If I had to guess, I'd predict that Ms Marchant (Palmer's hot assistant) will wind up either strigoi fodder, in league with Councilwoman Feraldo, or both. I'm really hoping that Fitzwilliam hooks up with either Gus or Eph/Setrakian.

Edited by Azalin

If I had to guess, I'd predict that Ms Marchant (Palmer's hot assistant) will wind up either strigoi fodder, in league with Councilwoman Feraldo, or both. I'm really hoping that Fitzwilliam hooks up with either Gus or Eph/Setrakian.

I'm thinking Fitzy still has supporters in Stonehart. Marchant will start to figure out something isn't right but before she can say something to Palmer, one of Fitzy former associates steps in. Eventually the two are introduced and start working together to take down Palmer, Fitzy from the outside and Marchant from within Stonehart.

Meanwhile Councilwoman has access to the Mayor and the head of the CDC, Eph's former boss from season 1. Eph's former boss is a spineless bureaucrat that got promoted after watching his boss get murdered. But he also seemed to understand that something's not right.

So Fitzy will end up working with Marchant. Marchant has access to the Councilwoman thru Palmer. Councilwoman has access to CDC director who starts slipping info back and forth to Eph.

Just a guess and probably wrong :P

Bolivar probably

A couple other possibilities.

Zack :lol:

Palmer's hot assistant :lol::lol:

Fitzwilliams :devil:

Zach definitely plays an important role in The Master's scheme, at least because he's with Eph & Setrakian. His mom-turned-strigoi is sending out her new 'children' to find Zach - and by association, those that almost killed The Master.

If I had to guess, I'd predict that Ms Marchant (Palmer's hot assistant) will wind up either strigoi fodder, in league with Councilwoman Feraldo Hopefully hate to see her turn , or both. I'm really hoping that Fitzwilliam hooks up with either Gus or Eph/Setrakian. hopefully not gus no help for the "masters"

I'm a little disappointed that they took out Seal Team Vampire so quickly. I'm liking the Gus storyline.

Zach has this annoying Carl from The Walking Dead (when he was whiny, not the badass he is now) feel to him. I'm seriously hoping he gets eaten soon.

I knew that Setrakian was doing something to stay young, just didn't see that coming. I wonder if there's some chance that Eph and Nora could find a cure using his boiled worm eyedrops info.

The British chick is a bad actress and a bit annoying, but she could definitely get it. Fet is funny.

I'm really enjoying this season so far.

Thanks to Azalin for providing some context from the books. I had no idea it was a book series. I'll have to check it out. I am a huge fan of another vampire series, The Passage. One of my favorite reads and a cool new take on vampires tales. The third book in the trilogy is coming out late this year.