Empirical evidence of 1(of many) Miami false starts.

OCinBuffalo

I made this myself. Normally, I wouldn't bother, but, the Dolphins got away with what is below the whole friggin game. The following is the most critical one, as it allowed them to get a 1st on 4th down, and eventually their only TD. This made the game 16-10 us. It's one thing to miss this call, but, this was ~ the 4th one they missed. BOTH Dolphin tackles were kicking their legs out prior to the snap. (The whistling sound is the WGR morning show in the background+slow motion+filtering....sorry, I don't have time to clean it up. Besides, it's irrelevant)

http://youtu.be/mj-Fd6EnbY8

As you an see: Absolute horsecrap officiating. No excuse for this. Add this to the penalty we got for the ref, running out of the white paint, and into OUR sideline...and then calling the penalty on us. (Which is why we had to kick from our 20 after the CJ Spiller run back).

Unmitigated moron refs yesterday.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

Thanks for the slow motion of the play.

But it's pretty clear that he moves early in real time. I heard this play on the radio and John Murphy said "I know I wasn't the only person to see that was I? I'm in the press box and could see that, you would expect people 15 feet away to see it too."

I thought I was losing my eyesight. It seemed so obvious to me several times, but I kept thinking there is no way the refs could miss what I think I'm seeing - maybe I'm missing the snap of the ball.

I don't know why I gave them the benefit of the doubt over my own eyes, given how many blown calls we routinely see. These were particularly weird, though, as I don't think we typically see a lot of blatant missed false start non-calls.

Oh well. 2-0 and everything goes down a little easier.

Appreciate the effort. I think it was even more obvious live. Especially the one on 4th down. How they missed that is beyond explanation. I've seen the refs throw flags when tackles shoulders shift, or a head moves. When the guy stands up and is back 3 feet before the snap...the play should have been whistled dead.

What the hell. Game changer.

The fact that the Bills overcame these issues shows they are and are becoming a much better team. The D is solid and EJ is taking small forward steps of progress. There is a lot to feel good about. I will admit to being a per who thought otherwise coming out of the preseason. I am happy to be eating crow.

I was screaming at the TV for this.

I thought I was losing my eyesight.

I was screaming at the TV as well, and, have lost my voice as a result.

I can still type though....much to the chagrin of some here....:lol:

Oh well. 2-0 and everything goes down a little easier.

That's why I almost didn't bother. But, it was the first thing I thought of when i woke up. I didn't want to be thinking about it all day, so, embarrassing these refs on youtube seem to be a good penance for them, and outlet for me. :)

I think everyone that was watching the game, except the officials saw that one. I didn't get nearly that upset, just chalked it up to a blown call, which seems to happen a lot over the course of a game. I'm with you though, if everyone watching saw it, how did the officials not see it? And I'm still scratching my head over the unsportsmanlike call on the C.J. touchdown. Still don't know who did what to whom to get that call.

the Bills won ergo Bills Fans WON.

get over the petty penalties that didn't kill the Bills

Empirical evidence is: empirical evidence. There is nothing to get over, under, around.

It's right under your nose.

George Orwell: "To see what is in front of one's nose needs a constant struggle".

I suggest more struggle.

I think everyone that was watching the game, except the officials saw that one. I didn't get nearly that upset, just chalked it up to a blown call, which seems to happen a lot over the course of a game. I'm with you though, if everyone watching saw it, how did the officials not see it? And I'm still scratching my head over the unsportsmanlike call on the C.J. touchdown. Still don't know who did what to whom to get that call.

I read that Lee Smith got it, even though he was inactive. He was running with Spiller down the sidelines and unintentionally ran through an official.

Edited by kdub

What exactly happened on the sideline on that return? I was at the game and didn't really see what went on.

Exactly:

There is a rule that if the players/coaches impede a ref from running down the sideline in the white paint, It's why you see coaches constantly telling the team to get off the white paint, it's an unsportsmanlike penalty(15 yards). In this case, the ref running down the sideline on the Spiller return ran past the white paint, and into the Bills gaggle standing on the sidelines. I believe it was into Lee Smith.

The ref called a penalty on Smith, but it was his own idiocy/inability to run in a staight line/lack of coordination, that was at fault.

The Spiller TD counts, but, we had to kick from out 20 as a result.

EDIT: The idiot TV announcers had absolutely no idea that it even happened. They didn't even notice that we kicked from our 20, so you didn't miss anything. I just watched it on Game Rewind.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

Exactly:

There is a rule that if the players/coaches impede a ref from running down the sideline in the white paint, It's why you see coaches constantly telling the team to get off the white paint, it's an unsportsmanlike penalty(15 yards). In this case, the ref running down the sideline on the Spiller return ran past the white paint, and into the Bills gaggle standing on the sidelines. I believe it was into Lee Smith.

The ref called a penalty on Smith, but it was his own idiocy/inability to run in a staight line/lack of coordination, that was at fault.

The Spiller TD counts, but, we had to kick from out 20 as a result.

EDIT: The idiot TV announcers had absolutely no idea that it even happened. They didn't even notice that we kicked from our 20, so you didn't miss anything. I just watched it on Game Rewind.

OK thanks, OC. I noticed the flag but couldn't even hear the Refs call over the crowd. And I wasn't really concerned since the TD counted. I just figured it was excessive celebration or something.

Good to know the refs are in peak form...

Empirical evidence is: empirical evidence. There is nothing to get over, under, around.

It's right under your nose.

George Orwell: "To see what is in front of one's nose needs a constant struggle".

I suggest more struggle.

I'm all for whining about the Ref's but you got to know when to pick your battles.

Arguing a ref's call on what, in the end had little effect on the Bills WIN.

be a happy winner