Is Stephon Gilmore injury prone? Fragile?

San-O

Entering his 3rd year, average + player? Maybe just average?

He missed a lot last year as we all know, and did not start this season: listed as probable for this weekend.

Corey Graham did look very good last week, I think .

http://www.nfl.com/p...2533062/profile

Final Practice Report:

Bills: OUT: LB Keith Rivers (Groin).

DOUBTFUL: S Jonathan Meeks (Neck); TE Lee Smith (Toe).

PROBABLE: S Aaron Williams (Head); WR Sammy Watkins (Ribs); CB Stephon Gilmore (Groin); WR Chris Hogan (Ankle).

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes. Wait...no. Well...maybe? I don't know what this thread is about.

LOL. I am wondering if he is going to continue to be in and out of the lineup. Could effect the Bills should they be in it, later in the year I guess.

Entering his 3rd year, average + player? Maybe just average?

He missed a lot last year as we all know, and did not start this season: listed as probable for this weekend.

Corey Graham did look very good last week, I think .

http://www.nfl.com/p...2533062/profile

Final Practice Report:

Bills: OUT: LB Keith Rivers (Groin).

DOUBTFUL: S Jonathan Meeks (Neck); TE Lee Smith (Toe).

PROBABLE: S Aaron Williams (Head); WR Sammy Watkins (Ribs); CB Stephon Gilmore (Groin); WR Chris Hogan (Ankle).

Stephon Gilmore has played really well in samples and has played very poorly in small samples while the majority of his body work has been just average.

Huge disappointment. He has not lived up to his hype. Average corner at best. Teams aren't afraid to throw to his area of coverage at all. He seems too laid-back about playing, as if he can take it or leave it depending how he feels that week.

Some posters will say he is a bust and others will say he is a stud...

I haven't seen much from the guy to say he will be an above average player. Looks like a replaceable corner at this point in his career.

Corey Graham showed more in 1 game than I have ever seen from Gilmore.

Edited by kobe808lak

I was forgetting, he was the 10th overall PICK!!!

Stephon Gilmore

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Stephon Gilmore Stephon_Gilmore_2012.jpg

Gilmore in 2012 playing against Detroit

No. 24 Buffalo Bills Cornerback

Personal information Date of birth: September 19, 1990 (age 23) Place of birth: Rock Hill, South Carolina Height: 6 ft 1 in (1.85 m) Weight: 190 lb (86 kg)

Career information High school: Rock Hill (SC) South Pointe College: South Carolina NFL Draft: 2012 / Round: 1 / Pick: 10 Debuted in 2012 for the Buffalo Bills

Career history

Roster status: Active

Career highlights and awards

• CFN, Phil Steele Freshman All-American (2009)
  • Parade, EA Sports High School All-American (2008)
  • Third Team All-American (AP) (2011)
  • First Team All-SEC (2010, 2011)

Career NFL statistics as of Week 17, 2013 Tackles 96 Sacks 0.0 Interceptions 3 Stats at NFL.com

Stephon Stiles Gilmore (born September 19, 1990) is an American football cornerback for the Buffalo Bills of the National Football League (NFL). He was drafted by the Bills tenth overall in the 2012 NFL Draft.[1] He played college football at South Carolina. Gilmore was regarded as one of the best cornerback prospects of his class.[2]

I think it is pretty early to be judging Gilmore. I thought that he played well as a rookie and then broke his arm last year. He couldn't strength train for what 8-10 weeks and then came back with that huge club on his hand.

Why do some want to label guys as busts so early? Sometimes it just takes time and good health for some of these players to really perform well. Many here wanted to run Aaron Williams out of town and it turns out he is pretty damn good. McKelvin also played well last year after a few frustrating years.

Magic 8 ball says "Good thing we have nice depth at CB."

My magic 8 ball just gives me stupid answers like "Yes, No, maybe".

Any Bills related question and it always gets stuck between answers. Even my 8 ball is afraid to make predictions... WTF