I dont see why its a surprise we are 2-0

enlightener

I was telling my friend as we closed out the fish this weekend, "weve had no QB for 10 years so weve had to get good everywhere else, now that our QB is playing even decent, we are actually a great team."

heres a breakdown of why we are a great team...

Dline- 3 first round picks, one first overall, the lowest drafted guy-the most productive of the 4! a(oh and 3 are probowlers)

Linebacker- we have other teams first or second round picks, and Bradham as a back up whose becoming better every week.(kiko=2nd rounder)

Secondary- (the area we focused on since jauron era) first round picks playing at CB and a free agent whose suddenly our best CB. Safety manned by our second round pick CB and searcy= solid

Running backs- CJ FJ nuff said.

WR- suddenly a strength of our team with young fast talented guys with hands and a free agent whose better than who he replaced. Long gone are the days of Roscoe parrish + Josh reed or Donald Jones +Brad smith pretending to be quality starting WR’s

Line- suddenly strong, RG is weak but a solid center and two bookend tackles? Its better than a lot of teams Olines in this league.

QB-playing efficient and smart, see Kaperstank for a what a red hot young QB can do to totally blow a lead and lose a game you were winning.

Like I said with a decent QB weve been primed for 2-3 years already to be a playoff team, we might just skip “making” the playoffs and actually do damage this year. Im calling it now! This isn’t your daddy Trent Edwards 5-1 team!

Edited by enlightener

I think the doubt prior to the season, and even during this season is because of several things...

- QB means everything, and Manuel is a work in progress that may go forward or may go back

- The Bills best safety was let go in the offseason

- The right side of the line(actually all line positions outside of Wood & Glenn) were question marks

- The loss of Kiko

- Replacing Stevie Johnson

- Coaching staff

- The TE position is still a mess

That being said, there are several positives through training camp and the first two games...

- Corey Graham appears to be a great pickup solidifying your top 4 CB's(Gilmore, McKelvin, Graham & Roby)

- Watkins appears to be the real deal, and Mike Williams addition gives them a solid top 3 at WR

- Brown, Bradham, Rivers and Spikes seem to be good additions in the LB rotation and help offset the loss of Kiko

- Carpenter continues to be outstanding

- Henderson coming out of nowhere to be the starting RT was a real surprise.

We'll see how the season plays out, and not to put the cart before the horse, but 3 out of the last 4 are going to be tough games(@ Denver, Green Bay & @ New England)

Edited by LabattBlue

I'm not overly surprised. I expected us to kick the **** out of Miami. They are a bad matchup vs us and will be as long as Philban is their coach.

The bears game was somewhat of a surprise, but anyone paying attention to EJ during camp could tell you, that kid was much better and much more confident. They showed nothing during preseason and as a result we are winning games

I figured 1-1. The Bears win was huge to me though. The matchups did not seem very favorable with their two WR's, Bennett, and Forte. I didn't know if the SS position would prove to be a weakness and I thought our LB's would be exploited by Bennett and Forte. With that being said, the defense stood tall and we got a solid performance out of EJ. Games like that, especially after coughing up the lead, were games that this team would have lost last season.

I'm not overly surprised. I expected us to kick the **** out of Miami. They are a bad matchup vs us and will be as long as Philban is their coach.

The bears game was somewhat of a surprise, but anyone paying attention to EJ during camp could tell you, that kid was much better and much more confident. They showed nothing during preseason and as a result we are winning games

if you figure them percentage wise

id probably have said we had a 30-40% chance to beat Chicago, and maybe a 60% or so against miami. That would give us about a 1 out of 4 or 5 shot of getting to 2-0 by my book. not a shocking feat, but an accomplishment.

The Bills have sucked for 15 years and they looked like **** during preseason, that's why. It's really not hard to figure out.

Every year most of the folks here make predictions that overstate the Bills talent and final record. We're all happy to see them 2-0 but let's revisit this post in a month and a half. At the midway point, we'll have a much better idea what this team is about. Fitz had the Bills team at 5-2 in 2010 and they finished 6-10. Save your erection for Week 17 and beyond. In the meantime, Go Bills!

wait til week 17???? that's a mistake also, why wait all year to be happy? I liked what I saw and don't need to wait, If they played bad and won id still be mad and worried, but they have a lot of talent and are putting it together, why not be pumped now?, its long overdue, anyone who knows stocks and the market would see this team is trending up and about to pop. the past means nothing now, there is no fitz, jauron SJ Levy or trent Edwards to worry about, his team is alot like seattle or the old Ravens with the average QB they had when they won a SuperBowl

Edited by enlightener

The Bills have sucked for 15 years and they looked like **** during preseason, that's why. It's really not hard to figure out.

Every year most of the folks here make predictions that overstate the Bills talent and final record. We're all happy to see them 2-0 but let's revisit this post in a month and a half. At the midway point, we'll have a much better idea what this team is about. Fitz had the Bills team at 5-2 in 2010 and they finished 6-10. Save your erection for Week 17 and beyond. In the meantime, Go Bills!

There are exactly 8 players left from that team and only 3 from 2008. Different year, different front office, different coaching staff, different players. You may want to wait till week 17 to get excited, but don't expect everyone else to sit on their hands while this team plays well. This also should tell you what preseason means......

NOTHING.

Edited by LOVEMESOMEBILLS

No idea how old you are but the Super Bowl Bills played like crap in preseason too. At least two times they went 0-4. And people freaked out then as well. Of course there was no internet to freak out. It was sports radio mainly.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

No idea how old you are but the Super Bowl Bills played like crap in preseason too. At least two times they went 0-4. And people freaked out then as well. Of course there was no internet to freak out. It was sports radio mainly.

I'm 40 and remember those preseasons well. Your point is mine exactly. Fans freak out when teams suck in the preseason - it's normal. It's also normal to get over-excited after a 2-0 start. But lots of teams win their first 2 games and still miss the playoffs. The Bills have teased and broken our hearts before. They need to play more games before the team really shows what it is.

those bills that teased us didnt make the team, also those coaches teased us, and our gone.

It hast been said but two huge problems looked solved this year...

Crossmans S.teams look solid...down to the last second addition of the new punter(golden)

Hackett seems like he has a clue, using play action, power formations, screens, etc all things he forego in 2013